News Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

Bender123

This thread is about Al Lutz being a (purported) fraud and sock puppet for the majority of his writing career, TWDC (allegedly) placing ghost written stories in fan blogs, and the entire scheme being used to oust Eisner (And now Chapek). But sure, go on seeing SW as the only thing the company does now.

The most recent use of Lutz was on Star Wars and how the company will use its influencers to make sure it doesn't fail...Not exactly a huge and complex leap to join those two topics.

The article even posits this as the reason Lutz has been brought back...

"With the recent, and highest profile of Iger’s tenure, failure of the massive Star Wars land expansion, Galaxy’s Edge, added cancer-like on the back of Walt’s hallowed Disneyland with a companion land coming to Walt Disney World in just a couple of weeks, Al has reappeared in a grand way. Make that, Troy Porter has reappeared.

The goal — the reason— could not be clearer. As Porter wrote here, directing folks to ‘Al’s column’ on MiceChat.com:

“I wonder does the current crop of Burbank execs and Bob Chapek even know how big a deal this is? Do they understand the weight that Lutz’s words have with the long-term West Coast fan community? If I were Mr. Chapek, I would be concerned that I did indeed cut things a bit too far and awakened the Tiki Gods and Al Lutz.”"

Last edited:

MurphyJoe

Now that's interesting, but probably doesn't mean much.

"The Senior EVP & Chief Communications Officer, Zenia Mucha, made the biggest insider sale in the last 12 months. That single transaction was for US$2.6m worth of shares at a price of US$128 each. So it’s clear an insider wanted to take some cash off the table, even below the current price of US$144. We generally consider it a negative if insiders have been selling on market, especially if they did so below the current price, because it implies that they considered a lower price to be reasonable. However, while insider selling is sometimes discouraging, it’s only a weak signal. We note that the biggest single sale was only 33.1% of Zenia Mucha’s holding. Zenia Mucha was the only individual insider to sell shares in the last twelve months."

andysol

Maybe "Troy Porter" is just an alias or maybe TP2000 did not want to reveal his real name for privacy reasons (which is understandable) and decided he would be "Thor." Maybe both possibilities are true. Or maybe there are two Troy Porters (or two people with very similar names) and it is a case of mistaken identity. I think options one and two are likely, but perhaps it is a bit of all three.
@TP2000 is Troy Porter. We know that for certain.
Spirit outed him (they’ve met). And his posts align with him being Troy. 110%. Simple google searches will prove it (the Internet never forgets).

When TP made his initial post, I believed him. He could just be a normal guy brought into this for no reason whatsoever. No different than if me or you were brought into the fold. Note: my name isn’t hard to guess either. I’m a nobody, so being doxxed by spirit or anyone would mean nothing to me. Whatever. Similar to what TP/Troy hilariously said, I can welcome any guest with a .38 special or a glass of whisky.

But then micechat popped up. What doesn’t make sense is what @photomatt Did and still continues to do. Such as the below quote from @Ojo4

I'm just going to throw this out there because I don't think we've talked about it yet, apparently Matt is convinced the Bobs are watching lol.
View attachment 399761

Why would the Bobs care at all about Troy if he’s just innocently thrown into the mix?

Micechat- you continue to make this WAY worse than what it is. You come in here, stir it all up with TP, confuse everyone, then say “move on”.
How about you come on and let us know about Troy and either implicate him or clear his name. Because as it stands, both sides; you and spirit, are implicating him.
Note: I still believe TP. And If he’s not implicated, and I’m Troy, I’m ed. You’re a better man than me.

And if he’s not implicated, then how about @the.dreamfinder come on and admit that your info is solid but your accusation was wrong. Or defend your accusations.

A bunch of spineless and petty individuals if I’ve ever seen them.

andysol

Exactly, no guts or integrity. Stand up and be accountable.
I have it pretty much figured out and could write Micechat’s post for them. They’ve done nothing but act immature and ridiculous in the entire ordeal to what... spin up more drama? To combat Spirit’s ridiculous drama?

Here, let me give it a try. Something that could have been said and squashed 100 pages ago between the two threads.

“Gary Snyder - aka @the.dreamfinder along with his brother Michael Snyder - aka @WDW1974 - made accusations against us and our years of writing. Especially the slanders towards Al Lutz. These are baseless and inflammatory. Al Lutz never had a ghostwriter.
To make matters worse, the Snyders brought in the name Troy Porter - aka @TP2000 - as the source of the ghostwriter. Troy Porter has never worked for Micechat, nor has Troy Porter ever written for Al Lutz. Before today, we had never heard the name Troy Porter. In our investigations, we did see a user by the name TP2000 register under the name “Troy Porter” in 2005 to post in our forums. This is the extent of our knowledge surrounding him and we feel sorry that he was innocently brought into all of this.
Again- none of this is true. It is just a long running feud that the Snyder’s have with Mr. Lutz rooted in jealousy. They have attempted to slander his name later in his life while he is having medical complications. This is despicable and we will not stand idly by and allow it to happen.

Thank you for your time
@photomatt

Not so hard- right? I think that’s the truth. But you drama queens just can’t have the fortitude to be forthcoming and just say it.

Edited to add: The other part of me thinks that the article is actually fully correct. TP lied already about his name being "Theme Parks". So was the lie to protect his identity (understandable, but odd, as the Snyders outed him already) or was it to try to damage control?

I suppose that when our hobby is one of Magic and fantasy, that people whose careers are built around said fantasy; that they can’t act like human beings grounded in reality.

Last edited:

Kevin_W

That article is very unfavorable towards Iger - i would argue and not even consistent with his performance at CEO - and also very insulting rather than being presented as objective.

I'm a few days late to the party, but that poster is unable to be anything but insulting. I blocked him here years ago, but other sites don't have that feature sadly.

Animaniac93-98

Not so hard- right? I think that’s the truth. But you drama queens just can’t have the fortitude to be forthcoming and just say it.

Trying to find a link, but I think it was an open secret that others have been writing under Al Lutz for some time? Not that MiceChat was a puppet of Zenia, but as I said in another thread MiceChat has an interest in keeping the brand of their #1 reporter in high esteem and that's why this article struck such a nerve with them.

andysol

Trying to find a link, but I think it was an open secret that others have been writing under Al Lutz for some time? Not that MiceChat was a puppet of Zenia, but as I said in another thread MiceChat has an interest in keeping the brand of their #1 reporter in high esteem and that's why this article struck such a nerve with them.
Ahh. So they don’t come and defend themselves in a logical manner because they’re actually unethical and that would expose them.

So instead, they make threats and act like petulant children and then say “never mind, move along”.

Time for Micechat to go the way of WDW boos today.

Brer Oswald

Even if TP is Troy Porter, And has done everything Spirit says he has, I wouldn’t even be mad. I’d be impressed. Mad props need to be given for working this intricate operation for that many years. And even after being thrown into the limelight, he STILL has most of us torn. Well done.

If he’s just a regular Disney fan, well, I haven’t seen him around before, but based on our banter here I enjoy his posts. They’ve given me a chuckle.

Monorail_Orange

@TP2000 is Troy Porter. We know that for certain.
Spirit outed him (they’ve met). And his posts align with him being Troy. 110%. Simple google searches will prove it (the Internet never forgets).

When TP made his initial post, I believed him. He could just be a normal guy brought into this for no reason whatsoever. No different than if me or you were brought into the fold. Note: my name isn’t hard to guess either. I’m a nobody, so being doxxed by spirit or anyone would mean nothing to me. Whatever. Similar to what TP/Troy hilariously said, I can welcome any guest with a .38 special or a glass of whisky.

But then micechat popped up. What doesn’t make sense is what @photomatt Did and still continues to do. Such as the below quote from @Ojo4

Why would the Bobs care at all about Troy if he’s just innocently thrown into the mix?

Micechat- you continue to make this WAY worse than what it is. You come in here, stir it all up with TP, confuse everyone, then say “move on”.
How about you come on and let us know about Troy and either implicate him or clear his name. Because as it stands, both sides; you and spirit, are implicating him.
Note: I still believe TP. And If he’s not implicated, and I’m Troy, I’m ****ed. You’re a better man than me.

And if he’s not implicated, then how about @the.dreamfinder come on and admit that your info is solid but your accusation was wrong. Or defend your accusations.

A bunch of spineless and petty individuals if I’ve ever seen them.
The only thing I disagree with you is that @TP2000 is Troy Porter as claimed by the Snyder article. He's been clear that the TP stands for Theme Park. I believe him because I've been here a LONG time...and I distinctly recall this episode is not the first time he's explained that. There is a Troy Porter who is likely in deep doo doo currently, but it's not our TP2000 on WDWMAGIC. There additionally seems to be a piece of evidence common to several accusers that has misled several people into mistaking or conflating Troy Porter with our TP2000.

Last edited:

MKCP 1985

To everyone still scrolling this thread, are there any particular answers we still expect to receive to any unanswered questions?

I remember reading several pages back that a number of Walt Disney Company “operatives” would be exposed for their ongoing roles as influence agents pretending to be fans of the Disney parks and products on the message boards.

Is that still a thing?

If not, who broke our trust either by pretending to be someone they were not or by telling us this scheme was going to come to light if it’s now a non-event?

Animaniac93-98

Ahh. So they don’t come and defend themselves in a logical manner because they’re actually unethical and that would expose them.

When Al left that's why they switched to "MiceAge Updates" for their Tuesday columns, so it was a bit odd that "Al Lutz" would come out of retirement to write a piece that anyone of their staff members could.

It's only unethical if they used his name without permission, while insisting it was him. He may have helped write the recent Star Wars piece.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom