News Expedition Everest refurbishment in 2022

natatomic

Looking at the video from blog mickey, I see no bird, disco yeti is still dancin, no real visible changes or improvements

Just *** did they do?
Hey now. Hair ties are notoriously difficult to move. I have them laying all over my house - ask my husband how long it takes me to pick them up.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Not saying I agree with it but they were pretty open from the beginning that there would be no visible changes. This downtime was entirely software/ride system upgrades.
They were clear about the work being done, agreed. But… they couldn’t even have a few maintenance people do some clean up for a few hours during the last 3 months? Unless trains were running during the day every day, I can’t fathom a reasonable explanation for that.

Tom Morrow

The reason is... money. Everest could run with no effects, audio, with the lights on, and completely covered in bird crap and people would still ride it because roller coaster. They see it as, why spend money when people will ride it anyway?

The old WDW would recognize that it's still worth making it look good, but the new WDW doesn't care.

JusticeDisney

Huh? I think it’s crazy that it was IAS to begin with. They need to have more rides on regular Genie+ to make that worthwhile. It’s so weird that they only gad one IAS ride at DL from the start when that park has massive ride capacity while they were forcing 2 rides into the program at every WDW park where the parks have insufficient capacity.

Everest on G+ makes it a good bit more valuable for DAK.
I’m not looking at it that way. I simply want a way to ride the top attractions without waiting in line, and I have no problem paying for it. That said, IMO, EE and FOP are far and away the two best attractions at AK so I would prefer that they both be available for IAS.

thelookingglass

Appalling, but not surprising that they did literally nothing to improve the ride visually other than sweep up the hair ties, a task that should have been done weekly all along. The entire top portion of the ride looks like absolute garbage. WDW refurbishments are such wasted opportunities, it's disgraceful.

JoeCamel

Appalling, but not surprising that they did literally nothing to improve the ride visually other than sweep up the hair ties, a task that should have been done weekly all along. The entire top portion of the ride looks like absolute garbage. WDW refurbishments are such wasted opportunities, it's disgrace
Nope...
Somebody launched a hair band......

Speaking of that, it looks like they made zero effort during this refurbishment to remove some of them or clean some of the rocks at the top of the mountain

They really should have at least repainted the top track area. It looks disgusting. All of the grime and rust stains are still there and it's super faded.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm also noticing a pattern of opening attractions "ahead of schedule" resulting in consistent unreliability over the last few years...
It didn't really open ahead of schedule. Disney originally said mid-April and I think it was April 15 it finally opened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom