Fairy Godmother Among the cuts

Monorail_Red_77

Not even anymore. If I enter the BBB I get arrested, to enter the restaurant I need to pay $629 to get my picture taken with college kids, and the mosaic has been closed off since 1991.

Maybe Disney will let me watch Cinderella's fountain... :oops:

Do you mean the Mosaic on the right side behind the annoying walls inside the castle? Cause the other five or so on the left are still viewable as you walk past.

BernardandBianca

From today's Orlando Sentinel:

"Ten "Citizens of Hollywood," the actors who portray old-time Tinseltown characters at Walt Disney World, will lose their jobs in April... A spokeswoman for the Actors' Equity Association, which represents the performers, confirmed Monday 10 of the 29 will not have their contracts renewed. Nine of the performers who will lose their jobs currently work at Disney full-time, union spokeswoman Maria Somma said. One works part-time. Disney gave the actors notice last week. They will stop working at the end of their contract in mid-April."

Hyperspace Hoopla

This may not be a popular opinion, but Disney really is missing out on a golden opportunity for additional revenue if they would make character greetings as up-charge attractions. Given the popularity of the characters, it would be a huge success if implemented. This way, the extra cash flow would help relieve some of the company's financial woes, and enable the pay to keep many beloved characters around who are currently facing the chopping block.

Maybe they should charge extra for the rides too.

Rachel S1321

She made my daughters day! We had no idea she was available for meet and greets and she just appeared there without a line. She spent 5 minutes with my daughter before someone else came! This was September 2012 when my daughter was 3, and this may be the only character she actually remembers meeting. Sad to see her cut.
DSC00727.JPG

JoeCamel

She made my daughters day! We had no idea she was available for meet and greets and she just appeared there without a line. She spent 5 minutes with my daughter before someone else came! This was September 2012 when my daughter was 3, and this may be the only character she actually remembers meeting. Sad to see her cut.View attachment 132751

Thats Momma makin magic. many a morning I watched her do her thing.

I was probably somewhere behind the camera angle when you took that picture

Rachel S1321

Thats Momma makin magic. many a morning I watched her do her thing.

I was probably somewhere behind the camera angle when you took that picture

That is just awesome! She was amazing with our daughter. Like I said this is the one character my daughter remembers and still talks about! It was a moment for her, and us! My husband will be bummed when I share the news of this meet and greet being cut from the parks. She was the best.

AndyS2992

Wasn't even aware FGM did meets.

But no one seems to have mentioned that all the characters getting cut are all face characters and have been replaced with fur ones instead, odd.

Alice/Mad Hatter = Tweedles
Fairy Godmother = Suzy and Pearla
Lady Tremaine = Rabbit
Etc..

Fairy Godmother can still be seen in Main Street Electrical Parade though.

discos

But no one seems to have mentioned that all the characters getting cut are all face characters and have been replaced with fur ones instead, odd.

Lady Tremaine = Rabbit
Etc..

So pretty much DCP kids are taking over the fur positions. Cheaper than having face characters

wdrive

Does this impact the 1900 Faire characters too, or just in the parks?

Just in the parks, for now at least.

Lady Tremaine = Rabbit
Etc..

They are spares not replacements. A spare is used for when a cast member calls in. Alice and Hatter haven't been cut.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom