News Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
If anything, the article and (everyone's) reaction to it and obsession over it has diverted a lot of attention and energy from discussion of SWGE and its merits/shortcomings. Just as AP previews were kicking off for the land at WDW.
Well there are stylometry tools available to determine similarities...

RSoxNo1

Is it being read and seriously considered or just for amusement?
I was told unsolicited that opinion pieces I wrote angered Imagineers and Executives. Understanding that's only anecdotal, I am operating under the assumption that people with more cache than myself have put out stuff that has upset people far more than my criticizing Next Gen and Epcot's direction.

I also think it's a function of not being able to steer the message which cannot be dismissed. @WDW1974 would regularly put it out there that Disney would allow their "paid schills" to badmouth select projects as a means of maintaining optics.

trainplane3

I was told unsolicited that opinion pieces I wrote angered Imagineers and Executives. Understanding that's only anecdotal, I am operating under the assumption that people with more cache than myself have put out stuff that has upset people far more than my criticizing Next Gen and Epcot's direction.

I also think it's a function of not being able to steer the message which cannot be dismissed. @WDW1974 would regularly put it out there that Disney would allow their "paid schills" to badmouth select projects as a means of maintaining optics.
I do wonder what various execs/WDI'ers were like when Pixar Pier was "completed". I'm sure they weren't happy with opinions of it but they need to realize when you work for one of largest, most powerful companies out there, your work will be judged because everyone expects the best.

I get they're only doing what upper management wants but the point still stands, they will be judged regardless of who is telling them to do it.

I'm sure they wouldn't be happy to hear what my friends and even friends parents are saying about the impending Epcot overhaul. And that's only telling them what's been 100% confirmed by the company too.

ImperfectPixie

I do wonder what various execs/WDI'ers were like when Pixar Pier was "completed". I'm sure they weren't happy with opinions of it but they need to realize when you work for one of largest, most powerful companies out there, your work will be judged because everyone expects the best.

I get they're only doing what upper management wants but the point still stands, they will be judged regardless of who is telling them to do it.

I'm sure they wouldn't be happy to hear what my friends and even friends parents are saying about the impending Epcot overhaul. And that's only telling them what's been 100% confirmed by the company too.
The majority of older members in my group are horrified.

RSoxNo1

Pixar Pier also had a built in scapegoat (Lasseter).

andysol

also calling into question the association between the.dreamfinder and spirit.

So @the.dreamfinder breaks the story.
Then makes multiple posts that Gary Snyder is a legit source.
Then links one crappy little site that tweets out the story.

Then gets called out by name.

Then disappears and doesn't even make a post even though he's been reading this thread multiple times since the outing.

Makes perfect sense, @the.dreamfinder Gary/Mike

trainplane3

Then disappears and doesn't even make a post even though he's reading this thread.

Makes perfect sense, Gary the.dreamfinder
From the Twitter account I found earlier that lined up with a lot here:

Interesting?

Though, this is much more fun to watch from the sidelines.

Stripes

Then disappears and doesn't even make a post even though he's been reading this thread multiple times since the outing.

Makes perfect sense, @the.dreamfinder Gary/Mike
I have a serious suspicion as well. The way he phrased this post is just way too '74-ish. That said, I don't think it's Michael/74. Rather, I think it might be Gary.
Happy Sunday everyone! Just in time for Sunday brunch, a shocking new column from Gary Snyder about the Walt Disney Company. Get your bagels and cream cheese, pick up the freshest seasonal fruits from the farmers market and settle in for a helluva read.

“Al”, you might want a tall, hot mug of black coffee instead.

Full text here, because Gary’s column have a tendency to disappear. Couldn’t imagine why!

Last edited:

zooey

Focus group isn’t wrong terminology here, but the use of the focus group is. TWDC uses this and other sites’ reaction to leaks to inform how they spin an unpopular decision they’ve already made.
Hence why you see a wild Rohde come it of nowhere and tel you why the Guardians tower is great.
But, then again, we all know it IS great. :cool:

durangojim

Is Micechat going to comment on this. I frequent and enjoy both sites to be honest. I'm looking forward to seeing how this all plays out. Definitely in the meantime I have to say I am unsure who to trust on any messageboard.
Besides the reply in their chat section, I doubt it.

alex0c

Interesting the connection between WDW1974 and @the.dreamfinder... he has made some posts recently which sound Spirit-esque, and mention Viacom...

That’s not how Disney sees their product. It’s all about BRANDING and BRAND interaction touchpoints (eeewww!! :depressed:). They’ll do stuff like adults only AbD groups, but they don’t see it as a market that isn’t being well served under the current business model.

Disney would get more money for BlueSky if all of its IPs came with it.

Viacom would be a perfect fit and it could be integrated into Nickelodeon instead of the sh-tshow known as Paramount Animation.

The system is the problem, not any one particular actor below Iger/Mucha. Things won't be any different if Chapek is terminated so he can "spend more time with the family" and replaced by the press savvy Cathy Powell, another executive with ZERO substantive parks experience/background. (To put things in perspective, the last head of Parks and Resorts with any meaningful experience was Jay "I hate theme parks" Rasulo and that was almost TEN years ago)

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Definitely not a fan of the drama. I may have to take a break from both boards. Hopefully it can all be cleared up. My fear is that nothing gets cleared up and then the community is compromised as a result of fear and people not knowing who is corporate vs legitimate.

Ignore it. I'm sure not more than 23.4% of the board is paid shills. Plus, what's the worst that could happen? I mean there was the time Meg Crofton tried to poison my Coca Cola and I wound up fighting for my life in the middle of the Sassagoula River with a couple of guys known around the company as "The Henchmen". Luckily, I remembered to do my stretching that morning, so I was somewhat limber and avoided middle aged man back pain as I dodged shiv after shiv whilst nimbly confusing the blood aroused bull shark and making my get away. But, that literally was the worst thing that ever happened to me based on my criticisms being reported to the company by the employees on this site. Plus, after surviving, someone felt kind of bad and I got a Dinosaur fastpass and a free premium Mickey bar in exchange for not mentioning that literally none of the effects were working.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom