Expedition Everest - Yeti Spotted! Videos Are Available!

EpcotServo

I'll be sure to report about "the bird" tomorrow. (Getting so close to riding....can't wait....:dazzle: ) And the site not being up is killing me! It's half way through the day and no updates. >_<

PBarton

EpcotServo said:
Yea.....it's a bird . (Knew you guys wouldn't like it....:lol: :zipit: )
It kinda looks like a bit of a distraction if anything! Riders should be concentrating on the ride, not wondering if they just saw a plastic bird lol

:lol:

bhg469

peter11435 said:
I don't know. It doesn't look like a bird to be at all.

edit: Forget that. Now that I watched it again you are right. It looks exactly like a bird.

I agree and i timed it, you spend more time with the AA bird than the actual AA yeti!

peter11435

PBarton said:
It kinda looks like a bit of a distraction if anything! Riders should be concentrating on the ride, not wondering if they just saw a plastic bird lol

:lol:
I don't know I still think I like it. I think a distraction is good. You see the broken track then get distracted by the bird, thus you are startled when you suddenly begin traveling backwards.

PBarton

peter11435 said:
I don't know I still think I like it. I think a distraction is good. You see the broken track then get distracted by the bird, thus you are startled when you suddenly begin traveling backwards.
Fair comment, although I don't know how the effect will work, or if it will be even noticable if you are sat at on the very back row of the car ??

mitchk

jeremy_angie said:
ok the good lord in heaven knows i hate to do this but which vid shows the yeti? and for the ppl who have seen the vids will you plz send me a pic of the yeti ? i got dial up and the first vid is in download still 2 hrs left and been downloading for 2 hrs!!!!!!! plz send me a pick!! and as far as some ppl not liking and some liking hey ppl lets not make this a bad thing!!! if you wanna see it look if not then dont. lets not get mad at ppl for doing what they love!!!!

Hey, I was fooling around with the play, and pause buttons, and actually got a few half decent shots of the Yeti. If you want me to send them to you send me your e-mail. I can send them as attached files.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
peter11435 said:
i dont mind a distraction....... but that thing looks stupid. i think that the skit on SNL with the guy and his hawk looks more realistic. the bird is going backwards. it looks like he is facing you...... then scoots backwards. i hope they do something with this....

missionspace

Is that it!

I guess I was expecting more! Just think what it could have been! First there should have been some real animals in the woods before the lift. I was expecting so much more, I would even go to say the BTM has more effects and props. I was thinking there would be snow. Even the music ain't all that great. I thought there woould be more to the woods, but it is just some plants, not a woods felling at all! I know they will grow but they need more. I was just expecting more effects in general, to compete with other parks and rides. Disney had the right idea for this ride but fell short! I would expect animals at AK you think. I hope the shop is better, and the mercahndise.:(

My thoughts!

EpcotServo

To me, the bird effect sounds alot like the Hatbox ghost from DL's mansion. It sounds like a great little effect, but due to postion/timing/space issues, just dosen't look as good as they thought it would.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
missionspace said:
I guess I was expecting more! Just think what it could have been! First there should have been some real animals in the woods before the lift. I was expecting so much more, I would even go to say the BTM has more effects and props. I was thinking there would be snow. Even the music ain't all that great. I thought there woould be more to the woods, but it is just some plants, not a woods felling at all! I know they will grow but they need more. I was just expecting more effects in general, to compete with other parks and rides. Disney had the right idea for this ride but fell short! I would expect animals at AK you think. I hope the shop is better, and the mercahndise.:(

My thoughts!
dont judge until official opening. all the effects are rumored not to be even working yet. and some are that totally blow (the bird behind broken track)

PBarton

jmaxwell007 said:
dont judge until official opening. all the effects are rumored not to be even working yet. and some are that totally blow (the bird behind broken track)
This bird may turn out to be more annoying than the Stitch voice-over on the Monorail !:D

tk421-sw

It's just my opinion that the ride, (though i havn't WATCHED the videos fully, just skimmed) looks awsome. And I can't waite to give everyone a full DVD quality video if the ride! This one has great promiss to be the best video Iv ever done. So, Ride looks, good, video's (I don't really feel they should be online right now, ) could be better quality, and I look forward to giving everyone that quality. :)

bhg469

I got a high res still of the yeti

review_sweetums_1.jpg

mitchk

Does anyone know if they take your picture anytime in the ride ( like Dinosaur, Splash Mountian, ToT....you know what I'm talking about.)

SirGoofy

*SPOILERS*If you want to know nothing do not read my post *SPOILERS*

Well I watched them. A couple observations. It looks much more thrilling than I expected. Much more speed involved. I was expecting a little faster than BTM, this seems to go really fast. The bird is the lamest thing I've ever seen. No wing movement? Come on. The projection is awesome. The yeti moves a lot like an ape, which is what I expected it to move like. I couldn't really get a good look at the AA so I can't really say wether I'm impressed or disappointed. Overall I think it look as good as it was meant to be. Definately one of the best themed rides I've seen. The mountain looks incredible. I didn't really get a good look of the inside of the fortress/temple thing, but I'm sure it looks great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom