Expedition Everest - Yeti Spotted! Videos Are Available!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
peter11435 said:
I would say that is way overreacting. Especially considering you have not even ridden the attraction yet. You are basing that opinion on a poor quality video of an attraction that is not even finished yet.

....It has been well known for a very long time that the ride would not have on board audio or any soundtrack other than the natural sounds of the environment. Really what sense would it make for there to be some dramatic score playing while you supposedly in a mountain. I don't know many real mountains that come complete with surround sound.
its ok, maybe he is a Dino-Rama type

goofyfan13

peter11435 said:
I would say that is way overreacting. Especially considering you have not even ridden the attraction yet. You are basing that opinion on a poor quality video of an attraction that is not even finished yet.

It has been well known for a very long time that the ride would not have on board audio or any soundtrack other than the natural sounds of the environment. Really what sense would it make for there to be some dramatic score playing while you supposedly in a mountain. I don't know many real mountains that come complete with surround sound.

Excellent post!

I can't believe how many people are so quick to judge a ride by a freaking video! All that you can experience with a video(and a poor quality one at that) is sight and sound. Did you all forget about the other effects in the ride, how about the snow and the icy caverns?

Seriously, I just look at the video as a nice little teaser/promo, because there are so many more things that you'll be able to notice when riding. Notice how the only negative reviews are ones coming from people who haven't even ridden the ride yet, but instead watched a video in the comfort of their own home.

Some people just baffle me...:brick:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Akin to this...

Adventure Through Inner Space is beloved by Disneyland fans.. but lets be honest.. on video it looks like crap on a broken stick.

But, if it was really crap, would so many people be so willing to cut off body parts for it?

Amatuer videos don't do any ride justice.

GGETay

" I would say that is way overreacting. Especially considering you have not even ridden the attraction yet"

Well- likewise- what do you think is good about it? The story? Not so much. The ride? Nope. The effects? Definetly not. What particularly do you folks think looks good about it? Is it the bird?

"It has been well known for a very long time that the ride would not have on board audio or any soundtrack"

No, I haven't known for a very long time. I didn't even know until you mentioned it.

"Really what sense would it make for there to be some dramatic score playing while you supposedly in a mountain"

That's a stupid arguement. It's a SHOW. What Disney once did best was take these experiences and theatricalized them. A great musical score disappears against the backdrop of a great story and compelling environment.

I understand the intention was realism, but it doesn't matter. Fact is, a musical score doesn't diminish the realism for anyone, and it would certainly have been appropriate here.

Look at that moment when you go through the temple on the lift and sound effects with a musical quality to them are present- that's GREAT- one of the most effective moments of the ride. Imagine how the whole attraction could benefit from this type of treatment being consistent?

Montu

EpcotServo said:
\And Montu, please stop making fun of something you haven't been on. After you ride it, judge all you want. I could care less! Just don't judge a book by it's cover. (or in this case, don't judge a book by it's made for TV movie version of the story.)

Exactly how would you know whether or not I have ridden it?

"don't judge a book by it's made for TV movie version of the story"...

peter11435

Im starting to agree with EpcotServo that the video should have never been posted. Only because there are so many people out there who don't understand the difference between watching this video and a ride on the finished attraction.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
mousermerf said:
Akin to this...

Adventure Through Inner Space is beloved by Disneyland fans.. but lets be honest.. on video it looks like crap on a broken stick.

But, if it was really crap, would so many people be so willing to cut off body parts for it?

Amatuer videos don't do any ride justice.
completely agree. that is why im not freakin about this video leakage. if amatuer video and pictures were a complete experience, then nobody would travel around the world to see the sites, etc etc. travel brochures dont not put pictures in the catalogs for fear of people saying, "oh honey, look how beautiful that is.....ok, we've seen it, no use in going"

people want to see things in person. especially the fine details of something like this.

EDIT: a lot of rides look like crap on video. SSE is a fine example. PotC another

Spaciestacey30

Jose Eber said:
it does have an 80 foot drop...and I know one person who's ridden it that HATES drops (won't even go on Splash) and said he enjoyed it a lot, thought it was 'awesome, awesome, awesome'

J.

Thanks so much for letting me know...LOL..I already gave in and told her that I would try it. I told her if it had a big drop...it would be 60 seconds of pure hell..but I think I can get over that. I have already told her no about Mission Space a million times..I have to at least try this one!

Thanks again

~Stacey

Montu

GGETay said:
That's a stupid arguement. It's a SHOW. What Disney once did best was take these experiences and theatricalized them. A great musical score disappears against the backdrop of a great story and compelling environment.

I understand the intention was realism, but it doesn't matter. Fact is, a musical score doesn't diminish the realism for anyone, and it would certainly have been appropriate here.

Nope - Tay - they're right.

Look at attractions that have any type of score to them: The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror... just makes it tacky!

Indiana Jones Adventure... doesn't feel like a real temple at all - and WHY? Because real temples don't have surround sound! DUH!!!1!

Journey to the Center of the Earth? It's not a Journey at all! Unless it's a journey in my care with my CD player on! Ohhh Diss Disney! I'm sure everyone here will agree that Journey to the Center of the Earth would be MUCH more realistic if it was just natural mountain sounds.

Oh... Wait... What? No one here besides Taylor and Montu have ridden Journey to the Center of the Earth? But, I don't understand... I've seen so many people on here in the past talk about what an amazing park Tokyo DisneySea is. How would they know if they're basing it on pictures and video online? I mean, that's absurd - it's just sight and sound!

My god! It's like they're all judging a book by it's made for TV cover!!!

peter11435

Well- likewise- what do you think is good about it? The story? Not so much. The ride? Nope. The effects? Definetly not.

Without going through the attractions queue the story has not been set up for you at all. You can't for one second judge the ride (which requires motion) by sitting on your butt watching a 4 inch screen. As for the effects not all are seen in this video. What is seen is a good looking projection and an excelent AA.

No, I haven't known for a very long time. I didn't even know until you mentioned it.

Well then. Whos fault is that?

Then expalin to me why BTMMR does not have a musical score. If it doesn't fit you must omit.

I disagree.

EpcotServo

That's another one, Mission: Space. that ride looks horrid even if it's a great video. Oh well, since they seem to not like it they don't have to ride. More seats for me, Peter11345, Jose, and mkt. :lol:

ballewclan

GGETay said:
" I would say that is way overreacting. Especially considering you have not even ridden the attraction yet"

Well- likewise- what do you think is good about it? The story? Not so much. The ride? Nope. The effects? Definetly not. What particularly do you folks think looks good about it? Is it the bird?

"It has been well known for a very long time that the ride would not have on board audio or any soundtrack"

"Really what sense would it make for there to be some dramatic score playing while you supposedly in a mountain"

Look at that moment when you go through the temple on the lift and sound effects with a musical quality to them are present- that's GREAT- one of the most effective moments of the ride. Imagine how the whole attraction could benefit from this type of treatment being consistent?

Wow, dont you understand that you havent ridden it? Dont you understand that the ride is still possibly 4 months away from opening? Also, it is a SHOW, as you have said, it is suppose to be REAL, that is the show, not music in the background. Maybe if you were on the SOUL TRAIN then it would be appropriate for music but this is a STEAM DONKEY...and i dont associate steam or donkeys with onboard speakers...afterall it is a show, or a illusion of being in the Himilayas...GOSH

Lee

Adventurer
Just thinking out loud....
You know what I would've done?
I would have put an AA sherpa in the temple warning guests to turn back.
Maybe some blizzard projections during the backwards portion to add to the disorientation.

Again, not complaining...just bored and thinking out loud.

peter11435

Montu said:
Nope - Tay - they're right.

Look at attractions that have any type of score to them: The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror... just makes it tacky!

Indiana Jones Adventure... doesn't feel like a real temple at all - and WHY? Because real temples don't have surround sound! DUH!!!1!

Journey to the Center of the Earth? It's not a Journey at all! Unless it's a journey in my care with my CD player on! Ohhh Diss Disney! I'm sure everyone here will agree that Journey to the Center of the Earth would be MUCH more realistic if it was just natural mountain sounds.

Oh... Wait... What? No one here besides Taylor and Montu have ridden Journey to the Center of the Earth? But, I don't understand... I've seen so many people on here in the past talk about what an amazing park Tokyo DisneySea is. How would they know if they're basing it on pictures and video online? I mean, that's absurd - it's just sight and sound!

My god! It's like they're all judging a book by it's made for TV cover!!!
Why is it that you come off as arrogant in nearly every thread you start posting in.

wannab@dis

peter11435 said:
Why is that you come off as arrogant in nearly every thread you start posting in.
Many have asked the same question before...

Oh, notice GGETay is new (post count)... but yet, Montu addresses him as "Tay" and "Taylor"... interesting that they both jump in at the same time from opposite sides of the country and start blasting EE.

ballewclan

wannab@dis said:
Many have asked the same question before...

Oh, notice GGETay is new... but yet, Montu addresses him as "Tay" and "Taylor"... interesting that they both jump in at the same time from opposite sides of the country and start blasting EE.

I love your thinking...and i do quite agree about his arrogant-ness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom