Expedition Everest effects status watch

Professortango1

4 times during Christmas Season? The parks MUST be deserted!

When we were there this summer it was a walk on. We did Kilimanjaro twice, Everest 4 times, saw all the shows, went to Conservation Station, even rode Primeval Whirl and Kali River Rapids. We wanted to stay for the nighttime additions, but we got bored with waiting seeing as we had done everything by 2.

Yert3

Yeah, and Dinosaur now looks as good as it did when it opened, but wait, the freakin' bird on a stick still isn't working so everything sucks!!

I pay closer attention to show quality and upkeep than anyone I know, nearly every ride looks better than it did 5 years ago. Even Everest does - there was a point when they cut down all the landscaping around it and it looked barren for two years. The parks in general are looking pretty great. And that's why this thread remaining stickied annoys the crap out of me, it continues to reinforce the idea that "WDW is falling apart" but this just isn't true.
I agree with you 100%. 2012 was an all time low for WDW. I've noticed ever since then, quality and upkeep has gone up substantially, at least, in my opinion. I go to the parks about once a month (I'm a local now.) and they look the best they have looked in a long long time.

Sabi

Hello everyone. For me the theme of the Yeti, is a lost topic. What really shame me is that the other effects, especially concerning the fog of entry and exit to the cave, she has completely disappeared. That effect was greatly immersive. And it is not understood that an effect as simple as the vaporized water has not had continuity.:(

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
IIRC the misters had to be turned off because the constant dampness was causing track problems.

Sabi

Well, I know ... but today there are anti-corrosion treatments, which with a simple maintenance could allow the effect to continue, you just have to see the Hogwart train in the Universal Studio ... how much smoke. See video from minute 3:00

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well, I know ... but today there are anti-corrosion treatments, which with a simple maintenance could allow the effect to continue, you just have to see the Hogwart train in the Universal Studio ... how much smoke. See video from minute 3:00

I don't think the issues was corrosion. I seem to remember the water mist causing sensor issues.

Musicman20

10 years is a little crazy!

I remember seeing Everest being built in 2005...I could see (I THINK....) the track right at the top from the car park. I wondered how on earth they had engineered such a crazy idea on such a huge scale. Back then I probably would have been weary to ride it, but I've been on it around 10 times now and love it. I've never seen the Yeti move or the misting work.

Why on earth they have left this for TEN years is crazy. Yes, I understand it takes a lot of work, and the misters may cause safety concerns and/or sensor issues, but c'mon, it can be solved.

Disney are always at the top of the game, especially for detail, but HP at Universal, and the speed at which Universal are building the Race Through New York/Jimmy Fallon ride and Volcano Bay is crazy.

In October 2015 we experienced Twister at Universal. In March 2016 they started on Race Through New York. Pictures of it now show huge development in that time. Heck, since seeing the building work in Oct 2016, the latest pictures show massive changes already.

C'mon Disney. You got this!

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
So, a friend of mine says that he heard the yeti was "Too scary" and that the lung frightened people too much. I then went on a 45 minute rant. He fell asleep. Not effects related, but still a funny story

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom