Expert's Planned Attraction Updates?

JWG

Also, was there a capacity change from Alien Encounter to Stitch

Yes, 10,000 people per hour had the capacity to stomach Alien Encounter. 10 people per hour have the capacity to stomach Stich. In all seriousness, capacity means very little when it sits unutilized as Stitch does. What capacity it does cycle through is likely for the same reason it cycles me through - I guess if that's the only place with a 10 minute wait I'll do it.

Hmmm...perhaps they will dust off the Tink plans for the FL Skyway station from a few years back...

Where will I park my stroller and electric cart?

I can tell you what my second/ third hand info is...

The higher levels in Burbank are very antsy about:
- Lack of an attendance driver
- Lack of any real capacity boost via FLE
- The girl-centered nature of the FLE

What it all means? :shrug:

Funny, using this as reason to drop PH and add a "grassy knoll" doesn't seem to much help attendance or capacity. All though, it does equally disinterest young boys and girls. Seriously, glorified M&G's without any real attraction do little for me - and I do have a 4 year old daughter that I stand in the big tent with for 60 minutes each visit. I agree, it should both drive attendance and eat people (capacity). You do that with a solid attraction. Something that people want to go do (Like TSMM) and something that sucks them in when they decide to do so.

yoyoflamingo

Disneyland Fantasyland 1971
Matterhorn Bobsleds - E Ticket
it's a small world - E Ticket
Storybookland Canal Boats - D Ticket
Skyway to Tomorrowland - D Ticket
Peter Pan's Flight - C Ticket
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - C Ticket
Snow White's Scary Adventures - C Ticket
Alice in Wonderland - C Ticket
Casey Jr. Circus Train - C Ticket
Motorboat Cruise - B Ticket
Dumbo the Flying Elephant - B Ticket
Mad Tea Party - B Ticket
King Arthur's Carousel - B Ticket
Fantasyland Theater - B Ticket
Sleeping Beauty Castle Diorama - A Ticket

Magic Kingdom Fantasyland 1971
20K Leagues Submarine Voyage - E Ticket
it's a small world - E Ticket
Skyway to Tomorrowland - D Ticket
Peter Pan's Flight - C Ticket
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - C Ticket
Snow White's Scary Adventures - C Ticket
Dumbo the Flying Elephant - B Ticket
Mad Tea Party - B Ticket
Cinderella's Royal Carousel - B Ticket

Don't forget Mickey Mouse Revue.

Lee

Adventurer
I wonder if PH is considering being cut because of TDO, or because Imagineering maybe wanting to do something better, different, or more classic.
Imagineering has little to no say in the matter. They just build what the parks ask for and will pay for.

With capacity being an issue, does the park really need a big attendance driver before more, secondary capacity is added?
That's the tricky thing with FLE. It adds some capacity with Mermaid, a large restaurant and the M&Gs (though the hourly on those things is gonna be horrible). Plus, just having that much more pathway to spread guests out in will help. That was a big goal of the project, spreading the existing FL crowds out.
MK's capacity is not really a huge problem, it's more the localized FL overcrowding. The park itself can handle another major attraction, which will in itself provide capacity.

Where will I park my stroller and electric cart?
Yeah...we're gonna have to just go ahead and ban those altogether.

DisneyParksFan1

Imagineering has little to no say in the matter. They just build what the parks ask for and will pay for.

That's the tricky thing with FLE. It adds some capacity with Mermaid, a large restaurant and the M&Gs (though the hourly on those things is gonna be horrible). Plus, just having that much more pathway to spread guests out in will help. That was a big goal of the project, spreading the existing FL crowds out.
MK's capacity is not really a huge problem, it's more the localized FL overcrowding. The park itself can handle another major attraction, which will in itself provide capacity.

Yeah...we're gonna have to just go ahead and ban those altogether.

Sure hope they do... Those things look terribly ugly in front of Philharmagic...

SeaCastle

Could Park Ops re-open restaurants like the Adventureland Veranda and the Diamond Horseshoe to Guests? That seems like a (relatively) inexpensive way to add capacity. (Though re-opening the Veranda would require a bit more of work to re-open as an eatery.)

Lee

Adventurer
Could Park Ops re-open restaurants like the Adventureland Veranda and the Diamond Horseshoe to Guests? That seems like a (relatively) inexpensive way to add capacity. (Though re-opening the Veranda would require a bit more of work to re-open as an eatery.)

Could they? Sure.
But it seems they'd rather have fewer locations open and crowded.

KMcDill

Princesses assemble

Just FYI, my 16-year-old daughter, raised on the Disney Princesses, wants the expansion to have as many of the princesses represented as possible. She is completely jazzed on this thing, and we are holding off our next trip until they complete it.

DisneyNut2007

I can tell you what my second/ third hand info is...

The higher levels in Burbank are very antsy about:
- Lack of an attendance driver
- Lack of any real capacity boost via FLE
- The girl-centered nature of the FLE

What it all means? :shrug:

Could you please stop it with your big fat lies already?! :mad:

Steve, please ban Lee already!!! :mad:

Solid: One E-ticket attraction, resteraunts, double-dumbo, and hundreds of meet and greets

You folks NEED (yes, NEED) to stop dismissing the Belle, Aurora and Cinderella attractions as nothing more than meet-and-greets already! You already know darn well that they are going to be MUCH more than that, in that they'll be never-before-experienced types of experiences!

Lee

Adventurer
The meet and greets aren't going anywhere.
The western portion of the expansion will happen as advertised.

DisneyNut2007

Lee, we have to pray that the meet and greets are cut out of the expansion. Those make the plan look embarrassing, as if the parks didnt already have enough of those.

No, Headhoncho. You, Lee, et al are embarassing yourselves with your constant foolishness and discriminatory hatred towards the FLE! STOP IT NOW! :mad:

Let's all pray that you, Lee, etc. get banned from this forum sooner than later. :mad:

The meet and greets aren't going anywhere.
The western portion of the expansion will happen as advertised.
This is just sad. Are the executives in Burbank and Glendale not realizing what a joke this expansion is. The only interesting parts are TLM and the BATB restaurant. Everything else in this expansion should be reconfigured and the Meet and Greets should be trashed and replaced with attractions. Im hoping the Frontierland Expansion addressess these problems and adds an attraction that can compete with the Forbidden Journey because it doesnt seem that WDW will get any other attractions in the other 3 parks for a while.

AEfx

I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't have a problem with the M&G's. First, they look like they are going to be exquisitiely themed, and just having more themed areas in Fantasyland besides those silly tent things is awesome, second, the current tents look like garbage (and so do Mickey and Minnie's falling apart houses), and third - yet another place to attract all the kiddos away from the other attractions I want to experience. :)

trr1

This is just sad. Are the executives in Burbank and Glendale not realizing what a joke this expansion is. The only interesting parts are TLM and the BATB restaurant. Everything else in this expansion should be reconfigured and the Meet and Greets should be trashed and replaced with attractions. Im hoping the Frontierland Expansion addressess these problems and adds an attraction that can compete with the Forbidden Journey because it doesnt seem that WDW will get any other attractions in the other 3 parks for a while.
is there a frrontierland expantion comming? I would prefer an adventure land expansion myself

DisneyParksFan1

I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't have a problem with the M&G's. First, they look like they are going to be exquisitiely themed, and just having more themed areas in Fantasyland besides those silly tent things is awesome, second, the current tents look like garbage (and so do Mickey and Minnie's falling apart houses), and third - yet another place to attract all the kiddos away from the other attractions I want to experience. :)

Well I'm sure everyone is happy that there's detailed work being done with the meet and greets and I'm sure everyones glad that extensive theming is being added but in the end it isn't really enough. I mean why have a bunch of meet and greets when you could have these amazing shows/rides? I mean there's just no point to it. I, as many, don't know what TDO is thinking this time but it ain't good. And I'm glad Potter is making a strong impact because now TDO can open their eyes and justify it with the east side of the FYL expansion which is is still very fluid, and maybe make up for it with the rumored Frontierland expansion and if hey really aim to impress, Tomorrowland wouldn't be a bad place to fix up either.

TP2000

No, I was wondering if the original preliminary designs of a "european forest" for the MK Fantasyland might not have been similar to what they are going to do now. Specifically, were 20K, Dumbo and the sky ride added after Walt's death.

Here's that wonderful Florida Project 1966 film that Walt hosted six weeks before his death, filmed on October 27th, 1966. It features many plans and sketches of the Florida plans from WED as they were when Walt last worked on them.

Check out the 2:10 mark on this video, and you get a perfect view of the plans for what Walt called the "amusement theme park" that became Magic Kingdom Park. It's an exact cut and paste copy of Disneyland USA, circa 1966. :eek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxC_a7qnGi8&feature=related

Walt was far more interested in getting EPCOT going, and the theme park at the north end of the property was just the "wienie" he would use to get people down to Florida in order to see EPCOT. Walt apparently hadn't given the theme park much thought before he died, other than it being a clone of Disneyland as he knew it in the mid 60's.

Speaking of that... Happy 55th Birthday Disneyland! July 17th 1955 - July 17th 2010! :sohappy:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This is just sad. Are the executives in Burbank and Glendale not realizing what a joke this expansion is. The only interesting parts are TLM and the BATB restaurant. Everything else in this expansion should be reconfigured and the Meet and Greets should be trashed and replaced with attractions. Im hoping the Frontierland Expansion addressess these problems and adds an attraction that can compete with the Forbidden Journey because it doesn't seem that WDW will get any other attractions in the other 3 parks for a while.

TLM and the BATB restaurant may be the only parts that are of interest to you, and quite honestly these are the only parts that are going to appeal to me personally, but I really think the kids will LOVE these new interactive meet and greats. I think interacting with characters is one of the main things kids, especially young kids, remember from there visits. I think they are likely to be very popular and somethings kids talk about long after their vacation. This IMHO, is a win for Disney.

Dan

lebeau

No, there are many like you. M&Gs are popular. These enhanced experiences just may turn out to be even more so. But there's a vocal minority on the forums who don't appreciate them. Based on the lines for the current M&Gs, I don't believe the forums are representative of the general touring public at MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom