Fall is in the air :(

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Don't know about where you guys are but Fall is definately in the air here! I am wearing jeans and 3/4 sleeves for the second day in a row. :cry: I always start freaking out when I see Mums at the store and sure enough you can hear it (katy-dids) and smell it in the air. We did not really even have that much of a summer, it stayed in the upper 70s through June and I don't think we hit 90 but a couple of days in early August. I so hate to see summer go!! :cry::cry: it seems like it just started anyway.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Did not have much of a summer here in Chicago. Actually it was quite pleasent (IMO).

I am looking forward to Fall.. its my fave season. :king:

DormaNesbit

It's 74 degrees here in South Jersey for the second day in a row and man did I need a blanket last night. I agree, we did not have much of a summer here either. I hate for summer to end just because I have to send my children back to school and I have to go back to work (I'm a cook in a catholic school) but fall is my favorite time of year so I'm excited as much as dissappointed. I know, I never make any sense!:lol:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Did not have much of a summer here in Chicago. Actually it was quite pleasent (IMO).

I am looking forward to Fall.. its my fave season. :king:

It's 74 degrees here in South Jersey for the second day in a row and man did I need a blanket last night. I agree, we did not have much of a summer here either. I hate for summer to end just because I have to send my children back to school and I have to go back to work (I'm a cook in a catholic school) but fall is my favorite time of year so I'm excited as much as dissappointed. I know, I never make any sense!:lol:

I wouldn't mind fall so much if I didn't know what was coming so close behind it..:eek: I hate cold weather with a passion and I hate to see the flowers die and trees lose their leaves, but it is beautiful here when the colors are peak. Looks like the mountains have been painted.

I have summer..you want it?
I will gladly take fall right now..

:)

Let's trade! :ROFLOL:

happymom52003

I'm just the opposite....we've had record breaking heat here this summer.....the hottest summer my area has had since they started recording weather history! Temps between 101 and 105 on most days. Some days it was even too hot to go to the swimming pool...that is insane! I am so excited because our 8 day forcast finally does not have a single temp over 100 in it! Its pretty sad when you get excited because your forcasted temps for the week are all in the mid to upper 90's and you view that as a "cool" spell....lol.

I can't wait until that first morning where the air feels a bit cooler (sadly, for us that means 90 degrees....lol). Makes me think of Halloween, fires in the fireplace, etc..and then I know that Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner. September-December is my favorite part of the year. The ONLY thing I like about summer is that my kids are home from school!

I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. I would love to live in a place that actually has all four seasons. Although I am sure if I had to put up with snow and ice year after year I'd be just as tired of that as I am of the heat!

Wilt Dasney

It's been great this week where I live, temps in the 70s as opposed to the 90s. This time of year is what gets me through summer, personally. I won't miss a thing about it.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I'm just the opposite....we've had record breaking heat here this summer.....the hottest summer my area has had since they started recording weather history! Temps between 101 and 105 on most days. Some days it was even too hot to go to the swimming pool...that is insane! I am so excited because our 8 day forcast finally does not have a single temp over 100 in it! Its pretty sad when you get excited because your forcasted temps for the week are all in the mid to upper 90's and you view that as a "cool" spell....lol.

I can't wait until that first morning where the air feels a bit cooler (sadly, for us that means 90 degrees....lol). Makes me think of Halloween, fires in the fireplace, etc..and then I know that Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner. September-December is my favorite part of the year. The ONLY thing I like about summer is that my kids are home from school!

I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. I would love to live in a place that actually has all four seasons. Although I am sure if I had to put up with snow and ice year after year I'd be just as tired of that as I am of the heat!

Well that is hot. We usually start hitting low 90s in July and stay that way to mid 90s through August then it drops to the 80s at the end of the month. The high yesterday was 62... granted it was rainy but still. The garden is already turning yellow and the Maples have red and orange coming on. We are usually at WDW this week so I miss out on the transistion and believe it or not one of the reasons I love to go in late August/September is the heat, I love it down there. We are all bummed that in early November it will only be in the low 80s. Still that's better than what it will be here...lol I do not like to be cold so I hibernate indoors as much as possible once the temps leave the 60s, so I guess you do always want what you don't have. :lol:
It's been great this week where I live, temps in the 70s as opposed to the 90s. This time of year is what gets me through summer, personally. I won't miss a thing about it.

Looks as if I am totally in the minority here! It is low 70s here too today better than yesterday anyway.

tigsmom

The leaves started changing here about 2-3 weeks ago. It was 43 degrees when I got up this morning and it only made it to 73 this afternoon, it's in the 50's already and should get cooler. :(

harveyt0206

Here in central Ohio we have had an unseasonably cool summer. I simply can not believe that summer is over because we just never had that super hot summer weather that we typically get in July/August. Fall is my favorite season but I too despise winter. If I never left the house between Christmas and Easter I would be just fine with that.

Here in Colorado it has been a very cool summer. Like 80's most days, lots of rain. This is so unusual for us because last year like everyday was in the high 90's and we were in a drought.

I am with most of the others, Fall is my fav, mild weather, Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc. It's the most eventful time of year it seems. The only bad thing about the fall is...school...

happymom52003

I'm getting jealous hearing about these "unseasonably" cool summers some of you have had. Central Texas must have sucked the heat away from the rest of the country! What a crazy summer.....unseasonably cool in parts of the country, and unheard of high temps in others. We're out of balance!

PotteryGal

wooo hooo! Fall is my favorite season!:sohappy:

Mine too! :D I don't mind a little cool weather, it's when winter comes and it hurts your nose to breathe in that I start grumbling :lol:. Oh and having to shovel our 45 degree angle driveway in the winter....but that's why I have a husband. :animwink:

Ghall

We have had the same summer we get every year in Ireland, it's grey, cold and rainy. Today it is 57 and raining. The highest the temperature got during the summer months was 62/63 if we were lucky. The only time we saw sun was 3 weeks in sunny Florida in June. Every season is much the same only colder in the winter.

Uponastar

Don't know about where you guys are but Fall is definately in the air here! I am wearing jeans and 3/4 sleeves for the second day in a row. :cry: I always start freaking out when I see Mums at the store and sure enough you can hear it (katy-dids) and smell it in the air. We did not really even have that much of a summer, it stayed in the upper 70s through June and I don't think we hit 90 but a couple of days in early August. I so hate to see summer go!! :cry::cry: it seems like it just started anyway.

This could have been written by me. I hate knowing that the cold is coming. Fall, as beautiful as it can be in this area, just means Winter is on it's way. Everything is still so green and lush because of all the rain we had, but soon it will be all brown and dead. And it's going to stay that way for far too long.
And you're so right, She...this year Summer got off to such a late start, and now it seems to be ending early. We got ripped! :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom