Eyes on EPCOT Center

Figment1986

Here's the Nintendo Virtual Boy cameo in The Sum of All Thrills pre-show...
4070390210_fb19df6b0e_b.jpg

The kids that the preshow was made for have zero clue what it is.. all I remember was prototype for 3D concept that failed as it was only in one color and it stunk in graphics... lol

That's right, ladies... :animwink:
4070390220_b2d9175799_b.jpg

that layout looks like something too :lol:

WDW Vacationer

Is that a concrete test? That would not be needed unless...

YA-BA- DABA-DOO! No more checkers! And we all know what the ground mirrors!

Am I too excutited?:lookaroun

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Of all the things added to the park since 1999, I say Leave a Legacy is the most true to the Epcot spirit.

So paying lots of money for a tiny, tiny, super low resolution engraving to be placed with thousands of other engravings on tiles that get incredibly faded and difficult to see are keeping with the Epcot spirit??? :rolleyes:

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
So paying lots of money for a tiny, tiny, super low resolution engraving to be placed with thousands of other engravings on tiles that get incredibly faded and difficult to see are keeping with the Epcot spirit??? :rolleyes:

...and you haven't even reached the ugly gravestone part yet! :lol:

kcnole

I see something that starts and ends the park right. Before Earth, Before Future, Before world understanding, the whole EPCOT story starts with PEOPLE. Without people, Epcot has no meaning. Just stand there in the middle of the Legacy stones at dusk and you'll see the reflections of millions of people who thought this place was important, and you can see, every night, the reflection of our Spaceship Earth cast on their faces...Even if you aren't on one like me, it's a sense of the true nature of Epcot...something alot of the newer additions to the park, lack...

Wow, I'm not even sure what to say about that. If that was what it was supposed to represent than great, too bad the execution was horribly flawed. Instead it looks like some war monument to all the dead people who died in some future war. Its cold and depressing and not at all what I want to see when I enter or leave the park.

EPCOT Explorer

Wait, who has a blue pole?

:lol:
:lookaroun:ROFLOL:

I just don't see the Clutter you people call it....

I see something that starts and ends the park right. Before Earth, Before Future, Before world understanding, the whole EPCOT story starts with PEOPLE. Without people, Epcot has no meaning. Just stand there in the middle of the Legacy stones at dusk and you'll see the reflections of millions of people who thought this place was important, and you can see, every night, the reflection of our Spaceship Earth cast on their faces...Even if you aren't on one like me, it's a sense of the true nature of Epcot...something alot of the newer additions to the park, lack...

Of all the things added to the park since 1999, I say Leave a Legacy is the most true to the Epcot spirit.
I agree with you. In concept? WOW. That's mind blowing. Honestly, it is. Very thoughtful, and a very EPCOT-esque statement.

Execution?:hurl: Looks terrible. My Mom, who has never been online, never even touched a Disney Fansite, or is one to call Disney out on anything, calls it the Mausoleum. Seriously. LAL is ugly.:lol:

dweezil78

Does anyone know what guests were promised, especially from a legal standpoint, in regards to the lifespan and placement of their Leave a Legacy engraving? Curious to know if Disney is even able to move or dismantle any of that -- and if so, when.

EPCOTPluto

Does anyone know what guests were promised, especially from a legal standpoint, in regards to the lifespan and placement of their Leave a Legacy engraving? Curious to know if Disney is even able to move or dismantle any of that -- and if so, when.
Supposedly, your tile gets either a 10-15 year spot facing SSE on the marble monuments. Not sure what happens afterwards.

I heard rumors that there was a plan to shift the tiles to a corner of the entrance, but that was a long time ago... :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

:lol:
Always seemed purple to me... :lookaroun
You should get that checked.:lookaroun
I heard 10.

:shrug:

Either way, they could still use them...Like on the FON.:lookaroun:D

Anyone remember those posts in the EPCOT All The Time threads? Fun times.:eek: This thread is like it's illegitimate sequel.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom