News Fantasmic! and World of Color to return in 2022

waltography

If I can be perfectly honest, I had forgotten how just God-awful Disneyland gets at night with the multiple night shows. It is absolutely absolutely inaccessible.
Absolutely awful. Always slow-moving because people can't figure out how to walk for god knows why, and I hate hate hate the feeling of being so close to people while moving like sardines; I feel for the crowd flow CMs that have to do this night after night.

Dear Prudence

Absolutely awful. Always slow-moving because people can't figure out how to walk for god knows why, and I hate hate hate the feeling of being so close to people while moving like sardines; I feel for the crowd flow CMs that have to do this night after night.
I am not someone who gets super overwhelmed at the parks, even though I get sensory overload, but HOLY CRAP, the night time at Disneyland with the parades, multiple shows, and fireworks and then not being able to move around does me in.

PiratesMansion

I am not someone who gets super overwhelmed at the parks, even though I get sensory overload, but HOLY CRAP, the night time at Disneyland with the parades, multiple shows, and fireworks and then not being able to move around does me in.
Absolutely. During the 60th my mother was extremely overwhelmed by the crowds and was about to run out of steam altogether. It was only quick thinking on my part and moving us into an emergency Tiki Room showing that allowed us to keep to our original plans of seeing everything that night.

It would be weird to see MSEP in DCA, but Paint the Night was SO MUCH EASIER over there without also having to juggle the fireworks and Fantasmic at the same time in the same park. As much as it's logistically difficult to do a night parade and WOC at the same time, I really think it would be better for the resort as a whole. 3 nighttime spectaculars in one park makes it hard to get around or do anything. I'm shocked they went back to it this summer after I had thought overwhelming consensus was that what happened operationally during the 60th was something they didn't want to repeat.

tcool123

The Mark Twain boat was out last night, so the alternate finale happened. This marks the first time we got to see said alternate sequence since the show returned.

Nothing changed from before as far as I can tell, choreography wise. Mary Poppins did have a hiccup tho lol.

However, there were noticeable less characters. A lot of the costumed ones, who are front and center were missing, like Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, etc.

Last Night/2020:
View attachment 659009
View attachment 659008

Also, 2+ months later and the side fountains still haven't been fixed..

Was there that night! Minnie, Pluto, and Goofy were off to the right for some reason? They really should have been in the center though given their notoriety.

gerarar

Premium Member
The center moving fountain in the middle set has finally been fixed. It's been broken since around late-June.
I guess with the show only being done 3 times a week now and with all the downtime, they can finally work on fixing the many broken effects. Now fix those broken side fountains!!

From last night:
Screenshot_20220917_065153.jpg

What it looked like before when it was broken:
Screenshot_20220824-172115_YouTube.jpg

Tagging @Disney Analyst since I know you've been waiting for this one to be fixed lol

Movielover

The center moving fountain in the middle set has finally been fixed. It's been broken since around late-June.
I guess with the show only being done 3 times a week now and with all the downtime, they can finally work on fixing the many broken effects. Now fix those broken side fountains!!

From last night:
View attachment 667358

View attachment 667359

Tagging @Disney Analyst since I know you've been waiting for this one to be fixed lol

When I was there last Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday the right side fountain area was dammed off and drained so I assume they were addressing at least that side.

mickEblu

Glad I prioritized Disneyland Forever and MSEP back in April. Waiting for them to fix all these issues before I watch Fantasmic or spend the money on a dining package.

Disney Analyst

From last night:
View attachment 667358

View attachment 667359

Nice! I thought I noticed that in a recent video, but wasn’t sure. Good news!

gerarar

Premium Member
Nice! I thought I noticed that in a recent video, but wasn’t sure. Good news!
The latest livestream I could find before last night's was from last Saturday, Sept 10 (no one streamed Sunday's show). It still had the broken fountain. So presumption is they spent this past week fixing it while the show was offline.

gerarar

Premium Member
One step forward, two steps back.

Another fountain is broken in the middle set. Just last week the middle moving fountain was finally fixed in the set, but now the leftmost one is broken...

Last night/last week:
Screenshot_20220924_103137.jpg

Screenshot_20220917_065153.jpg

When the sorcerer hat scene happens, it's really evident it's missing/broken..
Screenshot_20220924_103225.jpg

sigh..

GiveMeTheMusic

There are a lot of problems going on. The company bled institutional knowledge when it did the covid layoffs, which hit CMs who'd been around a long time the hardest. The small world holiday incident last year was the perfect example of what that wrought.

Second to that issue is the lack of maintenance workers. They're stretched so thin and because the park won't budge on pay/benefits, they're not attracting new people. Things won't get better overall (ride effects, show effects, etc) until they get their act together and staff the department the way it should be.

Phroobar

There are a lot of problems going on. The company bled institutional knowledge when it did the covid layoffs, which hit CMs who'd been around a long time the hardest. The small world holiday incident last year was the perfect example of what that wrought.

Second to that issue is the lack of maintenance workers. They're stretched so thin and because the park won't budge on pay/benefits, they're not attracting new people. Things won't get better overall (ride effects, show effects, etc) until they get their act together and staff the department the way it should be.
That is sad that management works that way. It is almost as bad as Six Flags running one or two cars on their coasters to save maintenance costs and letting their building infrastructure rot. They still have unused rotting buildings dating back to the Carter administration.

truecoat

Way, way back while working in a record store, the district manager told me to fill some empty bins. He said people will come in and think you're going out of business or worse, that you don't care.

Disney is taking this approach to the nth degree.

Disney Analyst

If you go back in time for this livestream tonight, the centre fountains are all working as expected, so whatever they did this week got those fixed.

Still no side fountains. I have to imagine at this point it’s a supply issue?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom