Expedition Everest: Ride Review, que floops, Tarzan last shows, and Yeti Paint? Pics!

SirGoofy

Thanks for the update! I can't wait to ride in June...

But there is something that's bothering me. All that merchandize with the white yeti. Why? Why can't they just put the brown one on there. I hope they have some new shirts in June.

RnRJoe6114

SirGoofy said:
Thanks for the update! I can't wait to ride in June...

But there is something that's bothering me. All that merchandize with the white yeti. Why? Why can't they just put the brown one on there. I hope they have some new shirts in June.

The whole color thing is bothering me to. Are they trying to keep with peoples stereotype that all Yetis are white and because they live in snow that they can't be any other color? They get dirty too people.

EDIT: 600th post!!!!

maxime29

Premium Member
Hate to change the subject, but am I the only one who doesn't mind Tarzan leaving? It's an okay show, but I think there could have been improvements. I don't know what to say about the Nemo show, but hopefully it will be a good show. What is the estimate of the time of construction on the theater?

ToTBellHop

maxime29 said:
Hate to change the subject, but am I the only one who doesn't mind Tarzan leaving? It's an okay show, but I think there could have been improvements. I don't know what to say about the Nemo show, but hopefully it will be a good show. What is the estimate of the time of construction on the theater?
good riddens to Tarzan...granted it's better than...dare I say it...Journey into Jungle Book, the show with a clear grammatical error in the title (and it was downhill from there). It actually sounds like Tarzan (or someone with a similar handle on the English language) named that show...

Nemo is premiering in the late fall...probably November, the same time his ride at the Living Seas is opening.

Blizz

maxime29 said:

Yes, you are the only one. LOL. I think the show would have been a million times better if it was the same show but without Turk. When he came out it always killed the show for me. That and adding some better air conditioning is all the imporvements I could ask for. The music was great (gotta love Billy Flanigan -- btw, does anyone know where he is headed?), the lighting and rigging was awesome (better then anything I've ever worked on), and the show concept was great. It is very sad to see it go for me, because it along with Lion King are the two most over looked shows. They are amazing but yet many pass them by for a crappy ride in Hester and Chesters Dinorama.

tk421-sw

Original Poster
ksccar said:
tk-421sw, are there any other drops other than the 80ft one??
Well. not any drops, per-say, but backward dips as well as a fast dip at the very begining, like when you exit the mine on Thunder mountain, and one like that (smaller) when you get to the top, but It is still very thrilling.!

maxime29

Premium Member
ISTCNavigator57 said:
good riddens to Tarzan...granted it's better than...dare I say it...Journey into Jungle Book, the show with a clear grammatical error in the title (and it was downhill from there). It actually sounds like Tarzan (or someone with a similar handle on the English language) named that show...

Nemo is premiering in the late fall...probably November, the same time his ride at the Living Seas is opening.
Thanks for the info Kyle.

Have you visited those schools in your signature yet? That was going to be my only advice regarding your college choice.

zone15int

RnRJoe6114 said:
The whole color thing is bothering me to. Are they trying to keep with peoples stereotype that all Yetis are white and because they live in snow that they can't be any other color? They get dirty too people.

EDIT: 600th post!!!!

When I was on the ride, the yeti looked dirty white to me. I think it's the show lighting that makes it look that way. I looked at the yeti photo from Jim Hill's site and the color was dark brown. Disney's attractions look different with worklights on and off.

se8472

zone15int said:
When I saw that bird, first thought was.... Incoming!! squaaaaaaa!!

and then it ate the track...and was coming for the people in the front row! ME!

and OMG after you left today...lets just say its been desided we don't date outside our houses now.

zone15int

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
Is that really Rhode on the cover it really looks like him!

I was convinced it was him but it apparently is not. It wasn't Rick Rothschild either. :animwink: I did see him after the ride was reset on friday. I was in the back row and I saw him running around the loading dock. I wanted to say, "Hey Rick, I remember you from Stitch's Great Escape." Except I figured his answer to me would have been "SHUT UP!" :p

zone15int

se8472 said:
and then it ate the track...and was coming for the people in the front row! ME!

and OMG after you left today...lets just say its been desided we don't date outside our houses now.

Don't be like that Mr. Hufflepuff. :p

Dizparks

tk421-sw said:
10052731zr.jpg

can anyone say Joe Rhode?

Is it just me or is Confronting spelled "C9NFR9NTING" on the cover of that book. Maybe that's why there's a yellow sticker, but if it's a real book then I guess they just printed out a cover to make it look like that book. Hmmm...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
brian19862002 said:
Is it just me or is Confronting spelled "C9NFR9NTING" on the cover of that book. Maybe that's why there's a yellow sticker, but if it's a real book then I guess they just printed out a cover to make it look like that book. Hmmm...

Looks like an "o" with a "dot" under it rather than a "9".

Mr Bill

tk421-sw said:
Second, This sad piece,
10052747pv.jpg

Yeah, who knows who typed that..:lookaroun

I thought you had just circled this in your picture, but when I went today, I noticed that the word is actually circled on the sign.

zone15int

Mr Bill said:
I thought you had just circled this in your picture, but when I went today, I noticed that the word is actually circled on the sign.

Misspelling is not all too unusual for Disney projects. When Astro Orbiter was down for rehab last year, the sign to advertise that it was closed had an error. It said: "Astro Orbiter is closed for refurbishment, please visit The Magic Carpets Of Alladin in AdventureLand." or something. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom