News Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

MinnieWaffles

How to make this whole drama even funnier: Imagine this all kicking off at the Magic Kingdom with Mickey, Chapek and Iger on one side and everyone else on the other and there's just this huge shouting match going on as the happy park music plays.

MattM

I'm new and not so new. I've been reading this place since 2014, but I care so little about internal website politics that I don't even know who "Mike" is.

So, hi, Mike! And hi, Matt! Long-time lurker, 18th-time caller.

None of that changes the fact that any website that revealed the identity of a poster against their will would suffer huge legal exposure. And it would be an appalling thing to do in 2019 now that everyone knows more about the importance of privacy. Even if it was something that someone here did in the past, we've all gotten a lot smarter about the internet in recent years. A poster demeaning a site for not outing a forum member is a special kind of ridiculous.
Smarter indeed. But a website would likely not be less liable for allowing others to dox members unwillingly as well.

TP2000

I mean, I'd like to think that if someone dragged my name through the mud and I knew I was innocent, I'd laugh it off and joke about yet another martini. But I'm human. I think some of the hurt would come through in what I wrote.

@TP2000 - you're coming off as a little too good to be true. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but me thinks you should protest a bit.

But for what purpose? When the Bob Iger fanboi shows up on my front lawn, I'll protest. Until then, it's still hysterical.

It's only the Internet. ;)

bhg469

Well, I just read all 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 pages of that other thread, and I can tell you...

Don't bother. The cake is a lie.
But Mike wants you to read that one!! His ego will deflate even further if that one isn't the one you tell all your friends about!

Last edited by a moderator:

ImperfectPixie

Is it being read and seriously considered or just for amusement?
Well...I'd have to say the former after looking at the list of links on the earliest appearance of SaveDisney on webarchive. https://web.archive.org/web/20031210060511/http://savedisney.com/

Granted, that was some 16 years ago, but if Roy E. Disney was paying attention back then, I would say it's pretty safe to assume that even though it may not be their eyes specifically on groups/forums...the higher ups are paying attention and they know what's going on through their employees.

TP2000

See! You say it's only the Internet, but then you wink as if, this is bigger than the internet!?!

When we start seeing coded messages in winky faces is when it's time to just slowly back away, close the laptop, and go water the plants, which is what I'm very close to doing.

But I'll purposely not select an emoji for this post, so as not to downplay the importance of watering the plants.

PirateFrank

I wrote on the other thread that this article is a mind @#$%! Sitting at the top of the list is the possibility that Spirit was behind the article (and after I re-read it, it definitely fits his writing style). He was certainly one of the most provocative characters this board has ever seen and I truly appreciated his candid approach. I missed his drop ins. I am quite certain I'm not alone. I just don't know what to believe at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom