Trip Report Family Fun in the Hot, Hot Florida Sun!!

Hello All!! I'm back(unfortunately) from yet another wonderful trip to Walt Disney World. Lot's of fun & sweat(not trying to be gross but wow, was it ever nasty) was had by all!! Speaking of all--let me introduce you to our party of 10!! Most of these faces will be familiar to you but there are a few new ones in the mix!! I'll try to do this as simply as possible--
455035665.jpeg

From left to right(somewhat): My sister C, my niece E(C & D's daughter), R(not sure why he's looking so miserable) & myself, in front of me(white shirt) is my niece B, in the green is E's niece L, my niece A(C & D's youngest) is wearing the blue glasses(when she remembers to put them on--her last trip to Disney prior to this one she actually left them at homeo_O), then we have "the same old crew" E & J, and last but certainly not least is my BIL D.
Whew--I'm glad you've met most of these people in the past--otherwise this could get very confusing!!:p

C's family was there June 13th-27th. They stayed the first week at their timeshare right outside of Disney. They spent their second week at our favorite home away from home. The rest of us were there June 18th-25th.

I'm looking forward to reliving the trip with you all--everything but the heat that is!! A big welcome to everyone reading out there!!:)

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 18TH

And the rain came down harder & harder.....
IMG_1269.JPEG

Remember what I said about assuming??

We made stops at Old Key West....
IMG_1270.JPEG

....and Saratoga Springs.
IMG_1271.JPEG

French Quarter was next then we were finally home!!
IMG_1272.JPEG

As you can see by these pictures the rain was relentless.
IMG_1273.JPEG

Our original plan was to see where our rooms were then to head to MK for lunch.
After looking at the radar we decided to wait out the storm at POR and eat lunch at The Riverside Mill.
IMG_1275.PNG

Regardless of the rain it was great to be back!!:inlove:
IMG_1276.JPEG

We stopped in Fulton's first to look around.
IMG_1277.JPEG

Then we went to get something to eat.
IMG_1278.JPEG

It was pretty quiet outside given the weather conditions.
IMG_1279.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 18TH

We had a late afternoon ADR that day so we didn't want to get too much to eat so we split a few flatbreads. R & I shared the Heineken. No Heineken for the kids though--we may expose them to Motley Crue but we draw the line at giving minors alcohol😛
IMG_1281.JPEG

Someone in our group(either E or R-can't remember who)wanted to eat in The River Roost so we took our food there.
IMG_1282.JPEG

The rain slowed down so we went in search of our rooms.
My first look at the Sassagoula!!😍
IMG_1283.JPEG

Our home for the next week!!
IMG_1284.JPEG

Our room was on the second floor at the end of the building. I was excited b/c we paid for a standard view & got a river/pool view! If you looked out the front you could see the Sassagoula. If you looked out the other window you could see the pool. It was a perfect location!!
IMG_1285.JPEG

IMG_1286.JPEG

A few more room pics....
IMG_1287.JPEG

IMG_1288.JPEG

IMG_1291.JPEG

Always have to kick off the trip with the must-dos!!
IMG_1292.JPEG

Captain Barbossa

It looks like J was doing his take on the Heisman pose.
12A93093-5D0B-4FD3-8AA1-DE817ACB10F1.jpeg
8D99B3D9-E95E-4E17-93CB-9A81D805F848.jpeg

I know I've mentioned in my past TR's that my family has some serious hatred for the bayou section
The 2 times we stayed at POR, we stayed in Alligator Bayou. I mean I liked it but I really want to go back and stay in Magnolia Bend. The buildings remind me of Disneyland’s HM.

Great start to your TR!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
It looks like J was doing his take on the Heisman pose.
View attachment 386090View attachment 386089

The 2 times we stayed at POR, we stayed in Alligator Bayou. I mean I liked it but I really want to go back and stay in Magnolia Bend. The buildings remind me of Disneyland’s HM.

Great start to your TR!
That's too funny!! I'll have to tell E that. I have a funny somewhat football story that will come into play in the TR that you will probably enjoy. Unfortunately, it doesn't happen until the last day though.

I would like to stay in Alligator Bayou for something different but that section really confuses me. Maybe it's b/c I'm so familiar with Magnolia Bend & I really haven't had to venture through those buildings too often. I think the thing that might turn me off a bit would be the rooms. I'm not a rustic/woodsy type person in the least & those rooms seem to have a "cabin-like" feel to them. I've never been to Disneyland but my sisters C & E have. I'll have to ask them if they remind them of the HM out there.

Thanks so much & thanks for reading!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Our roads aren't that much better for what we pay. I think our State Motto should really be "Pardon our Dust. We're under construction for the next 999 years" with all the road closures and highway construction.
That should be ours too. There's certain highways around here that they've been doing improvements on since I was in high school--and I'm 44 now. I guess it's job security....:rolleyes:

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 18TH

E, J & L waited for a bus at the West Depot while we waited at the North. We needed to get to MK asap!! We had some business to attend to & our first FP was starting at 3:15.
IMG_1293.JPEG

IMG_1295.JPEG

When we got on I was not in the least bit surprised to find J in the seat that he always likes to sit at. R decided to keep him company.
IMG_1298.JPEG

I love it when there's no lines!!
IMG_1300.JPEG

We had to stop at Guest Relations. E, J & I needed new AP cards. We also planned to upgrade R's ticket to an AP. R goes once a year & it's always in late June. Next year he has a class he's taking at the end of June so we are going to go a week or so earlier. He was also thinking about coming down in November for a weekend. I did the math ahead of time & determined it would be worth it for him to get an AP. That was before she quoted us a price of $800 & some dollars. I told her that I calculated nowhere near that amount. That is when she told us that there was a price increase THAT VERY DAY!!:banghead::banghead::banghead: Why, oh why didn't I call & get it taken care of before we went?? Needless to say R didn't get an AP & he said that November is definitely out for him now.
IMG_1301.JPEG

I did get my new card though.
IMG_1302.JPEG

I always like it when there's no one in the background.
IMG_1303.JPEG

Which wasn't the case here--I feel like they were so photobombing--esp. the guy in the blue shirt!!
454911541.jpeg

454911594.jpeg

My niece M's birthday was the following Monday. I brought a card with me so I could mail it from MK. I wanted to get the Main Street stamp on it. There were people blocking the mailbox so I figured I would just mail it inside the park. FOF was going on when we walked in so I couldn't get to those mailboxes either. I waited until later that evening to mail it--big mistake. Another monsoon had surfaced & it got totally soaking wet in my bag. The right side of the envelope was actually split. I never thought it would make it to my niece. It did but it looked like it went through the war & it didn't get there until Monday. I was surprised it took that long but it made it in time for her actual birthday so that's all that really mattered.
IMG_1304.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Glad you got a great room location!

I love POR but can’t justify the price for my solo trips. Luckily I can visit vicariously through you. 😉
Thanks!! I was so excited with it!!
I totally understand what you mean about the price. It's gone up quite a bit over the years, unfortunately. Many more POR pics to come!!
Are you sharing a room this time? 😲
Haha!! Yes, with R & B. Funny thing is for whatever reason I don't snore anymore!! R was snoring so bad the one night that B kept tossing & turning in bed b/c she was so frustrated with him keeping her up!! She said I did not snore all week!!
The architecture is very similar since the attraction is located in New Orleans Square. They both have the whole Louisiana plantation look going on.
I agree 100%!!
Be grateful you're in the US....gas over here is over $6 or $7 per gallon.
o_Oo_Oo_Othat's downright scary!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 18TH

FOF was coming down Main Street as we walked in. The crowds of people watching the parade is what prohibited me from putting the card in the mail then.
IMG_1305.JPEG

Yes, that is the FP line & it extended behind us!! It did move quite quickly though.
IMG_1306.JPEG

IMG_1307.JPEG

The gang's all here!!
IMG_1309.JPEG

IMG_1310.JPEG

IMG_1311.JPEG

Not sure if E was trying to look scared or not....
454943840.jpeg

We were not trying to in the least bit but man, do we look mean!!
454944018.jpeg

Unfortunately, those are the only 2 ride photos that showed up & sadly that was the only time we rode it this trip.

Songbird76

TUESDAY, JUNE 18TH

FOF was coming down Main Street as we walked in. The crowds of people watching the parade is what prohibited me from putting the card in the mail then.
View attachment 386119

Yes, that is the FP line & it extended behind us!! It did move quite quickly though.
View attachment 386120

View attachment 386121

The gang's all here!!
View attachment 386122

View attachment 386123

View attachment 386124

View attachment 386125

View attachment 386126

Unfortunately, those are the only 2 ride photos that showed up & sadly that was the only time we rode it this trip.
You have got the Evil Queen glare of condescension down!

Rista1313

TUESDAY, JUNE 18TH

View attachment 386119

View attachment 386120

View attachment 386121

The gang's all here!!
View attachment 386122

View attachment 386123

View attachment 386124

View attachment 386125

View attachment 386126

So I learned today why sometimes they don't show up. There are 2 RIFD chips in the bands. One is for close range, like purchasing, getting into the park, scanning FP+ (this one continues working) the other is for farther away like ride photos and location at BOG, and has to have a battery. If the band is over 2 years old, the battery could be dead, and that's why the ride photos aren't showing up.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom