Falling Gas prices making drive cheaper

cemeb4dk

We will be leaving in 10 days for the World. We will be driving from Chicago to WDW. We have flown everytime but last Jan. when we planned this trip airfare was outrageous. I think it was a combo of gas prices and it being over Thanksgiving. So we made the decision that we would drive. So using AAA fuel cost estimator it was going to approximately cost of 450-500 for gas round trip, when it was almost $5 a gallon.

Thanks to falling prices the estimator today shows an estimated cost of $250 round trip. So thats a $200 plus savings and more to spend at the world.

I just figured I would post this as many others a posting about airline savings.

pixiesteno

I am amazed at the gas prices listed on this thread, we're still at $2.70 + here in Western NY. The worst part about this is the prices are a good 50 cents a gallon cheaper in other places in NY!!!:shrug: I keep telling my DH that we're getting ripped off, first snow then this with the gas:ROFLOL:
Anyway, we were going to drive down but when gas topped $4.00 + a gallon here in April I found plane tickets for $74.00 each way per person, non-refundable, so we'll be arriving via a jet in one month.

Upvote 0

smk

Just completed our round trip from Indy, about 1944 miles and 220.00 in gas costs. This was last month when the cheapest we found was 2.54 and the highest was 2.79. We budgeted much more than that and used the savings to buy more things we wanted. When we planned the trip airfare was going for 359.00 or so, one person round trip, so we feel good about the savings. Today in Indy I saw 1.74 a gallon and 1.88 a gallon right down the road a mile or two, so it pays to shop around. We stayed in Valdosta on the way down and drove straight thru going home. Took 15 hours to get home with reasonable stops to stretch and such.

Upvote 0
Well, for all you taking the I-75 route, if you stop in Atlanta (which I'm sure many of you do)....the gas is dropping more and more each day. I live in Alpharetta, and it's about $1.88 right now, and WSB is predicting that it will be around $1.73 by Thanksgiving. Expect a small spike over the Thanksgiving weekend.....but until then, fill up at will!!

Upvote 0

jen2009

Gas prices in Hampton Roads area of Virginia are around $1.72. I am using the difference we would have paid at $4.00 a gallon for our disney wedding at the wedding pavillion in March. Its been a nice savings so far. 109 days till I visit the world YEAH!!!!

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

I don't know about that. The bus from Pop Century dropped us off a whole lot closer than the MK parking lot. We didn't have to take the tram, monorail or boat over.
The MK is the exception to that rule because of the TTC. In that case, it usually is better to take the bus. Usually though, at all the other parks, taking a car ,if you have one, is the smarter option.

Upvote 0
I am amazed at the gas prices listed on this thread, we're still at $2.70 + here in Western NY. The worst part about this is the prices are a good 50 cents a gallon cheaper in other places in NY!!!:shrug: I keep telling my DH that we're getting ripped off, first snow then this with the gas:ROFLOL:
Anyway, we were going to drive down but when gas topped $4.00 + a gallon here in April I found plane tickets for $74.00 each way per person, non-refundable, so we'll be arriving via a jet in one month.
:veryconfupuzzling isn't it!1 We live in Western NY too,outside of Buffalo in the ski area, I don't think it is ever going to go down to the national average. We usually drive but we flew the last time in April and will probably fly in March as well! We stay at POP often too :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom