Extra Magic Hours New Policy?

bandtrumpet

Original Poster
Hey everyone!
I just had a quick question about the new EMH policy since they got rid of the wristbands. I heard you need to show your "Key to the Kingdom" at the entrance to each ride. Do they scan it or something or just glance at it or something. Sorry, it's kind of a dumb question but I would love any help.

Thanks!

nepalostparks

Hey everyone!
I just had a quick question about the new EMH policy since they got rid of the wristbands. I heard you need to show your "Key to the Kingdom" at the entrance to each ride. Do they scan it or something or just glance at it or something. Sorry, it's kind of a dumb question but I would love any help.

Thanks!

The official policy is that each guest must show their Key to the Kingdom card to the cast member at the entrance of each open attraction. The cast member would then check the card and verify it was still current/valid. I've never seen anyone scan/swipe it, only visually verify.

Some cast members are more strict than others, anywhere from just waving people in, to checking to see if you are holding a Key to the Kingdom card (but not checking it), to holding a flashlight and checking every card for each member of a family/party.

Thrill Seeker

Most that I've encountered (including myself) just glance at it to make sure it's a proper room key. As long as you have it out for each attraction, you're good to go.

What a pain...because then you have to scramble to out it away before the ride. Oh well.

I bought lanyards and the attachable plastic zip envelope( not sure what to call it! Sorry!) They're see through and we put our key in that so that we didn't have to pull it out at every single ride! Works great.

powlessfamily4

I bought lanyards and the attachable plastic zip envelope( not sure what to call it! Sorry!) They're see through and we put our key in that so that we didn't have to pull it out at every single ride! Works great.

If miight ask, where did you find the zip ones? I only found the ones that just slide in and the Keys are a little loose. I worry about them falling out.

tiggermarie

If miight ask, where did you find the zip ones? I only found the ones that just slide in and the Keys are a little loose. I worry about them falling out.

I found mine at one of the Pin carts or in one of the shops where you get your pins. Ask a CM and they will point you to the right place.
And I have never had the Key fall out. More like hard time getting them out.

Also about looking closely at the key is easy, they know where to look and what the date is. It is like when I worked a grocery store and had to see peoples ID if they where buying tobacco or beer, I just look in the same spot every time - the date of birth. It did not take very long.

SunsetGrill7

As others have stated, pass/room key viewing will vary. I have been at EMH dozens of times needing a room key, and mostly just give a quick wave of all keys. The last time I was at Toy Story Mania, I was stopped by an old CM (surrounded by young ones not doing anything) who insisted on inspecting each key for dates, resorts, forgery, etc. Surrounded by so many younger CM's, I think he was just bitter with Father Time.

Xethis

Why would someone, do something that idiotic? Are people that willing to break the "simple" to follow rules?

Just when you think a rule is so simple it 'wouldn't' be an issue, someone has to prove you wrong.
There's a reason Preparation H says "Do not take orally".

Erin_Akey

This weekend they were definitely checking dates with a little flashlight. Made lines seem Li.get than they were but once inside everything moved quickly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom