News Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

gustaftp

No.. it was an evolution. That was the rub at the time... they tried to use the mileage brand... and copied the writing style... but fell short of callit it al. But this was after a dwindling time of output. Only later did they publically acknowledge al’s condition and that the articles were coming from “staff”. They tried to hide it and eventually changed their bylines
Pour that maple syrup on your pancake, stir the honey into your tea, and let's get rolling because this one is a doozy!

lazyboy97o

The first part of 5 and all of 6 is the stuff I am struggling to wrap my head around and believing. Why go after MC and TP if they supposedly share the same enemy as the Snyders. Also, why does Kalgoridis seemingly get a pass?
Per the narrative, they do not share the same enemy. The Snyders’ enemy is Iger and as an extension Chapek. For MiceChat, Chapek is just Iger’s patsy.

It was stated some pages back that there was a co-author and he was Dusty Sage's ex. Haven't seen if he's been named yet, gonna tackle the DL thread next and find out!
MiceChat is likely blaming Norm Gidney aka fishbulb, who was in a relationship and ran MiceChat with Dusty Sage. He was not anonymous, as he posted articles and co-hosted The MiceChat Podcast under is real and screen names.

I keep seeing people say that but that’s not what I remember? I though he said “Troy porter email”... not specifically a Disney email. Did I miss that?

Edit: he said “email that belongs to Troy porter”. Where this extra Disney email but coming from?
I too do not recall a Disney email being mentioned here, but it would be an easy identifier given Disney’s use of first.last addresses.

bartholomr4

I hate to say this. I agree with Mike. Sony has more to lose here than Marvel. They will cave.

I was expecting a bigger tie up. With Sony agreeing to provide Spider-Man TV projects to Disney Plus in addition to the Holland movies. (Which for the record could still happen, negotiations appear stalled not definitively over)

Like all contracts in Hollywood, this one is really complicated. One of the things that Disney did was separate Spider-Man from the rest of the Spiderverse. It would be hard for Sony to bring Spiderman back to the rest of the Spiderverse without sharing the consumer product revenue with Disney.....

They also share (which won’t go away if they can’t cut the deal) equal ownership of a company which gathers licensing revenue related to any Spider-man movies, something like 90 days before the movie and then while the movie is in the theater. Any other time, Disney gets all of the merchandise revenue for “classic Spider-Man”. Disney also has the right to veto how Sony handles the character and edit rights to any script. If they want to, they could really tie this all up.

What brings Sony to the table though (my opinion) is the fact that with Kevin F, they got two of the highest grossing films ever for Sony, Without him Spider-Man was an also ran in its last two outings..... I don’t think Wall Street would like it if Sony walks away from the gold mine Spider-man and Tom Holland have produced with Marvel Studios. Some brokerage researcher will quickly come up with some math where 100% of Sony with out Kevin F is less than 50% with him. To your point, Sony’d be smart to negotiate Marvel Studios production of some of the other characters and as you suggest, expanding the production of TV and Streaming rights......

I also think that Tom Holland and Zyndia (spelling) will also have a say here..... I would love to know where their loyalties lie....

Jimmy Thick

And the old reliables who answer the 'Disney is in Danger!' call without fail. jt, jimmy, etc....just form like Voltron to try and redirect as needed. jt has such amazing passion and loyalty to a place he doesn't visit.

Actually the worst part is after a week interest In this thread will die quicker than another Marvel at WDW thread.
Kid
Then it will be back to normal with how expensive WDW is, SWGE is terrible, Iger is bad, same ole same ole. You could set a clock to it and boil eggs.

Jimmy Thick- No matter how many times you turn inside out dirty underpants they are still dirty......

Frank the Tank

I hate to say this. I agree with Mike. Sony has more to lose here than Marvel. They will cave.

I was expecting a bigger tie up. With Sony agreeing to provide Spider-Man TV projects to Disney Plus in addition to the Holland movies. (Which for the record could still happen, negotiations appear stalled not definitively over)

Yeah, I gotta agree there. I don’t think Sony would go for the 50/50 split, but 70/30 or something materially more than the 95/5 that’s currently in place may get it done. Neither side *needs* each other, but both sides are still ultimately better off working together.

DDLand

I too do not recall a Disney email being mentioned here, but it would be an easy identifier given Disney’s use of first.last addresses.
Same, I started to see that thrown around, but I've not seen any evidence. With that said, we do have this post by @Jeffxz :

This old TP2000 account claims to work for Disney. That isn't definitive, but at least in 1998, there was a TP2000 named Troy working for Disneyland. What's left completely ambiguous is what type of position that was, or whether it was related to media at all.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Upthread I posted that I thought Photomatt meant well, but his communication issues were "digging himself into a hole... and then digging the hole deeper by doubling down on defense. He seems to have two modes of writing -- ambiguous and defensive."

Sorry to say, it looks like I'll have to rethink my statement. His modes of writing now appear to have increased to four -- ambiguous, defensive, hyper-defensive, and bullying.

Case in point: his reply to Nesboy43, a mild-mannered MC member for 9 years, whose prior posts on this topic make it clear that he supports Al and in no way supports Snyder's story. Photomatt reacted as if Nesboy was defending Snyder, then proceeded to berate and threaten him... and then locked the thread.

Mind you, this is on a forum where PhotoMatt has posted lengthy rules prohibiting personal attacks, and has made name-calling a bannable offense.
Looks like someone has a bad case of Retired Dentist Syndrome (RDS).

UNCgolf

That's exactly what somebody posted; a troy.porter@disney email. I have no idea if it was on this thread or the other thread, though, or if it's been edited or deleted. That's also clearly not proof of anything considering Troy Porter is probably a relatively common name.

I'm only reading this for the entertainment factor so I'm not going to go looking for it.

Last edited:

BigYikesFromMeDawg

That's exactly what somebody posted; a troy.porter@disney email. I have no idea if it was on this thread or the other thread, though, or if it's been edited or deleted.

I'm only reading this for the entertainment factor so I'm not going to go looking for it.
Be careful with this first result for that email was an unrelated person with the same name, working for Disney. It is a lead but some results aren't for the one we want, don't want to get an innocent employee caught in all this mess.

World_Showcase_Lover007

Alright, if we are still confused about people’s identities, is everyone up for meeting next Tuesday behind the castle? Everyone bring two forms of identification and we can sort this out real quick. Who knows, maybe the Bobs will show up? Regardless, we’ll all have a nice chat, brainstorm a bit, then all go out for Mickey bars.

flynnibus

Premium Member
That's exactly what somebody posted; a troy.porter@disney email. I have no idea if it was on this thread or the other thread, though, or if it's been edited or deleted. That's also clearly not proof of anything considering Troy Porter is probably a relatively common name.

This seems to be some telephone game thing... people adding bits and repeating them.

BigYikesFromMeDawg

This seems to be some telephone game thing... people adding bits and repeating them.
Then someone knowledgeable, needs to go through all the posts on this board and link the ones that have the most detailed and new insights. The 50 + pages on here too much for anyone to go through unless they've been keeping up with it from the start.

pdude81

Then someone knowledgeable, needs to go through all the posts on this board and link the ones that have the most detailed and new insights. The 50 + pages on here too much for anyone to go through unless they've been keeping up with it from the start.
50, ha. I'd tell you to go over to the DL forum to see just how wild this stuff gets, but it seems they are out of H1B's for WDW posters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom