Expedition Everest effects status watch

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
When we rode last week the lights were on also. Had never seen that before! Yeti was huge!
He looks so small and scared with the strobes, like he doesn't want us to see him. With the flood lights, it's like he's saying, "HERE I AM! LOOK AT ME!!!"

Spike-in-Berlin

The main point of this thread is the fact that the Yeti is broken.

Not exactly, the Yeti is broken since this thread exists, where is the reason to have a thread for ten years! about something that doesn't change at all. Yes I know, the LIGHTING around the Yeti changes sometimes, but does that rectify a thread for ten years? The very special thing about EE and this thread is, that there are about half a dozen other "effects" that work only temporarily, such highly elaborate SFX like WATERFALLS, FOG and the BIRD at the broken track (yes I am slightly sarcastic here). They are the main reason for this thread. Not to talk about effects that haven't worked for years, sometimes were already broken after months and never ever fixed again, like the "snow" blown of the summit.

Castle Cake Apologist

Not exactly, the Yeti is broken since this thread exists, where is the reason to have a thread for ten years! about something that doesn't change at all. Yes I know, the LIGHTING around the Yeti changes sometimes, but does that rectify a thread for ten years? The very special thing about EE and this thread is, that there are about half a dozen other "effects" that work only temporarily, such highly elaborate SFX like WATERFALLS, FOG and the BIRD at the broken track (yes I am slightly sarcastic here). They are the main reason for this thread. Not to talk about effects that haven't worked for years, sometimes were already broken after months and never ever fixed again, like the "snow" blown of the summit.

It's incredible how simple it is to just not click on this thread if it really gets you that bothered. My goodness.

MKCP 1985

It has indeed been a decade now and for years I held out hope the Yeti would be fixed once the park had another draw - Pandora - but made my peace with the fact the swooping Yeti is not coming back.

A recently retired VP of Imagineering, Jack Blitch, was a lead PM on Everest, maybe THE lead PM, and I had the opportunity to visit with him at length earlier this spring with the end result being my understanding Disney does not have an answer and has decided not to go back to the way things started.

I rode Everest for the first time in years this past weekend and it was a fun ride.

I've made my peace with this issue, have moved on and am glad to have seen Everest in its first months before things broke and were never fixed. Glad to have seen Flight of Passage and Navi River Journey in the same condition.

10 years of stickied thread may be long enough and this thread could retire its "sticky" status, perhaps.

Shane isn't coming back and the Yeti isn't getting fixed to its original abilities.

Doug Means

It has indeed been a decade now and for years I held out hope the Yeti would be fixed once the park had another draw - Pandora - but made my peace with the fact the swooping Yeti is not coming back.

A recently retired VP of Imagineering, Jack Blitch, was a lead PM on Everest, maybe THE lead PM, and I had the opportunity to visit with him at length earlier this spring with the end result being my understanding Disney does not have an answer and has decided not to go back to the way things started.

I rode Everest for the first time in years this past weekend and it was a fun ride.

I've made my peace with this issue, have moved on and am glad to have seen Everest in its first months before things broke and were never fixed. Glad to have seen Flight of Passage and Navi River Journey in the same condition.

10 years of stickied thread may be long enough and this thread could retire its "sticky" status, perhaps.

Shane isn't coming back and the Yeti isn't getting fixed to its original abilities.
its not?

MKCP 1985

I saw Logan earlier this year and Shane still hasn't come back, even in whatever future year that movie is supposedly set. If it wasn't clear from my earlier post, Mr. Blitch is retired and anything I understood from that conversation is unofficial and not the position of the Walt Disney company or Walt Disney Imagineering. He's a great guy to talk with.

Kevin_W

New to this thread. I never had the chance to ride EE when the yeti was working, so I don't know what I'm missing. I do, however, miss the bird at the top. It's a little thing, and if I hadn't know it was supposed to be there I probably wouldn't care. But it still bugs me because it's cannot be that hard.

BlindChow

New to this thread. I never had the chance to ride EE when the yeti was working, so I don't know what I'm missing. I do, however, miss the bird at the top. It's a little thing, and if I hadn't know it was supposed to be there I probably wouldn't care. But it still bugs me because it's cannot be that hard.
I hated the bird. It looked awful. Not even as good as a cartoon (at least a cartoon would be animated).

The ride is better without Bird-Stick.

CHOX

I can't wait to see the Yeti (in whatever form that may be). I've wanted to ride EE since it's opening and am finally getting the chance next February.

But I am convinced it'll be down for refurb by then to fix the big man.

KBLovedDisney

But I am convinced it'll be down for refurb by then to fix the big man.
Erm....not sure what the chances of that will be. I don't think they have scheduled any refurbs for it. I think we would have heard something by now. Um @marni1971? Do you happen to know if there are any updates on refurbs for EE?

(I apologize if this has already been mentioned or asked...I didn't want to go back through several hundred pages to find out. I am lazy.)

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Erm....not sure what the chances of that will be. I don't think they have scheduled any refurbs for it. I think we would have heard something by now. Um @marni1971? Do you happen to know if there are any updates on refurbs for EE?

(I apologize if this has already been mentioned or asked...I didn't want to go back through several hundred pages to find out. I am lazy.)
If I recall correctly it's going to be 2018 when they shut down. Read that a few pages back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom