News Fantasmic!, Festival of Fantasy Parade and Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire to return to Walt Disney World

Ghost93

I love the Fantasmic show as it is because I was born in the 90s and I see it as a tribute to the Disney Renaissance era. That being said, from a business perspective and to be relevant to today's kids, I agree it needs some major updates. Replacing Pocahontas with Moana is a no-brainer (Moana is a much more popular and less controversial IP). Flynn and Rapunzel and Tiana and Naveen should probably be added to the Princess segment.

As for the villains, I'd swap out Claude Frollo with Dr. Facillier. Don't get me wrong, Frollo is one of the best Disney villains, but I feel a lot of people don't know who he is. Also, as an evil sorcerer, it makes more sense for Facillier to join the other Disney villains in trying to kill Mickey. Frollo considered himself a righteous man, so he really wouldn't openly join forces with people who brag about being evil. Frollo is a different kind of evil (the one that's in self-denial).

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
It is my understanding that the date has been set, maybe they want the delay option just in case?
A lot of people here don’t seem to grasp that a cast workshop of the updates has to take place and IF all goes well, they will then have to train multiple casts worth of performers. Training for F! takes an entire month because of how safety critical all of the roles are. Summer is likely, but it isn’t going to happen as quickly as everyone here is wanting.

mm52200

A lot of people here don’t seem to grasp that a cast workshop of the updates has to take place and IF all goes well, they will then have to train multiple casts worth of performers. Training for F! takes an entire month because of how safety critical all of the roles are. Summer is likely, but it isn’t going to happen as quickly as everyone here is wanting.
This. And just because the refurbishment looks done, that means entertainment was just given access back to the venue and have to program, tech, test out brand new equipment for almost an entirely new show. This isn’t a simple process.

jrhwdw

Anyone know why they removed the banner & costumes from the end of FoF? Makes no sense to me.
No Banner does make no sense, MK must still have the FOF Banner! No Bingo Girl Outfits I can kind of see since they were cut in front of Mickey.......Sigh!!!

jrhwdw

Sorry if this is the wrong place but TC is hinting that Disney Parks might have Big Announcements for Shareholders next week? From here it sounds like F! Is a ways off, but any Entertainment Announcements next week or just Attractions?

pdude81

Sorry if this is the wrong place but TC is hinting that Disney Parks might have Big Announcements for Shareholders next week? From here it sounds like F! Is a ways off, but any Entertainment Announcements next week or just Attractions?
10% off quick service dining! 20% off portions!

mattpeto

We speculated earlier in the week. It would have be something to move the needle forward in terms of $DIS and I have no clue what that is.

Maybe merch (Magicbands+) or Dining Plan that would increase guests spending?

In terns of entertainment: we think we'll get the Nemo opening date soon. F! isn't coming right away unfortunately. Other that not really sure...

mm52200

"Now, it looks like an announcement on the show’s return could be imminent. Sources aren’t clear on when, exactly, the show will return, but they do indicate that the show is ready for a return soon. An exact timeframe hasn’t been given, but the show will likely be ready to return as soon as April, with a hold until Memorial Day (or later) possible if Disney wants a summer marketing carrot. However, as we await more news on the return of traditional meet and greets in the Easter timeframe, it might make sense for Disney to have a nighttime show ready for the next wave of crowds at the resort."

Rehearsals literally haven’t happened contrary to what that article says. April will not be happening.

jrhwdw

"Now, it looks like an announcement on the show’s return could be imminent. Sources aren’t clear on when, exactly, the show will return, but they do indicate that the show is ready for a return soon. An exact timeframe hasn’t been given, but the show will likely be ready to return as soon as April, with a hold until Memorial Day (or later) possible if Disney wants a summer marketing carrot. However, as we await more news on the return of traditional meet and greets in the Easter timeframe, it might make sense for Disney to have a nighttime show ready for the next wave of crowds at the resort."

So..... Is F! really ready or delayed?? Last I saw here. It wasn't being rushed because of the new Tech.

Don't get me wrong. It would be a Miracle( and Wonderful!!!!)if we get tons of Good News today!!! Hugs, Countdown to F!.....

PTN and/or HEA's Return would be the Icing on the Cake!!!( Sorry!! I had too! And yes, I still love Enchantment!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom