News Fantasmic! and World of Color to return in 2022

PiratesMansion

But this frequently? I have to think it is staffing issues. I swear every other live I come across has a stuntless show.
For all we know, it happened more frequently in the past than any of us were aware of. I don't feel like there was as big of a culture documenting this stuff on video even five years ago.

Of course, there are a lot of very real pandemic-related issues that aren't helping Fantasmic run flawlessly, but honestly, right now in this thread it really does feel like some people are literally watching YouTubers watch Fantasmic every night so that they can complain about this fountain or that not working. Now every mishap is caught on tape and broadcast to an audience eager to nitpick in a way that didn't used to be as as omnipresent, even in the fairly recent past.

Maybe it's not actually that much worse than it used to be, but we're just more aware of it because of how much everything is overly documented now. It's hard to tell.

jrhwdw

For all we know, it happened more frequently in the past than any of us were aware of. I don't feel like there was as big of a culture documenting this stuff on video even five years ago.

Of course, there are a lot of very real pandemic-related issues that aren't helping Fantasmic run flawlessly, but honestly, right now in this thread it really does feel like some people are literally watching YouTubers watch Fantasmic every night so that they can complain about this fountain or that not working. Now every mishap is caught on tape and broadcast to an audience eager to nitpick in a way that didn't used to be as as omnipresent, even in the fairly recent past.

Maybe it's not actually that much worse than it used to be, but we're just more aware of it because of how much everything is overly documented now. It's hard to tell.
I do think DL's F! is getting more YT Coverage since it returned, which is great to see!! Same thing with DHS!

PiratesMansion

I do think DL's F! is getting more YT Coverage since it returned, which is great to see!! Same thing with DHS!
I guess. It just feels like some people are reporting on it nightly from YT and practically anticipating problems so they have something to complain about. Which, I suppose, people can do whatever they want, but it doesn't make any sense to me and doesn't seem to be sparking joy for those following these videos either.

AJFireman

Something I have noticed for Seasons of Light specifically, I can see in video they have installed the "Candy cane" snow machines in the viewing area, that create those Snoap shapes, but I haven't seen any video showing them actually being used / working.
Yeah I figured those heart soap bubbles have been cut. It was always cool to see. Hopefully they do return whatever the issue may be.

I watched the Second Show last night and the Hearts were flying. Also was nice that they allowed open seating no Virtual Queue needed about 15 minutes to show time and it was still only about 50 percent full.

gerarar

Premium Member
Looks like F! is Canceled Tonight till Feb 2nd?? Anyone have info???
People are speculating on Twitter its because the dead end in Adventureland and the flow of traffic through the area.

Hopefully they take advantage of this time and fix those fountains (and other effects)!

jrhwdw

People are speculating on Twitter its because the dead end in Adventureland and the flow of traffic through the area.

Hopefully they take advantage of this time and fix those fountains (and other effects)!
Dead end in Adventureland? Something new?

Steve2753

Does anyone know what happened to the bloom fountains and the moving flame effects? Those effects and several others have been missing ever since the 2018 incident and weren't brought back when it was refurbished in 2021. Even a lot of the flame effects are still missing compared to how it was pre-closure

Last edited:

Rob562

Relative Disneyland newbie (only my third time ever), will be in the parks March 1-4.

Should I be concerned that World of Color is not on the schedule past Feb 25th?

And I presume that there's no chance they'll add Fantasmic or fireworks to the schedule on Wednesday or Thursday? (We're flying home on a Saturday night red-eye flight, so I guess we'll have to be satisfied with Friday Fantasmic dining package and the view of the fireworks from there immediately after)

-Rob

Disney Analyst

Relative Disneyland newbie (only my third time ever), will be in the parks March 1-4.

Should I be concerned that World of Color is not on the schedule past Feb 25th?

And I presume that there's no chance they'll add Fantasmic or fireworks to the schedule on Wednesday or Thursday? (We're flying home on a Saturday night red-eye flight, so I guess we'll have to be satisfied with Friday Fantasmic dining package and the view of the fireworks from there immediately after)

-Rob

Fantasmic will only be Friday-Sunday, unless they have switched to a Spring Break schedule, but I think that’s later in March?

You could try and do the second showing of Fantasmic post fireworks, but can be a rush getting over.

World of Color One should be nightly.

gerarar

Premium Member
Fantasmic! returned last night after a 3-week hiatus just for this Feb 3-4. After which, it will go on another hiatus until Feb 17. It resumes it's Fri-Sat-Sun schedule next week.

Nothing in the show really changed. None of the side fountains were fixed either given the extended downtime.

It does seem like some of the static fountains are missing their LED "heads".
Screenshot_20230204_070320_YouTube.jpg

Edit to reflect updated showtime.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Fantasmic! returned last night after a 3-week hiatus just for this Feb 3-4. After which, it will go on another hiatus until Feb 17.

Nothing in the show really changed. None of the side fountains were fixed either given the extended downtime.

It does seem like some of the static fountains are missing their LED "heads".
View attachment 696451

Sadly I figured, as Wondrous had no side fountains either last week. A shame.

TrainsOfDisney

Saw fantasmic last night - was in VERY sad shape.

- only center fountains
- only center and haunted mansion facing water screen (I’m 90% on this, but since I was center it could have been working and I couldn’t see?)
- no stunts on pirate ship
- dragon didn’t move or spit fire
- no flying carpet
- audio level was way off… the water screens were louder than the audio.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom