News Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

Captain Neo

When I first came to this site back in 2005 I was immediately met with resistance from members such as Enderkairi and Corrus who right away attempted to outshout any criticism I had over how the parks were being managed and the flaws with Disney’s leadership. I was banned on multiple accounts because of dogpilling from Disney employees masquerading as regular “fans” and their followers. It wasn’t really until the early 2010s when WDW1974 and others migrated over to this site did the culture finally change here.

Sites like Laughingplace continued on after that spewing Disney’s propaganda

andysol

Best I can make of it, though I feel relatively confident:
What we know as basic fact:
-Mike Snyder is Spirit/ @WDW1974 . Either Gary Snyder or Mike are also @the.dreamfinder
-There *is* a Troy Porter.

Up for debate:
-@TP2000 is possibly innocent in the ordeal. Maybe Troy Porter isn't the ghostwriter.
-If someone can be damaged, it’s either Troy or Zenia or Al
-If there are people that can be damaged, then sorry... that story is real. You’ve all but confirmed it through your dialogue @photomatt

The story is legit and has legs. TP2000 was possibly just a case of mistaken identity. If he is, in fact, the same Troy Porter and a ghostwriter for Al; it doesn’t change the main narrative that there are background moves in media to undermine current regimes. We knew this on the surface, but that article takes it deeper.

The drama is fun, and @the.dreamfinder could actually come on here and clean up the identity/user name fiasco.

But the meat and potatoes is the using of media to dictate their occupational desires within WDW.

And yet again, our trusty old Spirit is right. Of course, he did it in his typical immature a-hole and petty version of it. But there it is.

Last edited:

IWant2GoNow

About halfway through all of this madness. This rabbit hole seems to have no end!
15662575885047722396980728435051.jpg

HmmmmmMMMmm

When I first came to this site back in 2005 I was immediately met with resistance from members such as Enderkairi and Corrus who right away attempted to outshout any criticism I had over how the parks were being managed and the flaws with Disney’s leadership. I was banned on multiple accounts because of dogpilling from Disney employees masquerading as regular “fans” and their followers. It wasn’t really until the early 2010s when WDW1974 and others migrated over to this site did the culture finally change here.

It's almost like... there was.... a team of "influencers" on the Disney payroll whose job it was to get on these sites, infiltrate the leadership of these sites or trust of these sites, and control the narrative of these sites by silencing opposition and ridiculing those who had discerning opinions

Figments Friend

Well, this has be a interesting read since I last checked in late last night.
Wow...

I also see that I now have the most 'notices' / bell 'alerts' I've ever had in the 15 years I have been posting here ( currently at 59).

Off to have a look at the original thread...over in the Disneyland Forum.
Sorry to hear I missed all the excitement earlier, but thanks go out to archiving some of it before deletion.
That rant by The Walrus was quite a .....rant.

Carry on..

-

AndyS2992

it both proves there was a Troy Porter and that TP2000 isn’t the Troy Porter in question.
But TP2000 has told everyone his name is Thor.. which doesn't add up since someone signed up with the TP2000 username elsewhere as Troy Porter with a Disney address. Also suspect that he always declined Disneyland meet ups for one reason or another which again strikes me as unusual given how close he is to the 'Disneylanders' of this forum. But that also means there could be two TP2000s? My head hurts.

Laketravis

It's almost like... there was.... a team of "influencers" on the Disney payroll whose job it was to get on these sites, infiltrate the leadership of these sites or trust of these sites, and control the narrative of these sites by silencing opposition and ridiculing those who had discerning opinions

I often thought that was true of another not-to-be-named forum site. An infamous group of pixie-dusters who pounced on and diluted anything negative were simply far too coordinated and in-synch to be working independently.

andysol

But TP2000 has told everyone his name is Thor.. which doesn't add up since someone signed up with the TP2000 username elsewhere as Troy Porter with a Disney address. Also suspect that he always declined Disneyland meet ups for one reason or another which again strikes me as unusual given how close he is to the 'Disneylanders' of this forum. My head hurts.
My head hurts too.

The odds of two Troy Porters is highly suspect.

I think he’s one and the same. But photomatts quick apology makes no sense unless photomatt
1) realized it’s the wrong Troy Porter (slim odds)
2) initially assumed it was TP who leaked the info but found out it was spirit who pulled the curtain down and he had no part in it.
3) is trying to backtrack heavily (most likely)

Either way... I’m done until tomorrow. All the people are here, it’s their chance to control the narrative.

jt04

Ummm. So this is the crux of it I think. The doomsayers could not spread propaganda without being challenged and so they flooded social media with conspiracy theories.

Classy.

PS- "discerning opinions"? Pathetic.

flynnibus

Premium Member

So jt04 is like Seinfeld episodes where Kramer goes to work at LeLand... but doesn’t even work there. At least Kramer got fired...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It’s almost like you’ve come to this site just to make accusations that you’re not tossing about elsewhere. Not unlike others around here. What a coincidence....

HmmmmmMMMmm

It’s almost like you’ve come to this site just to make accusations that you’re not tossing about elsewhere. Not unlike others around here. What a coincidence....
What you believe is truth or want to be true (or have been told to say is true?) has little to no impact on what the truth actually is.

Figments Friend

I had a very similar experience when i first joined this Forum a year prior to you, in 2004.
Back then, I learned in later years, it was pretty much a right of passage to be 'chewed out' verbally in a thread when one was a newbie here.

I beleive it was even the same poster 'Enderkairi' who was giving me a lot of pushback in a rude way regarding some real concerns I had over the Maintenance and cleanliness of Epcot back at that time after a visit.
It was rather vicious, but I blew it off and 'killed them with kindness'.
A mod then stepped in and complimented my approach, which I found justified things.
Man, that feels like an ice age ago now.

I also remember another interesting and yet similarity vicious 'attack' by another poster who I knew at the time must have been a Corporate shill or a very irate Imagineer.
It was in one of the many massive 'Spirit'' threads, this one who's shifting topic covered the sudden 'retirement' of Tony Baxter in 2013.

I made some supportive comments in regards to Tony's situation, and slammed ( tastefully ) the jerks behind the scenes who had manipulated his lessening influence over the years.
I was immediately pounced on by a poster named 'WinnieThePoop' who was a 'new member' and proceeded to freak out in a borderline display that some might have seen as a personal attack.

The guy claimed that I knew nothing about the situation, and 'you don't even know Tony'....to which of course I could only chuckle under my breath about.
It can be quite foolish to assume you know anything personal about someone, exspecially on a message forum!
;)
Mr. Poop ( or was it Mrs.? ) made one more post, yelling at someone else in the thread, and then disappeared never to be seen again.

-

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom