Expedition Everest effects status watch

bhg469

I'm almost afraid to ask the question, but... after riding EE last week, the Yeti looks GRAYER than I remember. Is it age? Dust? Burned out bulbs on the disco lights? I'm not sure...

I miss "A mode" Yeti tremendously but the rest of the ride seemed decent (minus the hair bands).
Never got to see it, like many many many many many many many others.

Musicman20

I have never seen A mode. I distinctly remember visiting Orlando in Summer 2005 when I had just finished studying. My family got a group of us together in a villa and it was the perfect way to end my University days here in the UK. We had two great weeks.

I can remember looking up in the parking lot at DAK and my whole family seeing the almost complete EE, and we were all in awe of how good it looked. It may have had a few cranes, but even before it was finished it was a fantastic sight. I still think now I've had many rides on it that the entire ride is fantastic, despite A mode being long gone.

I've now been a fair few times since 2015, but still, I had a long break from 2005 - 2015 and I don't know how I handled that!

bhg469

I have never seen A mode. I distinctly remember visiting Orlando in Summer 2005 when I had just finished studying. My family got a group of us together in a villa and it was the perfect way to end my University days here in the UK. We had two great weeks.

I can remember looking up in the parking lot at DAK and my whole family seeing the almost complete EE, and we were all in awe of how good it looked. It may have had a few cranes, but even before it was finished it was a fantastic sight. I still think now I've had many rides on it that the entire ride is fantastic, despite A mode being long gone.

I've now been a fair few times since 2015, but still, I had a long break from 2005 - 2015 and I don't know how I handled that!
And overwhelming majority of people, and it's not even close, have only ever seen B mode. That is a problem.

pax_65

And overwhelming majority of people, and it's not even close, have only ever seen B mode. That is a problem.

Exactly. If more people had experienced A mode, there would be an uproar to fix the Yeti. As it is, there's just a small vocal minority of fanatics (like me) who are easily dismissed as "crazy". o_O

It frustrates me to watch the "making of" documentary where they talk endlessly about how the entire ride builds and builds to that final close encounter with the Yeti - because that's what the ride was supposed to be.

Musicman20

Exactly. If more people had experienced A mode, there would be an uproar to fix the Yeti. As it is, there's just a small vocal minority of fanatics (like me) who are easily dismissed as "crazy". o_O

It frustrates me to watch the "making of" documentary where they talk endlessly about how the entire ride builds and builds to that final close encounter with the Yeti - because that's what the ride was supposed to be.

I've not seen the Yeti in A mode in person, but I would LOVE to. I would have to ride multiple times of course!

geekza

Heck, I'll be riding EE for the first time this November. Sad I won't see the Yeti in A mode, but not many did and, from what I understand, you went past it so quickly that you barely had time to register the movement anyway. Certainly the close-up video of it online proved it had some spectacularly-fluid movement for such a large AA figure, though.

KBLovedDisney

Heck, I'll be riding EE for the first time this November. Sad I won't see the Yeti in A mode, but not many did and, from what I understand, you went past it so quickly that you barely had time to register the movement anyway. Certainly the close-up video of it online proved it had some spectacularly-fluid movement for such a large AA figure, though.
FWIW, it's still a very cool ride and even though the Yeti is no longer in A mode, the size of the animatronic still catches you by surprise.

Incomudro

You've never ridden it?
It's perhaps my favorite - my family's favorite ride.
With or without functional Yeti, the ride is a blast.
And yes, you go by the static Yeti so quickly, that you might miss him.
I missed it the first time, and my son had to point it out to me the second go 'round.
Of course, it would have been unmissable when it functioned - but my point is - the ride is still a great ride.
The cue, the foothills...
Love the whole thing.

geekza

You've never ridden it?
I missed it the first time, and my son had to point it out to me the second go 'round.
Of course, it would have been unmissable when it functioned - but my point is - the ride is still a great ride.
Love the whole thing.
Yeah. The last time I was there was in the summer of 2006. It had just opened and we had our two-year-old with us, so no way was my coaster-phobic (now-ex) wife going to wait in the heat with my son while I waited for hours to ride it. In hindsight, I wish I had done it, as I would have likely been among the few who got to see the Yeti in all its glory.

PurpleDragon

I just have to say that I can't believe this thread is still active after 11 years. I haven't been on the site in quite a long time and to come back and find people are still posting here is pretty funny. The Yeti has been in B mode for the past 10 years. LOL!!

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I just have to say that I can't believe this thread is still active after 11 years. I haven't been on the site in quite a long time and to come back and find people are still posting here is pretty funny. The Yeti has been in B mode for the past 10 years. LOL!!
Is this a new Yetibug thread? It only revives when we have something random to discuss

crxbrett

I went on Everest a couple of times when I went in July '06. I honestly don't remember the A mode Yeti much. I know it was there at that time, but I just don't remember it vividly. I just remember thinking how awesome the entire experience was and wanting to back on it over and over again!

Obviously watching videos I see the difference, but going off of 12-year-old memories now...I don't really remember much of Alfred Yeti.

Musicman20

You've never ridden it?
Love the whole thing.

Massively agree. One of my all time favourite ride experiences.

KBLovedDisney

While I understand the concept of mechanical stress, can't they at least turn his head back on?
That...would definitely scare me.
tumblr_ouu9wlxX2z1vxy2a1o1_500.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom