Expedition Everest is SCARY!

brertigger

JustinTheClaw said:
15 seconds would be, like, a 1000 ft drop...good guess though.

OK. Bad estimate on my part, sorry.
It is really just a couple of seconds long (I think I was adding some of the time you see they Yeti projection, for some reason).

Oops. That would be a very long drop, wouldn't it?

sandyvillacis

It was a bit scarier than i anticipated...

I had heard about it so much, i even did a video ride through but nothing compares to actually riding it. I'm not a big fan of roller coasters, although i love Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, and absolutely love Rockin Roller Coaster. Once i got on this one i knew from that moment that i would be scared cuz the restrains go over your legs only, and there is really nothing to hold on to,nothing to get your hands to get a grip on. Then we moved up really high up and i knew it was high when i could see all the other parks from a distance. WOW!! i panicked a bit, then we started to move really fast, i did love the part when it goes backwords, i thought that was a nice touch, and i knew after that came the BIG drop, boy, i'm mostly scared of the drops. Once it happend, i felt myself lift up a little from the seat, wow, if you see our picture u would crap up, my sister-in-law looks like she is crying, holding on to her husband, my husband looks like something out of a horror movie, i looks completely out of it, the only 2 people who came out with their eyes open were my nephew (11 years old, of course not scared of anything) and my brother in-law, they both raised their hands and enjoy the drop. WOW i;m not sure i would ride it again, but it was an exciting ride. I'm glad i rode it.

dandaman

Quick question: Where is the photo location on E:E? (And, if you know, what side... I have a firm grounding in looking right at the camera and hamming it up. :lookaroun :D)

BRER STITCH said:
I love all rides and have no problem with most, but I actually got a headache and had a feeling of dizziness after riding Expedition Everest. It was kind of like how I felt after riding Mission:Space.

I think maybe it was the backward portion of the ride, as I had only ever previously experienced that feeling after riding the "Boomerang" coaster at Six Flags, which also takes the rider backwards at high speed. :veryconfu

Hey....not everything is for everybody, and once was enough for me on all three of those.

:king:
I agree. I feel the same way getting off of Mission: Space and Expedition Everest.

I don't remember the Boomerang making me feel like that, but it's been so long since I've been on it that I can't remember.

brertigger

dandaman said:
Quick question: Where is the photo location on E:E? (And, if you know, what side... I have a firm grounding in looking right at the camera and hamming it up. :lookaroun :D)

**SPOILER ALERT**

The camera is located after you have gone backwards. You will see the Yeti projection ripping up the tracks, then begin moving forwards quickly. Right after you go over the edge, the camera will be on the right side (as you are facing down the drop). There will be a number of flashes, as it takes about 4-5 pictures of the whole train.

**End of spoiler**

magicfan said:
I think the reason people say it was too short is because there weren't as many big thrills as they would have liked
I think that ties in with the fact that many people consider the start of the ride the moment it first goes backward, and that's not true.

**SPOILER ALERT**

The calm rolling trip through the forest and the mountain are actually part of the ride. They are there to give you a false sense of security before you reach the end of the track and plummet backwards into the mountain.

**END OF SPOILER**

(Thank you BrerTigger for the "spoiler alert" idea) :)

magicfan

JustinTheClaw said:
many people consider the start of the ride the moment it first goes backward

Because that's when they first receive some of the thrills they're looking for LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom