Exclusive New Photos of Inside Everest!!

The_CEO

Raptorsr said:
If you look closely the rails are on the other side of the image you have two image on the top of one side and the other is of the other side there is only one side with railings

I can see it is on one side only, but in the lower picture it is down because you would still be able to see it if it was up.

Also guys if you look at the top image to the right, you can see where the poles come down to the track, and there is a small box where it connects under each one.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
ballewclan said:
Haha, i dont think he broke every bolt, maybe warped them and broke a few. And he definently didnt fall over! lol, but i havent heard anything about this amazing robotic arm, whats so special about it?? And where did "Tony" come from??
oh i know.... i was just being silly. i think that if Mr. Yeti fell over.... the soft opening date maybe pushed back a bit.

it looks as thought the bottom of each pole has a pin (bolt) so that they can raise or lower by swinging up not raising straight up or down. just a thought. yeh, they would definately need to be there for maintenance and e-stops......... wouldnt that stink to have to work on that part and no railing. yikes.

CEO: what is your avatar from?..... cant place it.

The_CEO

Also if you think about the way they have this setup, they have the stairway on the far side so people from the ground can't see it. It is hidden from them.

jmaxwell007 - That is Gerard from My Chemical Romance. Many people get freaked out by it but whatever.

ballewclan

Coffee- Yea i noticed that hidden mickey too. Although the head part looks very odd, the ears definently make it look like a hidden mickey though.

CEO- MCR rocks...

makonyy15

Great pictures! :sohappy:

CEO...I saw MCR when they came here to Binghamton, NY with Green Day...it was a great show, I hope you've gotten a chance to see them live

joel_maxwell

The_CEO said:
Also if you think about the way they have this setup, they have the stairway on the far side so people from the ground can't see it. It is hidden from them.

jmaxwell007 - That is Gerard from My Chemical Romance. Many people get freaked out by it but whatever.
i noticed that they were reverse angle and im glad they thought to do this..... nice touch, now only if they could hide the stairs in the helix, lol those stairs looks as wide as a grand staircase.

MCR: ahhhhh, ok. thanks. it was driving me crazy. EDIT: strange.... that pic reminds me of the movie beetlejuice. i know, i said it was strange. lol

peter11435

jmaxwell007 said:
i noticed that they were reverse angle and im glad they thought to do this..... nice touch, now only if they could hide the stairs in the helix, lol those stairs looks as wide as a grand staircase.

MCR: ahhhhh, ok. thanks. it was driving me crazy. EDIT: strange.... that pic reminds me of the movie beetlejuice. i know, i said it was strange. lol
The stairs on the helix will not be visible once they finish landscaping. Those wooden poles will one day be power lines, and around the outside of the curve will be a large amount of bamboo and other landscaping to block your view of the helix as it turns into the mountain.

joel_maxwell

peter11435 said:
The stairs on the helix will not be visible once they finish landscaping. Those wooden poles will one day be power lines, and around the outside of the curve will be a large amount of bamboo and other landscaping to block your view of the helix as it turns into the mountain.
yeh, i knew that...... i meant to clarify and say when you are on the steam donkey haulin' butt down the helix..... but then again, you probably wont have time to notice anything. lol

SpenceMan01

jmaxwell007 said:
yeh, i knew that...... i meant to clarify and say when you are on the steam donkey haulin' butt down the helix..... but then again, you probably wont have time to notice anything. lol
I think the transition from darkish mountain to bright daylight will be enough to inhibit your vision. I think you'll have to be really HC like us and be looking for it in order to notice it.

joel_maxwell

SpenceMan01 said:
I think the transition from darkish mountain to bright daylight will be enough to inhibit your vision. I think you'll have to be really HC like us and be looking for it in order to notice it.
true dat

peter11435

The_CEO said:
So the Yeti has a robo arm like that?
No.

Tony Baxter (the man behind both Splash and Thunder Mountain in addition to the Indiana Jones attraction in Disneyland) has been hinted about his working on a new project involving a revolutionary new ride system. This is that new ride system.

Real quick before we get back to Everest chat, I just wanted to say that it sucks that the robo arm is going to be wasted on yet another PIXAR based ride (in this case, The Incredibles). I wish disney would build more original attractions like everest or at least make rides based on other movies besides pixar.

Sergeant Tibbs

tn1999 said:
Nothing gets my blood pumping like the show scene in Dinosaur where your rover looses traction and the dino starts chasing after you. If the Yeti does anything like that I will be very excited.
Ive ridden dinosaur two or three times and never remember that happening. I just remember it was dark and kinnda boring. I guess ill have to ride it again to refresh my memory

peter11435

Sergeant Tibbs said:
Ive ridden dinosaur two or three times and never remember that happening. I just remember it was dark and kinnda boring. I guess ill have to ride it again to refresh my memory
The Carno.. does chase you at one point after your vehicle looses tractions. You have to turn your head to the right and look back to watch him chasing you though. I personally would have to say the ride is anything but borning. Sure parts are a little too dark, but the ride has some great animatronics, an amazing ride system, and numerous special effects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom