Extra Magic Hours: Avoid evening EMH?

ohioguy

I'm going to WDW soon, and know full well to avoid parks that have MORNING Extra Magic Hours. However, does the same warning apply to the parks concerning EMH in the EVENING? Should I avoid those days, as well..or does it matter when it comes the nightime hours extension?

Thanks in advance.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We have found that the park with an evening extra magic hour is not quite as crowded the next day. My philosophy, show up for the evening extra magic hour, then hit the same park the next day until the extra magic hour for that nights park....

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

Here is our experience, and we have been to WDW many, many times. EMH in the morning...avoid it. You'll get on the first ride you choose but then will need a fastpass after that. You'll be surprised at how many people have lined up while you were in the first attraction, and it will stay crowded all morning. EMH evening: Don't go too early in the evening, or you'll be peaking at, say, 10:00 and everyone will still be there. If, for example, the MK is open till 1 a.m., get there at 9, and expect it to still be somewhat crowded until the last 2 hours, when the parents of little ones in strollers will be heading back to the resorts.

Upvote 0

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not sure why they say avoid morning EMH - its great. Way better then evening EMH - which focuses nearly the entire property in one place.

EMH evenings are usually not worth it unless its the last hour or they are super late at the MK (past 1am) and then most people don't have the stamina to be up that late.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I'm going to WDW soon, and know full well to avoid parks that have MORNING Extra Magic Hours. However, does the same warning apply to the parks concerning EMH in the EVENING? Should I avoid those days, as well..or does it matter when it comes the nightime hours extension?

Thanks in advance.

While I have heard the same, we always take advantage of Morning hours and tend to avoid evenings...depending on the time of year. During more crowded times of year, people stay out later and don't make the earlier morning hours. We have found that there is a window of about three hours in the morning (including the EMH) where you can easily get to whatever E tickets you want.

Contrarily, evening EMH in summer and holidays are often crowded until at least midnight...and I don't feel like being around until 1 or 2.

Now during off season, EMH in evenings has always been uncrowded and great fun.

Upvote 0

noname70

Regarding the OP's question: on a day that a park has Evening EMH, is that park more or less crowded during the day portion? Is there a chance that that park might be less crowded during the day as guests may be elswhere (another park), awaiting the EMH? Just a thought....

Upvote 0

Gartdog

We always avoid any EMH. Mornings get crowded fast and stay crowded all day, and evenings get people flocking in overwhelming the few open attractions.

Avoid any EMH park! Sleep later, get home earlier (so you are fresh for the next day), and still get to see a lot in less crowded parks. You can't loose!

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Logic says that whichever park has EMH will have larger crowds, simply because people without hopper tickets who stay on property and want to take advantage of EMH can only go to the park that has it.

Upvote 0

Jellyfish

Thanks in advance.

Why do you need to aviod morning ones?

Upvote 0

beanbunny

I guess we're the "fools" who enjoy both but, then, we enjoy just walking around the parks, too! We know they will both be super crowded but I guess that's part of the fun of it! We just relax, get on what we can and catch up on the rest later.

Upvote 0

ohioguy

Original Poster
I'm staying OFF property (my sister works for Peabody Hotel Group and I get a free room for a week there).

If you are an OFF property guest, the guidebooks almost all say to avoid the EMH morning hours; but they are vague on the EMH's for the evening. Do the parks get more crowded during the day that has evening EMH, as the guests arrive earlier and just stay for the EMH? How about days that have morning EMH is one park and evening EMH in another...should the rule of thumb be to avoid both parks?
Thanks!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

SInce you won't be going to the EMH than, yes, avoid those parks on those days.
We always use the EMH's to our benefit. We can get all of Fantasyland done before the park even opens. But we are there before the park even opens. I love walking down and empty Main Street USA.

Upvote 0

noname70

Logic says that whichever park has EMH will have larger crowds, simply because people without hopper tickets who stay on property and want to take advantage of EMH can only go to the park that has it.

True. Also, those w/hoppers may tour another park until closing and then head over to the EMH to extend the night. It may even out. Therefore, if you don't have a hopper and are looking to avoid lines, I would avoid the EMH park (morning or night). Those with hoppers, just the opposite.

Upvote 0

jmicro59

I find that EMH mornings works the best for my family. We hit WDW in July and use EMH all the time, but again just the mornings. We hit all the big rides @ MK and then take it easy and hit the other rides and leave MK just after we have some lunch. EMH nights in my opinion is always crowded.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I have tried to enjoy evening EMHs but find it a waste. Contrary to the otherposts I find mornings are fine, and can normaly get afew rides in and get hold of a fast pass to kick start the day.

Upvote 0

Hotdogs

We used the EMH in the evenings a lot on our last visit over New Year and the only one we had to queue for was Soarin surprise surprise! But it was worth the wait.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom