News Fantasmic! and World of Color to return in 2022

gerarar

Premium Member
If you go back in time for this livestream tonight, the centre fountains are all working as expected, so whatever they did this week got those fixed.

Still no side fountains. I have to imagine at this point it’s a supply issue?

Nice to see! Although it still bothers me how the sorcerer hat fountains don't line up as nice as it used to. And it probably is a supply issue, but someone did mention one of the side fountains was drained during the week.

Also just a tip, if you add "?t=xhymzs", where x is hours, y is mins, and z is secs, at the end of the YouTube link, it'll timestamp it.

So the fountains can be seen working at 1:02:30, thus adding ?t=1h2m30s at the end of the URL will timestamp it.

Emmanuel

IMG_9651.JPG

1 week after I saw them drain the center fountain area, I saw today that they're now doing the same on the side where the rafts dock at when they reach the island.

gerarar

Premium Member
Fantasmic! and fireworks projections on RoA were cancelled this past Sunday night due to technical difficulties, presumably. Actually the F! hardware wasn't even out, so it was probably cancelled well in advance.

For the fireworks, they even played the 15m announcement in the RoA area, yet it didn't even happen. Feels bad for all those people that stayed there for the show only for the music to not even play during the show.

gerarar

Premium Member
Finally! The left and right side fountains are for sure back, but they do seem to be in a B-mode state. They don't actually move and are static pointing upwards.

Look at this timestamped clip and you'll notice the left/ride fountain sets don't actually move to the choreography of the middle set when Sorceror Mickey appears and "conducts" said fountains. Even at the very end, it doesn't form the sorcerer hat visual.

I've been saying for a while that they should've done this B-mode operation months ago. This is much better show then whatever was shown for the last 4 months, aka nothing on the sides.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Finally! The left and right side fountains are for sure back, but they do seem to be in a B-mode state. They don't actually move and are static pointing upwards.

Look at this timestamped clip and you'll notice the left/ride fountain sets don't actually move to the choreography of the middle set when Sorceror Mickey appears and "conducts" said fountains. Even at the very end, it doesn't form the sorcerer hat visual.

I've been saying for a while that they should've done this B-mode operation months ago. This is much better show then whatever was shown for the last 4 months, aka nothing on the sides.

Good news! Progress at last.

SuddenStorm

Amazing that we have to celebrate side fountains, that worked mostly fine for 30 years, coming back. They did have some hiccups in 2014 when they first tried to introduce moving fountains, but otherwise they at least shot water consistently.

Disneyland maintenance is a joke these days.

jrhwdw

Side Fountains still looks great!!! Also it looks like DL went from A Mode to B Mode mid show without canceling Believe! First time Ive seen that without a Cancel....... Great Job DL!!!!!!

Emmanuel

Side Fountains still looks great!!! Also it looks like DL went from A Mode to B Mode mid show without canceling Believe! First time Ive seen that without a Cancel....... Great Job DL!!!!!!

They also did that with Disneyland Forever one time when I watched it in front of the castle. Pretty impressive that not only they have B Mode ready to go from the start, but they can also quickly go to B-mode with the show in progress.

jrhwdw

They also did that with Disneyland Forever one time when I watched it in front of the castle. Pretty impressive that not only they have B Mode ready to go from the start, but they can also quickly go to B-mode with the show in progress.

I thought DL couldn't do that before this morning!

gerarar

Premium Member
Both WDW and DL have capabilities to go into "B-mode" which is basically turn off the main fireworks launchers behind the park. It's happened plenty at DL with Forever mid-show. It happened a couple times with HEA too where the main launchers were disabled for a couple mins then returned. There was even a time when castle pyro was turned off mid-show also.

Side Fountains still looks great!!!

Left and right are still in B-mode it seems like. Wonder if they're just gonna leave it at that or if they're still trying to get them to move again..

Disney Analyst

Yeah, they want to B mode last week also mid show. I was impressed they had that extra low level pyro ready to go.

gerarar

Premium Member
Some heads in the side fountains are already broken. 2 of 7 in the right side at least.
Screenshot_20221129_074836.jpg

Also after some digging, I think there's no chance the side fountains move ever again. The fountain heads they replaced with on the left/right side are much different than the heads found in the center set.

Notice how these are raised much higher and in a static position:
Screenshot_20221129-075659_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20221129-075745_YouTube.jpg

But the middle one that do move are much lower and partly submerged, and "bulkier" in a way.
Screenshot_20221129-075345_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20221129_075213.jpg

So it seems like the side ones aren't actually in a B-mode state, they are just like that and will be static non-moving fountains from now on. We'll only have the center set for some dancing fountains for the foreseeable future..

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Some heads in the side fountains are already broken. 2 of 6 in the right side at least.
View attachment 681674

Also after some digging, I think there's no chance the side fountains move ever again. The fountain heads they replaced with on the left/right side are much different than the heads found in the center set.

Notice how these are raised much higher and in a static position:
View attachment 681668
View attachment 681669

But the middle one that do move are much lower and partly submerged, and "bulkier" in a way.
View attachment 681672
View attachment 681673

So it seems like the side ones aren't actually in a B-mode state, they are just like that and will be static non-moving fountains from now on. We'll only have the center set for some dancing fountains for the foreseeable future..
What I don't understand is how did they break over the COVID Break????? Also why is DL not bothering to fix it????

gerarar

Premium Member
What I don't understand is how did they break over the COVID Break????? Also why is DL not bothering to fix it????
They did fix it....by removing it and using static fountains lol

But yeah pretty sad this is how it is now. WoC suffers from some missing/broken fountain heads also.

Disney Analyst

I’ve been noticing World Of Color has been looking a lot better lately, so I am wondering if they opted to… remove those fountains for parts, and install static for now for Fantasmic?

gerarar

Premium Member
I’ve been noticing World Of Color has been looking a lot better lately, so I am wondering if they opted to… remove those fountains for parts, and install static for now for Fantasmic?
WoC has gotten better since it returned. But it's so neutered with all the noticeable broken ones, buts it's been like that for years even before the closure lol.

I've also been theorizing that for months now haha, that and/or also used for parts in the "complete" center set in F!

Since Harmonius is going to be scrapped, send the dozens of fountain heads from that show to the west! Although they do look like a different type of fountain head; looks much smaller or something from some close up pics we got during its construction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom