Extinct Attractions Poll

Which extinct attraction(s) would you want to return?

• Total voters

SSE_King

Original Poster
Just wondering which attraction(s) people would most like to see return to WDW. If one of your picks isn't listed here, just choose "Other" and let us know!

geekza

I'd add one that isn't a ride: The Penny Arcade. I know some of the machines are still lurking about, but they're spread out and, from what I've gathered, aren't in the best shape. I know that, as a kid who was in the first generation that grew up with videogames, those old amusement machines were fascinating to me. I think that today's kids might find them interesting as well. I know it will never happen, mostly because I'm sure it has become more and more difficult to find ways to repair the machines once a part fails. Still, it was something that made Main Street special and cool. Disneyland still has theirs, so they must at least have some source of parts and maintenance know-how.

JIMINYCR

Mr Toad for the love of the old style ride and nostalgia
Alien Encounter for the excitement and thrill it produced
GMR because it should have stayed. There was a theme that fit and could have been easily updated as time went on
20000 Leagues because it looked like a neat attraction that I never got to try.

geekza

Here is a fun game: name any one area from that list that is better now. :bookworm:
preach-crunch-com-emec-31691651.png

CHOX

Imagine what they could have done with the updates Disneyland used on the Submarine Voyage. Disneyland added glass panels where they display the projections on dry scenes. Imagine the advanced Sea Serpent and Squid animatronics they could do today since they’d be dry.

Then again, Disneyland themselves have opted to use super outdated projections on their subs anyways, so I doubt TDO would have done anything different. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Brer Oswald

Here is a fun game: name any one area from that list that is better now. :bookworm:
Mr. Toad honestly is the only one I can say was “improved”. Never went on WDW Toad, but I did go on DL’s, and yeah, it was a pretty great ride. Yeah, yeah I know, 2 TRACKS, an incredibly ingenious idea. But really, it was just double the amount of cardboard cutout scenes. Winnie the Pooh is the better Disney film, and by focusing only on Blustery Day, it lends itself well to the dark ride format. The classicist in me wants to prefer Toad, but Pooh is just slightly better. If only Pooh has real, fluffy, animatronics then it would be no contest.

The Empress Lilly

Mr. Toad honestly is the only one I can say was “improved”. Never went on WDW Toad, but I did go on DL’s, and yeah, it was a pretty great ride. Yeah, yeah I know, 2 TRACKS, an incredibly ingenious idea. But really, it was just double the amount of cardboard cutout scenes. Winnie the Pooh is the better Disney film, and by focusing only on Blustery Day, it lends itself well to the dark ride format. The classicist in me wants to prefer Toad, but Pooh is just slightly better. If only Pooh has real, fluffy, animatronics then it would be no contest.
Pooh is actually a decent dark ride. It feels like aiming a bit too much to a very young audience, but a good ride nonetheless.

But Toad for me all the way! Zany, wild, weird. Toad is just cardboard cutouts in the way that Small World is just rotating dolls. :)

Toad:
rapunzel_painting.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom