Fairies Meet n Greet wait times

drew81

Original Poster
As of right now it looks like the Fairies meet n greet is going to have a very long line for some time to come. Wait times are anywhere from 1 to 3 hours. Best bet is to go straight there at Toon Town rope drop....but your wait still may be close to an hour.

Thank God my daughter hasn't seen the movie and won't until she gets it for Christmas and her favorite characters are Minnie and Cinderella (easy finds)!! That is crazy!

drew81

Original Poster
Oh I believe it. And it probably will be like this for the imediate future.

You're right. I don't see the wait times getting any smaller especially with the holidays right around the corner. I'm hoping the Fairies room will be open during MVMCP and thinking about that I wonder if they will now have Mickey and Minnie in the Judges Tent for MVMCP since the fairies are there now.

imamouse

This is another reason why I'm thankful I only have sons - no waiting in lines for ANY characters :sohappy:. I'm sure lots of boys love characters, but my guys never showed an interest. They are all about the rides!

kcnole

Waiting that long for a meet and greet is ridiculous in the first place, but with it just being shoehorned into the old character tent is ridiculous. At least in DL you get an amazingly detailed queue to wait in (although 3 hours just to get a picture would drive me insane.)

cl_x_4

Luckily, there was a meet n greet right after the AP preview of the movie. I'm not sure that I'd be willing to wait that long.... even though I'm interested in seeing the queue area. :)

DizneyPryncess

I'm 27, but still am obsessed with Tinkerbell. I'll wait to meet the fairies, but hope I don't feel totally stupid as probably the only adult with no little ones with me. :p

I love the idea of a fairy restaurant & character dining! That would be awesome!

NASAMan

A couple points after working with the fairies the other day:

* While the Disneyland queue is better themed, the MK fairy room borders on spectacular in decoration and lighting.

* The princess room has a separate entrance and exit. As the in-room line wanes, it is filled so the line is faster moving. A little Disney magic actually makes it move twice as fast as it normally could. The fairies only take in in three families at a time, who then have a chance to visit each fairy. They exit through the same way they entered. Through a deserving 'Make-A-Wish' child in there and the line wait becomes longer.

* The fairies look wonderful, are a delight to meet and chat with, and to many folks on a 5 day stay a 90 minute to 3 hour wait is just a small part to make an everlasting memory.

* Never hesitate or apologize as an adult to wait to meet a character. The Disney friends enjoy it when their older guests get into the magic and want a picture and a memory.

* Your experiences, time, and stamina should dictate whether the wait is worthwhile to you. You enter through County Bounty which has a selection of toys, so if you save some souvenir money for this purpose, it might ease the time in line with young ones. A video display shows scenes from various princess movies, and Tinkerbell and her friends. This could also be used to occupy a young one.

* If your child has not met with characters yet, take them to see the princesses first. Our line on Sunday averaged 15 minutes. If they are not shy and willingly go to and interact with the princesses, then you know they will not freak out after their 3 hour wait to see the fairies.

Whatever you do, enjoy your visit!

drew81

Original Poster
I'm 27, but still am obsessed with Tinkerbell. I'll wait to meet the fairies, but hope I don't feel totally stupid as probably the only adult with no little ones with me. :p

I love the idea of a fairy restaurant & character dining! That would be awesome!

Don't feel stupid. I stand in line by myself all the time to see the characters. Who cares what other guests think.

gembob

A couple points after working with the fairies the other day:

* If your child has not met with characters yet, take them to see the princesses first. Our line on Sunday averaged 15 minutes. If they are not shy and willingly go to and interact with the princesses, then you know they will not freak out after their 3 hour wait to see the fairies.

Whatever you do, enjoy your visit!

That is some good advise!!

Brian Noble

A little Disney magic actually makes it move twice as fast as it normally could.
I suspected that was the current configuration. Any chance that the magic might be reallocated so that the princesses move as fast as "normal", but the fairies move "twice as fast"?

drew81

Original Poster
I suspected that was the current configuration. Any chance that the magic might be reallocated so that the princesses move as fast as "normal", but the fairies move "twice as fast"?

No, because they only made 1 fairy room. Who knows what they'll do if the line continues to be this long. Maybe they'll take the game part of the meet n greet out to speed up the line or maybe they'll just keep it the same.

PhilharMagician

It was around 3 hours every time we stopped in to check last week. What we should have done is got in line before the MNSSHP started. I am assuming it was shorter then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom