Fairy Godmother Among the cuts

mousehockey37

Oh I know that...I just hate when people think the company is actually in trouble financially and really they aren't.

Yeah, they're doing pretty well. It will be somewhat interesting to see how things go with all the construction going on. There's other threads here about the impacts of construction and visiting the world.

Like I said though, it's awful that they are getting rid of tangible things that the customer has access to. I'm sure they could easily find some fluff jobs in the offices somewhere that could easily cut more money than that of all the live performers combined...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The company has no actual real financial woes. This isn't a mom and pop shop that's hurting for income, this is a multi billion dollar company that just reported record profits for their parks and resorts division last quarter. Why don't they put those record profits back into the budgets rather than executive bonuses? Maybe that would help with Shanghai's budget problem. Maybe since its Bob Iger's pet project he could be bothered to help with it running over budget by taking a pay cut himself.
You just insinuated that all profits go to executive bonuses. That's really fringe stuff there.

DisneyFans4Life

I was at MK yesterday and the spot where the Fairy Godmother usually is had Susie and Perla instead. I'm starting to think that some of these character "removals" aren't necessarily cuts...but just change ups. I've never seen Susie and Perla and neither has my daughter...so it was nice to see that. Additionally, Rabbit was also with Pooh and Tigger...which I've never seen.

Over by the Teacups were Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. I've seen them over there before...but it's been a long while. If these truly are cuts...why are other characters coming out in their place? Maybe some of this isn't necessarily a true cut back.

asianway

I was at MK yesterday and the spot where the Fairy Godmother usually is had Susie and Perla instead. I'm starting to think that some of these character "removals" aren't necessarily cuts...but just change ups. I've never seen Susie and Perla and neither has my daughter...so it was nice to see that. Additionally, Rabbit was also with Pooh and Tigger...which I've never seen.

Over by the Teacups were Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. I've seen them over there before...but it's been a long while. If these truly are cuts...why are other characters coming out in their place? Maybe some of this isn't necessarily a true cut back.
Character performers get a ton of sick days, so every day is over staffed. FG is a specialty role, if she's out they would pull from other places.

DisneyFans4Life

Character performers get a ton of sick days, so every day is over staffed. FG is a specialty role, if she's out they would pull from other places.
It can't be that hard to staff FG. I'm sure Disney has plenty of older females working that could easily fill the role. It's not that hard of a role to act out either.

mm52200

It can't be that hard to staff FG. I'm sure Disney has plenty of older females working that could easily fill the role. It's not that hard of a role to act out either.
It isn't hard to staff, I just imagine that since its a very specific type for that role, they don't have a spare on hand at all times so they just pull out Suzy and Perla instead from other spares in MK that day.

Soarin' Over Pgh

If Bob Iger took a TWO DAY paycut (roughly $252,000 if I'm doing my math correctly) WDW could afford to keep the Fairy Godmother, Lady Tremaine, both step sisters, Gaston, and a handful of others on board for a solid YEAR at their salaries (can't be more than $30,000, right?)

Just sayin'. A little perspective to tick ya off on a Monday morning.

Like we need more fuel for the fire. ;)

FrankLapidus

If Bob Iger took a TWO DAY paycut (roughly $252,000 if I'm doing my math correctly) WDW could afford to keep the Fairy Godmother, Lady Tremaine, both step sisters, Gaston, and a handful of others on board for a solid YEAR at their salaries (can't be more than $30,000, right?)

He earns a quarter of a million dollars in two days? o_O

Math was never my strong point so I'm not going to try and work it out but that's obscene.

asianway

Plus attendants and photopass and mgr support overhead

DisneyFans4Life

They're not, the different characters are just spares not replacements. The Fairy Godmother has not been replaced by Suzy and Perla.
Who knows...this could be one of those temporary things that stays for a while. And even if it's not Susie and Perla specifically...I'm sure there will be others that they use as "replacements."

MMDVC

So they "gave" us all PhotoPass (Magic Memory?) so we can take pictures of reduced meetngreets. Don't forget to say thank you Disney.
I definitely want to remember meeting missing characters that I am standing next to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom