Extra Buns Now $1.99!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
May not be "big news" like we all like, but the price of an extra bun is now $1.99 (up from $.40 last summer!) which could have "big" implications on those using the DDP or just trying to dine cheaper.

Looks like we'll have to bring our own buns this summer to cost-effectively split the double cheeseburger combo at Cosmic Ray's!

NewfieFan

Wow, that's a big increase!

So far, we have huge stroller rental fees and extra bun price increases! What's next, pressed pennies will now cost you a $1.75 plus the penny ($1.76)!?!:p

mpoppins217

Why would anyone want an extra bun?

Some people, including myself when travelling with others, try to save some extra money dining. One of the greatest ways to do this is eat somewhere with a burger bar and then get a double and order an extra bun. When you get back to the table you split it into two burgers and head up to the burger bar and presto! you both end up with what you want.

Stinks that now it seems like that won't save as much...:(

Disneyfan1981

That's an interesting idea to get a Double Cheeseburger and then double bun it to separate it into two.....My wife and I usually just cut one in half and do it the old fashioned way....

k.hunter30

Some people, including myself when travelling with others, try to save some extra money dining. One of the greatest ways to do this is eat somewhere with a burger bar and then get a double and order an extra bun. When you get back to the table you split it into two burgers and head up to the burger bar and presto! you both end up with what you want.

Stinks that now it seems like that won't save as much...:(
Could you just cut it in half...?:shrug:

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Could you just cut it in half...?:shrug:

Here's what you lose when comparing buying and extra bun v. cutting in half
1. half the bun
2. half the 'salad' you can fit on the burger

#2 is the bigger issue for me. I LOAD my burger full of stuff to the point where nothing else will fit on it (and a lot falls out as it is). If I have half the surface area, I have half the extras.

It still seems to be cheaper then a whole meal..

Yeah, but $1.99 for a bun? A bun?! Just another way to nickel and dime us... (Or it would be, if I continued to buy them instead of bringing them with, which is what I'll now do--2 buns won't take up much room in a backpack.

TrojanUSC

Hah, it was done just to stop cheap people from doing just that. A lot of nice restaurants have "sharing" fees. You split an entree, you pay $5 or $10, and that is for nothing. So $1.49, instead of paying $8 for another burger isn't so unreasonable.

wannab@dis

I LOAD my burger full of stuff to the point where nothing else will fit on it (and a lot falls out as it is). If I have half the surface area, I have half the extras.

Yeah, but $1.99 for a bun? A bun?! Just another way to nickel and dime us... (Or it would be, if I continued to buy them instead of bringing them with, which is what I'll now do--2 buns won't take up much room in a backpack.
Based on what you just posted... it's not for "just the bun"...

wdwfan22

I will probably get flamed for this but here goes anyways. When you split the meal you are using twice as many condiments on the burger bar that you didn't pay for. The bar is included for the person that bought the meal. Your kinda stealing to save money. Alright go ahead and flame away :D

Wilt Dasney

Rising food costs have been a big topic of media coverage lately. Maybe Disney is feeling the pinch and feeling less generous when it comes to letting more people use the condiment bar for next to nothing, where they might not have cared so much before? Just a thought.

brkgnews

Hah, it was done just to stop cheap people from doing just that. A lot of nice restaurants have "sharing" fees. You split an entree, you pay $5 or $10, and that is for nothing. So $1.49, instead of paying $8 for another burger isn't so unreasonable.
At Disneyland, practically every sit down place has a "split plate charge" of upwards of four or five bucks.

PKD

I will probably get flamed for this but here goes anyways. When you split the meal you are using twice as many condiments on the burger bar that you didn't pay for. The bar is included for the person that bought the meal. Your kinda stealing to save money. Alright go ahead and flame away :D

I would have to agree with Tony on this one. I understand wanting to try and save money when at WDW, don't we all.. but when you get a second bun and load it up with toppings, then you should pay for those toppings being used.

maggiegrace1

:sohappy:
:sohappy::sohappy:

Seriously..you were getting two meals for the price of one and now complain because they raise the price of the bun..:veryconfu

Maybe Disney is getting tired of people getting all the extra condiments for free and decided to do something about it.

I swear people will complain abount ANYTHING!:hammer:

PKD

:sohappy:

:sohappy::sohappy:

Seriously..you were getting two meals for the price of one and now complain because they raise the price of the bun..:veryconfu

Maybe Disney is getting tired of people getting all the extra condiments for free and decided to do something about it.

I swear people will complain abount ANYTHING!:hammer:

I think when WDWfigment first saw the price increase, he only saw it for "the bun only" and didn't think about the extra condiments. (WDWfigment, please forgive me if I am wrong here)

Now that the point has been brought up, he as well as many others will view the cost increase in a different light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom