Trip Report Family Fun in the Hot, Hot Florida Sun!!

Hello All!! I'm back(unfortunately) from yet another wonderful trip to Walt Disney World. Lot's of fun & sweat(not trying to be gross but wow, was it ever nasty) was had by all!! Speaking of all--let me introduce you to our party of 10!! Most of these faces will be familiar to you but there are a few new ones in the mix!! I'll try to do this as simply as possible--
455035665.jpeg

From left to right(somewhat): My sister C, my niece E(C & D's daughter), R(not sure why he's looking so miserable) & myself, in front of me(white shirt) is my niece B, in the green is E's niece L, my niece A(C & D's youngest) is wearing the blue glasses(when she remembers to put them on--her last trip to Disney prior to this one she actually left them at homeo_O), then we have "the same old crew" E & J, and last but certainly not least is my BIL D.
Whew--I'm glad you've met most of these people in the past--otherwise this could get very confusing!!:p

C's family was there June 13th-27th. They stayed the first week at their timeshare right outside of Disney. They spent their second week at our favorite home away from home. The rest of us were there June 18th-25th.

I'm looking forward to reliving the trip with you all--everything but the heat that is!! A big welcome to everyone reading out there!!:)

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yay!!!
But still confused. I will catch up/on, hopefully.
You guys look happy! I ❤ that!
Thanks!!
I totally get it--we're a confusing bunch for sure!!:joyfull:
We were--b/c it was day one & we had just got to MK 2 hours before that picture was taken!!:hilarious: JK--everyone was pretty happy the whole trip!!
I’m in!
Yay!! Thanks for reading!!
So excited for your big group trip report!
Thank you!! Glad to have you here!!
Yay for another @riverside trip report! You know I am in. You girls look so much alike.. and J too with those eyes.
Thanks!! Everyone says that--we tend to confuse people quite a bit. People always comment on our eyes--"you all have the same eyes." I don't see it but I guess it's hard to when it's yourself!!
I'm in too. We left POFQ on the 18th - but had a long day (flight cancelled, put on the last flight out, but hey - we got a bonus day at MK).
Great!! We were at MK on the 18th also!! I've always secretly hoped for a flight cancellation so I could hang around for another day--but then I think "you better be careful what you wish for." It could end up being a nightmare for me with work or who knows what else. I hope you enjoyed it though!!
I’m in!
Welcome!! Glad to have you here!!
Yay! I'm here and can't wait to hear all about it!
Thanks!! Glad you're here!!
I am down by the @riverside!
Yay!! I like that one--you are too witty!!;)
Joining the fun!
Welcome!! Lot's of fun to join in on!!
I’m in! We just left today after a week at yacht club and a week at the poly. It has been hot for sure! Also was quite rainy our first 3-4 days.
2 weeks--I would be in heaven!! I hope you had a great time!! Towards the end the heat was getting to be a bit much for us. I would have welcomed rain at that point!!
Yay! I’m here for the fun!
I'm glad you're here!!:happy:
Looking forward to reading about your family adventures!
Thanks!! As usual I'm excited to be doing another TR!! Glad you're here!!
I’m in!
Yay!! Thanks for reading!!
Glad to have you here!! I love your enthusiasm!!
Yay 😃. I’ve been looking each day for your TR because I only remembered vaguely you mentioned a June trip 😉
Awww--thanks!!:inlove:
I'm joining in 😊🌞
Yay!! Thanks--I'm glad you're here!!
Joining in, riverside:)
Welcome, welcome!!:)
Following along! I agree it was HOT HOT HOT, and it was cooler than the average temps. The one day it didn’t rain we missed the cool-down that came with it!
Glad you're here!! WAY TOO HOT!! I know it's June in Florida but this was probably the warmest it's ever been out of any of the times I've gone in June. Yes--the cool-downs after the rain were quite welcomed!!
Running late, and still confused by the people, but it'll be alright!
Not late at all--I had a busy weekend & couldn't get this started like I thought I was going to be able to. Hopefully you remember a few of them from past TR's so it might help to make it a little easier🤞
Woohoo! Count me in!
Welcome!! Glad to have you along for the ride!!
I'm in! We were there from the 14th-26th.
Yay!! I hope you had a great time!! It will be interesting to see if we overlapped anywhere.
Woohoo!! Always love reading your reports! Can't wait to follow along!
Thank you so much!! Glad to have you along!!
Count me in!
Sounds great!! Thanks!!
Why thank you!! Glad you're here!!
Joining in on the fun! Hopefully I remember who is who haha
Welcome!! Don't worry--I have a hard time remembering myself sometimes!!
Count me in I'm following!!
Welcome & thank you!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yay, another trip report :) So jealous though - I still have 299 more days until my next trip LOL.
Thanks!! It seems like a long time but with how time flies it will be here before you know it!!
Following! You arrived the day we left. I kept telling Tim that I think we picked a good week heat-wise. Your week looked like it was going to be brutal. :arghh:
C & her family got there the Thursday before us & said the heat was nowhere near as bad then as it was the week we were there. Brutal is an understatement!!
Yay! I will be looking for myself in the background of your pictures! LOL
I did keep an eye out for you!! I hope you had a great time!!
So great to see another trip report by you! I hope you and your family had a fantastic time, can't wait to see more!
Aww--thank you!! We did have a great time!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 18TH

We had a 10:05 flight. What to do with myself until then? I know, I'd love to go to work!! :hilarious: Actually, I went in to tease my boss. In the month or so leading up to this trip my boss kept giving me a hard time(jokingly) b/c I was going to be off for 8 days. I make the schedules at my work & when people take their vacation & add on extra days to it I get irritated. So, my boss kept giving it to me saying "Vacations are 7 days, not 8." I let him talk, & talk, & talk for weeks. He was quite surprised to see me about 5:45 that morning. I told him I had to come in so he couldn't keep talking about how I took off for 8 days!! I did a few things at work & as I was leaving he told me he'd call me if anything came up that he couldn't handle. I knew that meant I'd be talking to him daily!!

The night before my niece, E was texting me about riding Dinosaur. I always tease her about that ride b/c she's really afraid of it.
IMG_1215.JPEG

She also sent me a picture of herself to inform me of how much rain they were experiencing.

IMG_1217.JPEG

I got home & we(R, B & myself) headed to E's house. The plan was to leave E's at 7:30.

J & Duffy are ready to go!!
IMG_1218.JPEG

As was L & B!!
IMG_1220.JPEG

So was E. Not so sure about R.....
IMG_1221.JPEG

J was ready to take pictures(of anything & everything) with the iPod that I bought him for his birthday!!
IMG_1222.JPEG

It's a good thing we left when we did. The rain started coming down in droves & for the longest time the traffic was in super slow motion on the parkway. It ended up taking us an hour to get to the airport when it normally takes about 30 minutes.
IMG_1223.JPEG

It may be a little hard to make out the screen but E had Hair Nation on & J was quite excited b/c Motley Crue came on. J really likes quite a few of their songs. I know, I know a 4 year old listening to & knowing the words to Motley Crue songs:jawdrop: sounds like super poor parenting but we are 80's children so he picked up on it from us. Please don't judge😰. Also, to put your mind at ease after watching "The Dirt", E deemed that it would not be appropriate for J to see it!!:hilarious:
IMG_1224.JPEG

We're going to Disney World!!
IMG_1227.JPG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 18TH

R, E & I have TSA Pre-check. B was on mine & R's reservation & she had it too. J was on E's reservation so he was good to go. L was on her own reservation & didn't have it. E waited in the regular line with her while the rest of us went through the Pre-check line. I took the stroller & her bag so it would be easier for her. When they saw that she had Pre-check but was going through the regular line they didn't make her take her shoes off etc. so that was nice for her.
IMG_1228.JPEG

Waiting on E & L.
IMG_1229.JPEG

Oh wow!! The store that J always got a car at(that was closed & emptied out on our last trip in February) had reopened. It has a new name but pretty much sells the same things.
IMG_1230.JPEG

Of course, J had to get a car then!
IMG_1231.JPEG

He chose a Camaro. That's his favorite type of car!!
IMG_1232.JPEG

We, of course, had to make a stop at Starbucks. This was round 2 for me that day. I had already went to Starbucks on my way to work that morning.
IMG_1233.JPEG

We stopped at McDonald's. I had a yogurt parfait that was nothing short of awful. It had a very strange taste to it. After a few bites I threw it out.

J was trying to organize us so that he could take a picture.
IMG_1234.JPEG

He was so intent & focused on it that I had to take a picture of him taking pictures b/c it was too cute!!
IMG_1235.JPEG

They utilized family boarding.
IMG_1236.JPEG

He was teasing us b/c we were still in line while they were boarding!
IMG_1237.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 18TH

We managed to be able to sit together. J was so wrapped up in his iPod that I thought he was going to break tradition & not read the safety instructions.
IMG_1239.JPEG

Then I looked over & noticed this!!
IMG_1240.JPEG

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: He totally cracks me up every time he does this!!
IMG_1244.JPEG

I was excited that one of my favorite shows was on!! B & I shared the ear buds so we could both watch/listen.
IMG_1246.PNG

We've arrived!! B & L look excited!! Not quite sure about R......
IMG_1248.JPEG

and J!!(Their facial expressions look very similar.)
IMG_1249.JPEG

Now there's some enthusiasm!!
IMG_1250.JPEG

There was a hold up b/c of the family in front of us. I'm not sure what the issue was though.
IMG_1251.JPEG

I was quite surprised when we were sent to row 5. POR has been row 9 for as long as I can remember.
IMG_1252.JPEG

I was excited to see just Riverside & FQ on the sign. I assumed then that we wouldn't be stopping at Old Key West & Saratoga Springs like the ME normally does. You know what they say about why you shouldn't assume things, right??
IMG_1254.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 18TH

We were sent out pretty much right away to the ME.
IMG_1256.JPEG

J was ready to take more pictures!!
IMG_1257.JPEG

IMG_1258.JPEG

R decided he didn't want a plain band this time around. He wanted a Star Wars one. B wanted Vanellope. The day after I ordered them was when they started offering certain bands for $10. One of them was the Darth Vader band that R got. I was irritated when I found out I could have paid $10 but had just got it for $20. After I heard of how hard it was to get them though I was glad I didn't go through the aggravation to save $10.
IMG_1260.JPEG

The stop signs I always see hanging from the pillars??
IMG_1261.JPEG

Now I get their purpose. This was the first time I saw them being used.

Along the way I got our room ready text.
IMG_1264.PNG

That makes me 16/16 for the Magnolia Bend section!! R was kind of disappointed b/c he wanted the bayou section for a little change of pace. B was happy--she doesn't like the bayou section. E & her group ended up there & she wasn't thrilled. Once she saw where her room was she was glad though that she was a stone's throw away from the West Depot. I know I've mentioned in my past TR's that my family has some serious hatred for the bayou section.

I'm always amazed at the price of gas in Florida. At the time it was $2.35 there it was $2.89 here. Darn Pennsylvania with one of the highest gas taxes in the country!!
IMG_1265.JPEG

It looks like we brought Pittsburgh's weather with us.
IMG_1266.JPEG

And just like that we picked up where we left off that morning. Super heavy rain was coming down.
IMG_1267.JPEG

IMG_1268.JPEG

But, at least we were in Disney!! :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom