Expedition Everest effects status watch

Doug Means

i don't understand how a thread like the "skyliner" thread can talk about all this other stuff and keep going, but this thread doesn't . For example: if they fix the yeti, isn't it likely that it will swing its arm, hit a person knocking them into some water somewhere near it where the alligators/crocodiles will eat that person? No one ever complains about the lack of AC on the coaster either.

Tom Morrow

i don't understand how a thread like the "skyliner" thread can talk about all this other stuff and keep going, but this thread doesn't . For example: if they fix the yeti, isn't it likely that it will swing its arm, hit a person knocking them into some water somewhere near it where the alligators/crocodiles will eat that person? No one ever complains about the lack of AC on the coaster either.
It's because there's absolutely nothing left to say but wdwmagic refuses to un-sticky this thread so people keep periodically chiming in with useless info.

Dunston

I wonder what will come first, and which would be better: Replacement for Chester and Hester, or a yeti-fixing refurbishment for Everest. Both have been a loooong time coming...

Tom Morrow

Rode last night, a few notes:
  • both waterfalls working
  • steam still under repair
  • hair ties appear to have been recently cleaned up
  • prayer flags at broken track scene could be replaced (this is not out of show, however - they are meant to deteriorate)
  • ride audio seemed louder and more prominent than before
  • some time over the last several months, I believe more trees have been planted along the ride track. I do remember there was a clearing of land between the first and second lift a few months ago, and now we have a thick patch of trees. Originally, the ride track was lined with tall, thick patches of bamboo. This proved to be troublesome because they had a tendency to snap and fall over in Florida's thunderstorms. They were all cut down and the ride track was very barren for longer than it should have been. This was around 2012-ish. Gradually over the next few years, more and more shrubbery was added back, and now, patches of short trees as well. The ride track is once again lush and beautiful.

Look at me, posting in the thread I hate. But I want to demonstrate that they don't neglect the ride just because the yeti doesn't work.

NickMaio

There are better odds of finding Jimmy Hoffa's body than getting that Yeti fixed.

So sad that WDW is content with leaving this otherwise amazing ride this way.

It WAS a very cool and groundbreaking.... literally....effect.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Does this mean the yeti is gonna be retrofitted into Thanos????

NormC

Would love to see him fixed but maybe, just maybe he is logistically difficult to fix which would involve ripping half of the mountain out?
No need to rip any of the mountain out. There is a maintenance door back there. They put him in after the mountain was built so they can get him back out.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Epcot_Imagineer

@Doug Means is correct. The animatronic has been completely removed at least once.
I do remember this happening. I forget what it was said was happening to the AA... time to search this thread for awhile. On another note, it's sad that the "bad foundation" rumor is still spread around so much; just saw it in a thread someone made and didn't have the energy to correct them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom