Expedition Everest Height Requirement

dandaman

44"? Wow, that seems like a pretty low height requirement. I feel sorry for the (non-thrill-seeking) kids of parents who force them onto rides...

JEDIsney

Good, and I'm safe at 5'10". And my best friend, who is already afraid to go on it, makes it past 44" as well, so she'll be dragged on with me, because I know if she goes on it, then she'll love it. Except for Tower of Terror, bringing her on that with me was a one-time mistake. She's 16, too.

SirGoofy

dandaman said:
44"? Wow, that seems like a pretty low height requirement. I feel sorry for the (non-thrill-seeking) kids of parents who force them onto rides...

It's about the same as all the other "big thrill" rides in WDW, except for RnRC which is 48".

Bellhop Jer

44" is reasonable for such a big coaster! I think I will have to drag my little nephew on it with me next time he comes down to vist me! I told him that there were fireworks and cheeseburgers at the top of Tower of Terror, and that got him on it, yet he has never spoken about it since.... I wonder what I am going to have to tell him this time to get him on it?....lol

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Looks like my youngest will have to eat her Wheaties if she wants to grow the 4" she needs to get on EE.....maybee a little MiracleGro in her milk...... :lookaroun

Master Yoda said:
Looks like my youngest will have to eat her Wheaties if she wants to grow the 4" she needs to get on EE.....maybee a little MiracleGro in her milk...... :lookaroun

My brother will have to grow also. He needs about 2 or 3 inches to hop on the ride... Be sure to bring some tall bulky shoes :p

The height requirement topic reminded me of something. I often go to Six Flags New England, and there, not only do they have a height requirement for a lot of rides, they have a height limit. I think it is somewhere around 6'5" or so. I am 5'8", so this doesn't pertain to me, but do any other theme parks have this limitation? I have been to my share of parks, but I have never seen it other than Six Flags New England.

MCBRIZZ5

adamthegetupkid said:
The height requirement topic reminded me of something. I often go to Six Flags New England, and there, not only do they have a height requirement for a lot of rides, they have a height limit. I think it is somewhere around 6'5" or so. I am 5'8", so this doesn't pertain to me, but do any other theme parks have this limitation? I have been to my share of parks, but I have never seen it other than Six Flags New England.
Cedar Point has a weight limit on some rides like Millenium and being 6'2 I couldn't fit on Corkscrew because the OTSR were to low. I don't think it is enforced for every ride though just some.

dandaman

SirGoofy said:
It's about the same as all the other "big thrill" rides in WDW, except for RnRC which is 48".

Was just reading into that. 40" for ToT?! Now that I remember, I can recall most of the WDW thrill rides to have low height requirements... it's just a seat belt, anyways, so I guess there wouldn't have to be many regulations in that department.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
dandaman said:
Was just reading into that. 40" for ToT?! Now that I remember, I can recall most of the WDW thrill rides to have low height requirements... it's just a seat belt, anyways, so I guess there wouldn't have to be many regulations in that department.
If I am not mistaken the restraint system is the primary factor in the ride height.

Connor002

Master Yoda said:
If I am not mistaken the restraint system is the primary factor in the ride height.

I believe they also use the height requirement to select the general age group they want on the ride, I.E.- when it was decided that SGE was too scary for younger children they raised the height requirement

SpenceMan01

Pixiedust1393 said:
My brother will have to grow also. He needs about 2 or 3 inches to hop on the ride... Be sure to bring some tall bulky shoes :p
No. Please don't. As a former (non-Disney) ride op, I've really gained respect for these awesome machines. The height requirement is there for your safety. Doing things like getting tall shoes or putting little girls' hair in a pony tail straight up off the top of their head so that they meet height requirements is not cool. When you do so, you're endangering their lives and their yours as well. The restraints are designed to hold people in a range of sizes. If you get someone in there that is outside of that range, you're taking a risk of them not being safely restrained. They could fly out (however unlikely it may be) and injure themselves, and quite possibly injure other riders as well. I'm surprised at how many parents want to put their children in danger just for a few minutes of fun. So please, do them, yourself and your fellow parkgoers a favor and don't risk injury by trying to sneak your child onto the ride. It's just not worth it.

MouseMadness

Master Yoda said:

My husband drank some when he was little. :eek: (Why do they make it that tempting, delicious looking shade of blue? :veryconfu)

He's now 6'4" :lol: :lookaroun

AEfx

SpenceMan01 said:
No. Please don't. As a former (non-Disney) ride op, I've really gained respect for these awesome machines. The height requirement is there for your safety. Doing things like getting tall shoes or putting little girls' hair in a pony tail straight up off the top of their head so that they meet height requirements is not cool. When you do so, you're endangering their lives and their yours as well. The restraints are designed to hold people in a range of sizes. If you get someone in there that is outside of that range, you're taking a risk of them not being safely restrained. They could fly out (however unlikely it may be) and injure themselves, and quite possibly injure other riders as well. I'm surprised at how many parents want to put their children in danger just for a few minutes of fun. So please, do them, yourself and your fellow parkgoers a favor and don't risk injury by trying to sneak your child onto the ride. It's just not worth it.

Yup. Just like people who insist they must go 95MPH on the highway "to survive". There is a speed limit, it's set for a reason, just like height requirements, but unfortunately it may take a tragedy for them to realize the laws of physics apply to them as well.

I'm not a "follow the rules no matter what because it's a rule" type, but I do have a good sense of self-preservation - and I would assume this would extend to my children, if I had any. When a rule is there to protect me or my loved one from dying, I'm gonna be a cautious cookie and assume the engineers who decide such things know what they are talking about.

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom