Exclusive New Photos of Inside Everest!!

Sergeant Tibbs

peter11435 said:
The Carno.. does chase you at one point after your vehicle looses tractions. You have to turn your head to the right and look back to watch him chasing you though. I personally would have to say the ride is anything but borning. Sure parts are a little too dark, but the ride has some great animatronics, an amazing ride system, and numerous special effects.
oh the animatronicles are amazing but i guess i dont think those kind of rides are that cool(indiana Jones was cool but once again, i expected more) but the ride is very well done i just dont prefer it. Ill take back what i said about it being boring its just i would rather ride a coaster...I think i remember what u are talking about now isnt he like on a track when he moves toward u?(the Carno)

ballewclan

Tibbs, Luke already posted the test track flash animation in a whole new thread. Look for a post by luke that says "Everest and Test Track Flash" I think.

peter11435

Sergeant Tibbs said:
Is anyone going to say anything about that incredibles comment, that came out of nowhere. Also wheres Luke with that test track thing?
He posted that days ago, it looks great. Do a forum search it is in a different thread.

CTXRover

The_CEO said:
If my theory is correct, the railing we see in some pictures going up the lift hill on Everest can lower and raise like Primeval Whirl. In some pictures we see it, and some we don't. This would really help with the theming. Here in these pictures you can see it up, and then down in another. Questions, Comments?

I think it is simply the angle the photo was taken that the railings appear to be "down". The gallery from which you got that picture on Mousetimes includes photos taken of Everest that same day from a different angle and the railings are still there. I doubt they were moved up and down while he was taking those pictures.

However, it would be nice thematically for the railings to in a sense disappear when they are not needed, but safety-wise, I wouldn't be surprised if they can't.

peter11435

CTXRover said:
I think it is simply the angle the photo was taken that the railings appear to be "down". The gallery from which you got that picture on Mousetimes includes photos taken of Everest from a different angle and the railings are still there. I doubt they were moved up and down while he was taking those pictures.

However, it would be nice thematically for the railings to in a sense disappear when they are not needed, but safety-wise, I wouldn't be surprised if they can't.
Yeah, I still think the railing is there in both pictures. The only reason you can't see it in the picture he posted is because of the angle.

The_CEO

Anyone who has ridden Primeval Whirl knows they have retractable rails. I will bet 100 dollars they aren't there on opening day ;).

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Yen_Sid1 said:
It's a Bet!!
its on..... CEO. you better start saving. :p

one question/comment: forgive if it has been covered in the 35 pages before..... but with the new pics that steve has posted, in the ones where you see the track above the beige walls exiting the mountain..... i didnt realize that when you turn the corner into the ice tunnel and head up the track that you would see outside again in the part (the twisted track being outside)

but i quess that makes sense since you are in a tunnel and you would have to leave the tunnel if the track wasnt busted up (hypothetically)

muy interesante

ImagineerAndy

From a legal issue I don't think Disney would have these as retractable, that is quite a height and if the vehicles stopped and the railings could not be in position there would be a real safety concern. I would think they are there throughout and like people have said, its the angle so waiting guests do not see them, but riding guests would. But who knows, retractable would be great too!

Yen_Sid1

Original Poster
ImagineerAndy said:
From a legal issue I don't think Disney would have these as retractable, that is quite a height and if the vehicles stopped and the railings could not be in position there would be a real safety concern. I would think they are there throughout and like people have said, its the angle so waiting guests do not see them, but riding guests would. But who knows, retractable would be great too!

The retractable hand rails are down the whole time the ride is running. If there is a E-stop and they need to evacuate the ride, then the rails automatically pop up to help in evacuation.

mkepcotmgmak

Yen_Sid1 said:
The retractable hand rails are down the whole time the ride is running. If there is a E-stop and they need to evacuate the ride, then the rails automatically pop up to help in evacuation.

I've never heard of those before, but it sounds like a great idea for disney theme'ing!

Sergeant Tibbs

Anyone have any new photos of Everest? It sounded like they were making progress on the exterior of the mountain quickly. Just wondering if it looked any different than a week ago.

WDWScottieBoy

Sergeant Tibbs said:
Anyone have any new photos of Everest? It sounded like they were making progress on the exterior of the mountain quickly. Just wondering if it looked any different than a week ago.

I'm heading there in a couple of hours, but I don't have a digital camera, so I can't help with new pics. Sorry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom