Fairy Godmother Among the cuts

mousehockey37

Especially since it would save money. One person says, FG wasnt out today, someone can say, she was out yesterday.

There lies a completely different issue. With today's entitlement issues, every little special snowflake would be at Guest Services demanding the characters from yesterday, ya know, because people can't accept that a random rotation might just be fair.

They seriously wouldn't cut one of their most popular meets would they? He's such a huge draw and very popular.
Gaston is popular, but until he has a princess length queue, he's on the block. Mickey/Minnie/Donald/Goofy/Pluto are the only really safe ones. I personally could see Mary Poppins going by the wayside sooner than later.

Basically, it's going to get harder and harder to meet characters, unless you're privileged enough to go to something like the DVC night and/or other special events catered to travel agents or whatever where they have the rare characters out.

ETA... OR... they're going to start upcharging for M&G's. Just like with pro athletes. You want to meet your favorite players at a signing, you're gonna pay for it.

asianway

There lies a completely different issue. With today's entitlement issues, every little special snowflake would be at Guest Services demanding the characters from yesterday, ya know, because people can't accept that a random rotation might just be fair.

Gaston is popular, but until he has a princess length queue, he's on the block. Mickey/Minnie/Donald/Goofy/Pluto are the only really safe ones. I personally could see Mary Poppins going by the wayside sooner than later.

Basically, it's going to get harder and harder to meet characters, unless you're privileged enough to go to something like the DVC night and/or other special events catered to travel agents or whatever where they have the rare characters out.
It already is-new characters aren't making the rounds as normal and they sure aren't going out of their way to make retired ones accessible. Heck they did 2 "long lost friends" and some of them were ones that made daily appearances

mousehockey37

It already is-new characters aren't making the rounds as normal and they sure aren't going out of their way to make retired ones accessible. Heck they did 2 "long lost friends" and some of them were ones that made daily appearances

Yeah. As I added to my post... I can see that if people want all of the characters, well, they'll put a separate price tag on it. The parades may be the only way to catch a glimpse of some of them anymore.

It shouldn't have to come down to that, but hey, they've done upcharge events in the past with people throwing buckets of money at it blindly... why should we say it won't happen for meeting characters?

asianway

Yeah. As I added to my post... I can see that if people want all of the characters, well, they'll put a separate price tag on it. The parades may be the only way to catch a glimpse of some of them anymore.

It shouldn't have to come down to that, but hey, they've done upcharge events in the past with people throwing buckets of money at it blindly... why should we say it won't happen for meeting characters?
Like Club Villain

mousehockey37

This is against the law. Due to their age they should be protected under the American Disabilities Act and the Office of Equal Employment Opportunities Act.

I'm not trying to argue this, but just because they aren't going to be a face character anymore, doesn't mean that they don't fill another role as another costumed character, correct? I know there have been CM's in the past that were able to be more than one princess, so the same has to be available in this regard too one would think...

JUFL2019

I'm not trying to argue this, but just because they aren't going to be a face character anymore, doesn't mean that they don't fill another role as another costumed character, correct? I know there have been CM's in the past that were able to be more than one princess, so the same has to be available in this regard too one would think...
It was a joke....it clearly went over your head

Dartha Stewart

This may not be a popular opinion, but Disney really is missing out on a golden opportunity for additional revenue if they would make character greetings as up-charge attractions. Given the popularity of the characters, it would be a huge success if implemented. This way, the extra cash flow would help relieve some of the company's financial woes, and enable the pay to keep many beloved characters around who are currently facing the chopping block.

mm52200

This may not be a popular opinion, but Disney really is missing out on a golden opportunity for additional revenue if they would make character greetings as up-charge attractions. Given the popularity of the characters, it would be a huge success if implemented. This way, the extra cash flow would help relieve some of the company's financial woes, and enable the pay to keep many beloved characters around who are currently facing the chopping block.
The company has no actual real financial woes. This isn't a mom and pop shop that's hurting for income, this is a multi billion dollar company that just reported record profits for their parks and resorts division last quarter. Why don't they put those record profits back into the budgets rather than executive bonuses? Maybe that would help with Shanghai's budget problem. Maybe since its Bob Iger's pet project he could be bothered to help with it running over budget by taking a pay cut himself.

mousehockey37

The company has no actual real financial woes. This isn't a mom and pop shop that's hurting for income, this is a multi billion dollar company that just reported record profits for their parks and resorts division last quarter. Why don't they put those record profits back into the budgets rather than executive bonuses? Maybe that would help with Shanghai's budget problem. Maybe since its Bob Iger's pet project he could be bothered to help with it running over budget by taking a pay cut himself.

Why do that when you can cutback in the parks and raise admission prices? No one wants make less money...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom