Fantasmic Dinner Package

GoofyMom2

Original Poster
Since we are going to be going at a busy time of year, Spring Break, we were thinking of doing the Fantasmic Dinner package to save some waiting in line.

We were considering Hollywood and Vine Buffet, but I have read mixed reviews. Also, reviews on here are old. So....any thoughts on this place?

It will be 2 adults, plus DS11 and DS8. Thank you!

shari71

We went in October for the same reason and I have to say it was awful. Over cooked food. Could not keep enough out to serve us. Our server was so slow. We also had reservations but their system had problems so we were about 30 minutes later than our ressies. I would not mind so much if the food had been good. The next time I plan on trying Mama Melrose or nothing.

bayoutinkbelle

I've eaten at H&V several times and have always had good food, as far as buffet fare goes. I've also eaten at Mama's and had good food there, too.

If your family is a fan of buffets, you should be OK.

Either way, using the package during busy times is a wise move. Good luck!

JustPlainBill

We did the Fantasmic package in June this year, it was fairly crowded then. We chose H & V and had a good experience. Food was good, even for my youngest who's very finicky. Our server was very attentive, bring us drinks and making sure we had what we needed. We're planning a trip again next summer back to WDW and we will do the same.

KevGuy

If you can afford it do the Brown Derby with the package. I plan on doing it next April when I go, and everyone I have spoken to that has done it has nothing but fabulous to say about the place. Some call it the best meal of their trip.:king:

GoofyMom2

Original Poster
Thank you for all of the replies so far!

We are considering the H&V because it is a buffet....not that we are huge fans of buffets, just then hopefully there is something for everyone. My DS8 is an extremely picky eater....I personnally would rather have the Brown Derby. But, price is also a concern.....flights this year are killing us!

I have never been a fan of many of the places to eat at the Studios, especially the CS places. So I thought the Fantasmic package might be the way to go, especially w/ the crowds. At least Easter is earlier this year than our break.

Any more opinions appreciated!

GoofyMom2

Original Poster
Just for the heck of it.....what do you get at the Brown derby with the package? I know it is a fixed-price menu so would like to know because that menu sounds just too good (and expensive..... )

Since my 11YO is an "adult" price at sit-downs, it can get expensive.......would they let him get the kids stuff? I saw a hot dog kids meal and that is right up his alley......

WildcatDen

If you can afford it do the Brown Derby with the package. I plan on doing it next April when I go, and everyone I have spoken to that has done it has nothing but fabulous to say about the place. Some call it the best meal of their trip.:king:

I'll second that. It was by far the best TS we had for the week. Even the kids (age 12 and 9) said it was their favorite. In addition, we were able to get to the 6:30 Fantasmic and had GREAT seats. A highlight of the week for sure.

danyoung

Just a heads up about your seating for Fantasmic! - your reserved seats are way over to the right hand side of the seating area. While there are technically no bad seats in the theater, these seats are easily the worst. You'd think that for a reserved seat you'd get front and center, but not at this show. You'll still have a great time, but I didn't want you to be surprised.

Oh, and another vote for the Brown Derby - great food, elegant atmosphere, wonderful service!

DisneyGigi

We went in October for the same reason and I have to say it was awful. Over cooked food. Could not keep enough out to serve us. Our server was so slow. We also had reservations but their system had problems so we were about 30 minutes later than our ressies. I would not mind so much if the food had been good. The next time I plan on trying Mama Melrose or nothing.
I would have to agree with you on this. While the service was good, (we had a really nice server) the food was overheated and did not have as many selections as the other buffets we have done. I wouldn't go there again.

Again, I agree
We loved the Brown Derby, it was the best food we had at the parks, great service and I love the atmosphere.

bayoutinkbelle

Just a heads up about your seating for Fantasmic! - your reserved seats are way over to the right hand side of the seating area. While there are technically no bad seats in the theater, these seats are easily the worst. You'd think that for a reserved seat you'd get front and center, but not at this show. You'll still have a great time, but I didn't want you to be surprised.

To each his own, but I'd have to disagree with this statement. I think the seats on the right afford quite a good view. I'll not speak for the views from the left; never sat that far across.

The dinner package gets you in ahead of the regular crowd. You enter through a gate near the park entrance. You still can bypass the reserved seats and go sit front and center if you wish, but our view from the right was just as good. Just hope nobody really tall (or wearing a Goofy hat :D) sits in front of you. That's been my biggest problem.

danyoung

I think the seats on the right afford quite a good view.... The dinner package gets you in ahead of the regular crowd. You enter through a gate near the park entrance. You still can bypass the reserved seats and go sit front and center if you wish, but our view from the right was just as good.

Yeah, I agree that the view is probably fine. I know that I'd be upset, however, coming into the big amphitheater expecting a reserved seat, and finding that my seat was way over to the right or left. I hadn't thought about getting early access to the theater. I think most folks come in later, as they correctly think that reserved seating means that they don't have to get there way early. Your method would be a good way to go, though.

bayoutinkbelle

Yeah, I agree that the view is probably fine. I know that I'd be upset, however, coming into the big amphitheater expecting a reserved seat, and finding that my seat was way over to the right or left. I hadn't thought about getting early access to the theater.

We usually line up early to get in since we've just had dinner and we've usually been on our feet all day. It's time to relax, ya know? The last time, we walked into an almost empty amphitheater and the CM told us to sit wherever we wanted. We sat in the reserved section on the front row. Why? Because DS13 wanted to sit near the water and the water screens. :D

People shouldn't expect a reserved seat, but we all know how that goes. The package guarantees a seat in the reserved section and the convenience of not having to wait in the crowd (such a deal during the peak times of the year). That's definitely different than a reserved seat.

I always use it during the summer and I've done Mama's and H&V. I guess next on the list is Brown Derby.

GoofyMom2

Original Poster
You guys are making me very hungry with all this Brown Derby talk............ We just got our plane tickets.....and about gagged at the price. I am hoping that the BD will be in our budget.

We have seen Fantasmic before so if we don't have the best seats, it's OK. I am more concerned about not standing in a huge mob of a line for an hour and getting a seat. A few Augusts ago we brought my mother on the trip and she about passed out waiting in that line....granted it was August heat...

made an ADR for H&V but I think I might change it......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom