famous people....

Wilson

Any wrasslin' fans?

My cousin and I met Ricky Morton of the "Rock & Roll Express" one night at Pleasure Island. He had two hot women on each arm. Friendly, but not real interested in conversing with a couple of drunk fools.

Good lord, that man's mullet was a sight to behold.

bearboysnc

Some of you people who have over 500 posts tend to forget that new people haven't completely grasped the concept of searching for an existing thread. Or that you would consider a duplicated thread as "clutter". There are SO MANY facets to this great site.

I know it's not my site, and I don't have to maintain it... but I thought anything that pertains to WDW was considered postable. Repeated or not.

People are encouraged to post, then they get shot down for "duplicating" Ideas.

If you wanna dump on someone, go rag on the multiple IMAGINATION/FIGMENT posts.

GOOD LORD I'm tired of hearing about that ride.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by bearboysnc
Some of you people who have over 500 posts tend to forget that new people haven't completely grasped the concept of searching for an existing thread. Or that you would consider a duplicated thread as "clutter". There are SO MANY facets to this great site.

I know it's not my site, and I don't have to maintain it... but I thought anything that pertains to WDW was considered postable. Repeated or not.

You're right...you don't have to maintain it....

We try to help steve out as much as we can by pointing multiple threads to the same threads that have been maintained. We try and help new people out by pointing out the search function. Then you come along and attack us for trying to help.

See where this is going? You have the wrong idea.

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by bearboysnc

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't usually comment if someone starts a thread about a topic that's been covered before, EXCEPT when the topic is in an active thread! I didn't say anything about THIS thread, even though the last post on the PREVIOUS thread was only 6 days old. However, I did say something when Blue fairy started a new thread on 3 topics (including this one) that had posts that were only 24 hours old! That really wouldn't have taken too much of a search....now we have 3 active threads on the same topic!! I consider that clutter. I'm sorry if this comes across as "know-it-allitis." I consider it to be common courtesy to the original thread starter to not take over his/her topic!

starsky

Does it really matter if a topic has been posted before? People will still want to share their experiences and it doesn't matter if it's tacked on to a new or old thread!

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by starsky
Does it really matter if a topic has been posted before? People will still want to share their experiences and it doesn't matter if it's tacked on to a new or old thread!

Please reread my post! Obviously, this doesn't matter to you; that's fine. I explained WHY it mattered to me. I wonder if you would feel the same way if it were YOUR thread that was being ignored, and everyone started posting somewhere else in response to YOUR original question? ;) As I said, everyone has a pet peeve....what irritates another poster may not bother me at all. Maybe I'm just being cranky today! ;)

Neily, do you have any Earl Grey? ;)

twilightgirl

Original Poster
to everyone who has posted.
I am the jerk that started this thread. I am new at this and had no idea there was a search or that I should have checked it first..
NOW i KNOW AND WILL. I only wrote asking cause I was curious.. I only joined this forum cause I love Disney ..
please no more arguing. to anyones toes I stepped on I am sorry.. I meant no harm and will research threads in the future.

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by twilightgirl
to everyone who has posted.
I am the jerk that started this thread. I am new at this and had no idea there was a search or that I should have checked it first..
NOW i KNOW AND WILL. I only wrote asking cause I was curious.. I only joined this forum cause I love Disney ..
please no more arguing. to anyones toes I stepped on I am sorry.. I meant no harm and will research threads in the future.

twilightgirl...my remarks were not directed at you!! As I stated, I wouldn't have said a word about YOUR repeat thread!! My remarks were directed at the person who started a new thread while yours was still on the current (less than 48 hours) board! (and also started 2 other duplicates!) I'm sorry if I gave you that impression!! Please forgive me! (and don't pay attention to that other guy...he gets a little carried away sometimes! ;)) Fievel, I luv ya, but you do get a little intense sometimes (says The Mom as she runs for cover!)

Figaro

Twilightgirl, don't feel bad! It took me a long time to learn all the ins and outs about this board. :) I still don't know what some of these "buttons" are for...lol :D

Like The Mom said, everyone has their own pet peeves around here, just like real life. The more you hang around, the more you'll learn and the more you'll have fun!

If you have any questions, most people here are really helpful. :)
If I can help you with anything, feel free to PM me.

NowInc

...I would understand the "argument" if we have been MEAN about it...we have been kindly reminding everyone for over a month now to try using the search button...sorry if you see it differently...but this is just one of the many "burdons" of a growing forum.

TURKEY

Same here. I just posted this to point out other threads about the same subject. I said to search to help educate the new people posting. If someone doesn't how are they going to learn??

On other repeat threads, some members were posting exact duplicates in each thread going. This is another reason I pointed these threads out. Adding one post to an already existing one (long) can sometimes help new ones on the same subject from becoming just as long with repeat posts that are in earlier threads.

jcrb

My sister saw Steven Tyler at Dinosaur- she can prove it because a cast member we know saw them in back at MGM the next day.

I saw people from Spin City and Sabrina taping Christmas Parade-

Are cast member friend has seen Michael Jackson.

Note- If you are a cast member and say working on a ride and spot them/say name out loud - you can be automatically fired.
If you can dream it - you can do it

Steamboat_Kevin

Hey Alberrisford! I just noticed your signature and I love it. Check out the last quote on my signature too! AIRPLANE RULES!
Anyway, I haven't seen anyone famous at WDW, but my cousin pointed out that when I was walking along (I went with my cousins and aunt and uncle) that a baseball announcer had just walked past, no biggie. But when I wasn't at WDW with my cousins and aunt and uncle, they saw Doug Flutie :D

Al

Originally posted by Steamboat_Kevin
Hey Alberrisford! I just noticed your signature and I love it. Check out the last quote on my signature too! AIRPLANE RULES!
Anyway, I haven't seen anyone famous at WDW, but my cousin pointed out that when I was walking along (I went with my cousins and aunt and uncle) that a baseball announcer had just walked past, no biggie. But when I wasn't at WDW with my cousins and aunt and uncle, they saw Doug Flutie :D

wooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! I love airplane!!!! yaaaaay! AIRPLANE RULES!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

I love it where they are dancing and she lets go, and she grins - then realises what shes done, and her face drops! That cracks me up every time! :D Airplane is 100% hilarious! :D

Nut4Disney

My next door neighbor is Julie Haggerty's aunt, I met her one time when her aunt threw a party. She's as dizzy in real life as she was in airplane & what about Bob. Even her aunt tells her that.

tommy112973

while on a family vacation in April, the 7th to be exact, we saw Christie Brinkley at The Hollywood and Vine CL, she even let my wife have a picture with her! Pretty Cool i thought!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom