Expedition Everest effects status watch

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
While I understand the concept of mechanical stress, can't they at least turn his head back on?
That...would definitely scare me.

And use StoryMaker tech while you're at it. The ride reads your MagicBand, and as you pass the Yeti, it turns it's head and calls you by name... in Madame Leota's sing-songy voice.

Fixt!

Professortango1

You've never ridden it?
It's perhaps my favorite - my family's favorite ride.
With or without functional Yeti, the ride is a blast.
And yes, you go by the static Yeti so quickly, that you might miss him.
I missed it the first time, and my son had to point it out to me the second go 'round.
Of course, it would have been unmissable when it functioned - but my point is - the ride is still a great ride.
The cue, the foothills...
Love the whole thing.

I was a bit disappointed. I love the look of the mountain, just thought the ride was too choppy and never had a chance to grow to a nice escalation of energy. I still prefer the Matterhorn Bobsleds as an attraction.

Incomudro

I was a bit disappointed. I love the look of the mountain, just thought the ride was too choppy and never had a chance to grow to a nice escalation of energy. I still prefer the Matterhorn Bobsleds as an attraction.

One of the things I really like about it IS that it is broken up into segments, and doesn't function as a simple roller coaster.
It unfolds like a story or movie.

MJ6987

What are the chances of the Yeti EVER being fully fixed?

Do Disney / Imagineering have plans or even aspirations to fix it one day or are they resigned to it remaining as is now?

Would it require the ride being non-operational for a long length of time? If so, how long?

Corgi

What are the chances of the Yeti EVER being fully fixed?

Do Disney / Imagineering have plans or even aspirations to fix it one day or are they resigned to it remaining as is now?

Would it require the ride being non-operational for a long length of time? If so, how long?

I think they want to, but it’s just not anywhere near the top of the list of their priorities. If you think about it, it doesn’t make much sense financially to spend millions of dollars fixing a coaster that can still work and bring in guests just fine, when you can spend that money making new attractions and expanding your parks to rope even more guests in.

From what I’ve gathered it could take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years fixing the yeti. But I’m no Disney Imagineer, so it’s impossible to tell.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think they want to, but it’s just not anywhere near the top of the list of their priorities. If you think about it, it doesn’t make much sense financially to spend millions of dollars fixing a coaster that can still work and bring in guests just fine, when you can spend that money making new attractions and expanding your parks to rope even more guests in.

From what I’ve gathered it could take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years fixing the yeti. But I’m no Disney Imagineer, so it’s impossible to tell.
It could actually be done during third shift over a weekend without any closure to the attraction at all.

Problem is, it carries a pretty significant price tag.

yensidtlaw1969

Heck, I'll be riding EE for the first time this November. Sad I won't see the Yeti in A mode, but not many did and, from what I understand, you went past it so quickly that you barely had time to register the movement anyway. Certainly the close-up video of it online proved it had some spectacularly-fluid movement for such a large AA figure, though.
There was definitely time to register the movement -- it was hard to get a good clear look at the yeti himself, which added to the mythical quality of the beast, but you knew whatever you were seeing was big, fast, and MAD. It made a genuinely thrilling impression. Difficult to believe what you were seeing wasn't a real creature.

Now it's even more difficult to get a look at what's there, and I hear a number of people say they didn't even realize there was anything there at all. It's pretty tragic.

prfctlyximprct

D678A593-97C5-4BB5-A6FA-5A42B6C85AA1.png

Stripes

Yes they could.
I wouldn't want them to just restore a little bit of animation though cause I feel like management would say "Good enough," and we'd never see it shine like it once did. If they didn't have that mindset then by all means give it something, but I'm afraid they do.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I wouldn't want them to just restore a little bit of animation though cause I feel like management would say "Good enough," and we'd never see it shine like it once did. If they didn't have that mindset then by all means give it something, but I'm afraid they do.
It didn’t look bad, not that I’d be happy with a little as opposed to doing it right.

cjkeating

...for how many years now?

The last tests I saw were pretty good and they were a few years ago.

I know it could be fixed without the ride closing... but I assume it will never happen until there is a full ride refurbishment? It has to happen eventually?!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom