News Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

Tom P.

This thread is at 51 pages so far. I've only read about 5-10 of them. I couldn't even get through three paragraphs of the original article on Medium. I am still trying to figure out why I should care.

So people within Disney are doing underhanded and unethical things on the Internet to try and shape people's opinions of the company, the parks, certain executives, or any number of other things? Is that the underlying gist of all this? If so, I am not remotely surprised. I may not agree with it, but let's be realistic here. In this social media age, every large company is doing that too. It's a sad state of affairs to be sure, but the reasons for it run the gamut from the ludicrous way in which corporate America is run today to what I think is the absolutely toxic effect social media has had on American society.

The rest of this just seems to me to be petty finger pointing and gossip, which I am not interested to participate in.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, the @andysol Conjecture is, as I understand it, as follows:

1. @TP2000 and Micechat Overlords don't like the direction DL is going and would love to see Chapek (and likely the other Bob) gone. A feeling many share.

2. So, @TP2000 and Micechat Overlords have TP2000 recently write a hit piece secretly under the name of Al Lutz, a one-time 'influencer' and contributor to Micechat who was a player in the "Save Disney" movement to oust Eisner. Was it to get Chapek fired? Or to influence him to stop cutting stuff? We don't know. Were there others involved?... maybe... more below...

3. The Snyders, Michael and Gary (@WDW1974 and @the.dreamfinder) then write their own hit piece in response against @TP2000 and Micechat exposing @TP2000 as the Al Lutz ghostwriter.

4. Unbelievable you might think? Well the Snyders then outline not only the history of @TP2000 ghostwriting for Al Lutz, but that he's done it before as part of a plot to "Save Disney" and oust Eisner.

5. So, big deal, you might think. But the Snyders aren't done. They claim that it was Iger and his henchwoman Zenia Mucha who orchestrated it. How? Because the real Al Lutz was a pain in corporate's side as a constant gadfly. Gary says he gave the idea to George Kalogridis (then VP of Park, then Prez of Parks) to co-opt the messenger. By feeding Lutz info or even having someone (TP) write for him, since his health was failing, they can groom the persona of Al to their side to put the blame of everything bad that was happening on Eisner.

6. Why would the Snyders do this? It seems to be in their nature. They are the scorpion stinging the frog ferrying them across the river. They hate the current crop of Disney execs as much as TP and MC. For some reason, they hate TP and MC just as much. No "enemy of my enemy is my friend" here. Also, Gary gives himself credit for suggesting the whole immoral "subvert the influencer" tactic. That's right, if you hate the whole "Disney is manipulating the online community" thing, you can thank Spirit's brother for that.

7. If this is true, the funny thing is that @TP2000 posted here to alert people of his alter-ego article as Al Lutz; and, @the.dreamfinder did the same thing alerting folks here to his real life Gary Snyder article outing @TP2000. Oopsies.

8. Left over questions: Did Bob/Zenia ever really direct the editorial hit job on Eisner? Is Bob/Zenia currently directing the finger-pointing at Chapek in case they need a fall-guy?

Last edited:

Quinnmac000

1. @TP2000 and Micechat Overlords don't like the direction DL is going and would love to see Chapek (and likely the other Bob) gone. A feeling many share.

2. So, @TP2000 and Micechat Overlords have TP2000 recently write a hit piece secretly under the name of Al Lutz, a one-time 'influencer' and contributor to Micechat who was a player in the "Save Disney" movement to oust Eisner. Was it to get Chapek fired? Or to influence him to stop cutting stuff? We don't know. Were there others involved?... maybe... more below...

3. The Snyders, Michael and Gary (@WDW1974 and @the.dreamfinder) then write their own hit piece in response against @TP2000 and Micechat exposing @TP2000 as the Al Lutz ghostwriter.

4. Unbelievable you might think? Well the Snyders then outline not only the history of @TP2000 ghostwriting for Al Lutz, but that he's done it before as part of a plot to "Save Disney" and oust Eisner.

5. So, big deal, you might think. But the Snyders aren't done. They claim that it was Iger and his henchwoman Zenia Mucha who orchestrated it. How? Because the real Al Lutz was a pain in corporate's side as a constant gadfly. Gary says he gave the idea to George Kalogridis (then VP of Park, then Prez of Parks) to co-opt the messenger. By feeding Lutz info or even having someone (TP) write for him, since his health was failing, they can groom the persona of Al to their side to put the blame of everything bad that was happening on Eisner.

6. Why would the Snyders do this? It seems to be in their nature. They are the scorpion stinging the frog ferrying them across the river. They hate the current crop of Disney execs as much as TP and MC. For some reason, they hate TP and MC just as much. No "enemy of my enemy is my friend" here. Also, Gary gives himself credit for suggesting the whole immoral "subvert the influencer" tactic. That's right, if you hate the whole "Disney is manipulating the online community" thing, you can thank Spirit's brother for that.

7. If this is true, the funny thing is that @TP2000 posted here to alert people of his alter-ego article as Al Lutz; and, @the.dreamfinder did the same thing alerting folks here to his real life Gary Snyder article outing @TP2000. Oopsies.

I think they don't want Bob Chapek gone, I think they feel they need to create a person to be the scapegoat and he was the one selected to be ridiculed and shamed for others mistakes. I mean look at it this way, a company like Disney would not have a single point of failure and it would be a trail so why is it always Bob Chapek taking the fall for something.

TalkingHead

TP met with Spirit. TP posted as much about it on these threads.
Micechat outted him including the fact that he used a Disney email address.
That should be enough.

But the indisputable fact is:
TP himself has posted where he lived. On this forum. I included those.
Troy Porter lived at all of those addresses.

It's comical that anyone can say "if".

If I ever do anything illegal, please be in my jury. I could use someone like you.

The same people who defend Disney’s price hikes and add-ons will ignore your evidence and continue saying “if.”

Rational thought doesn’t reside in these parts, you know.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The same people who defend Disney’s price hikes and add-ons will ignore your evidence and continue saying “if.”

Rational thought doesn’t reside in these parts, you know.
I've seen more rational thought in an Angeles City bar at midnight than in this thread.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member

TalkingHead

Have TP and Micechat been anti-Iger, or only anti-Chapek?

My sense from social media is that the fans are opposed to Chapek far more than Iger, which would suggest the fan-manipulation scam has been rather successful.

ImperfectPixie

And this is exactly why I don't ever pretend to be something I'm not. Well...this and the nastiness I mentioned earlier. Either people like me for who I am, or they don't. I won't ever apologize for being me.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

8. Left over questions: Did Bob/Zenia ever really direct the editorial hit job on Eisner? Is Bob/Zenia currently directing the finger-pointing at Chapek in case they need a fall-guy?

I added #8...

SteamboatJoe

The first part of 5 and all of 6 is the stuff I am struggling to wrap my head around and believing. Why go after MC and TP if they supposedly share the same enemy as the Snyders. Also, why does Kalgoridis seemingly get a pass?

disneyflush

I added #8...

Great writeup.

Feel like the mention of the MC admin initially 'not threatening' TP2000 to come completely clean on his denial or else but then doing a near immedate 180 and demanding the thread be deleted seems noteworthy. As would be TP2000 demanding immediately to see said 'or else' prior to MC admin melting in a puddle of regret then anger at all the fuss he caused.

disneylandcm

Thank you! Number 8 is what I’m still anxious to have answered.

Animaniac93-98

The first part of 5 and all of 6 is the stuff I am struggling to wrap my head around and believing. Why go after MC and TP if they supposedly share the same enemy as the Snyders. Also, why does Kalgoridis seemingly get a pass?

From Snyder's perspective George is a personal friend, and doesn't seem to try and capitalize on his insider status or participate in the fan community unlike MiceAge who, according to Snyder, is trying to play it both ways by being " just fans" and "corporate run influencers"

I'm getting a Star is Born/All About Eve vibe from the idea that Snyder helped make TP2000 a star in a sense, but did not give credit where credit was due (in Snyder's opinion).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom