Fantasmic! gets show lighting upgrades ahead of its 15th anniversary

Voxel

President of Progress City
I would love to see a variation like Disney Sea in Tokyo but the only place that would be viable is Epcot and I don't want illuminations to go away.

hpyhnt 1000

Wowwwwwwwww!!! New LED lights! That'll be something to tout on the Vacation Planning DVD.

Seriously, this is the sort of upgrade that should just happen on a regular basis, not sporadically every 15 years.

Still waitin' on the new dragon though...

the_claw

gotta love a F! update...they are few and far between!! Agreed on the glowing hats thing, now your gonna have to contend with light-sabers, hats, spinning lighty up Buzz, Mickey, Minnie and any other sodding character and the parent who thinks their child is more important than anyone else in the PARK, and has to be on their shoulders...great

TP2000

I've seen the DL version the past two Sundays, and the LEDs on the princess barges are very beautiful. Good work.

Of course, it's not what you're thinking of on the way out:
Fantasmic2-111310-AVP.jpg

Seriously, there is a 30 (40?) ft tall moving animatronic dragon that actually breathes fire on one coast, and a head on the stick on another. Look at how much bigger that thing is than Mickey. And it moves around. That's unacceptable. [/rant]

Oh, but Disneyland is just a tiny, little locals only park. I mean, no one even goes to Disneyland, except 20+ Million people per year from every country on the planet.

But except for all those millions of overseas foreigners, and a few folks from Seattle or Boise and maybe Canada, no one but locals go there so they have to have a fire-breathing animatronic dragon perform twice per night. It's just what tiny, little local theme parks have to do to survive. WDW has the blessing of size, so...

Californian Elitist

I've seen the DL version the past two Sundays, and the LEDs on the princess barges are very beautiful. Good work.

Of course, it's not what you're thinking of on the way out:
Fantasmic2-111310-AVP.jpg

Seriously, there is a 30 (40?) ft tall moving animatronic dragon that actually breathes fire on one coast, and a head on the stick on another. Look at how much bigger that thing is than Mickey. And it moves around. That's unacceptable. [/rant]

I can never get over that description... "head on a stick." Hilarious.

Good thing Florida's is getting an upgrade (not the dragon).

FutureWorld1982

Good thing Florida's is getting an upgrade (not the dragon).

Hopefully, sooner than later... Marni actually said that WDW is going to receive some additional nighttime offerings in the future (other than in Animal Kingdom), so I wonder if this has to do with a complete upgrade of Fantasmic!...

Kevin_W

I visited Disneyland this summer for the first time since I was 2 years old... and there was no dragon during Fantasmic either of the 2 nights we were in the park. :( After all I'd read about the dragon it was pretty disappointing.

I'm in the camp of not being excited about Glow with the Show, although I have a coworker who cannot wait. I don't like bright lights near me during the night shows. The light sticks and spinny kids toys they sell drive me nuts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom