exact date of opening?

Captain Chaos

I am not sure if I have seen a magician in a circus either, but somehow both images are connected in my mind.

Personally, I never connected magicians with a circus.. HOWEVER, as a traveling act, I can see it fitting I guess... More like a traveling festival rather than a circus...

SeaCastle

So that's why they didn't find his body when they torn down the old Giants Stadium... LOL

His body was quickly re-located to the New Meadowlands stadium. :lol: You live in Bayonne? You should double-check to make sure he's not buried there, either. :lookaroun

raven

You think??? I guess so... I dunno.. I don't remember ever seeing a magician or escape artist in a circus... I dunno LOL...

Circus's back then were in tents. A lot of them had side shows out front that pulled in patrons and kept them entertained before the main show. These side shows often consisted of magicians, contortionists and other oddities. Fit's perfectly well in the Dumbo Circus theme.

Captain Chaos

Circus's back then were in tents. A lot of them had side shows out front that pulled in patrons and kept them entertained before the main show. These side shows often consisted of magicians, contortionists and other oddities. Fit's perfectly well in the Dumbo Circus theme.

Did you see concept art for this already??? I'll trust it will fit...

ttalovebug

Raven, will this be only a thematic overlay, or will the actual track or ride length be changed?

Hmm, Goofy isn't a "Dumbo" character. We're calling it a Dumbo-themed land, but maybe it's just a circus-themed land, centered around the Dumbo spinners. Having Goofy in there makes me think of a Toontown themed to a circus. Not sure if that makes sense, just thinking as I type :eek:

jt04

Speedway isn't going to be shortened but the last curve merely slivered. Goofy's Barnstormer will get a new theme and a new name: The Great Goofinni. (No, I'm not making that up.)

Ahem :zipit:

It will fit.

I hope so and I am not trying to be negative just get a sense of your perspective. In your opinion, how well do you think both SGE and MILF fit TL? Again just trying to get your perspective on what you think fits and what does not.

Time will tell. Can't give ev'ry detail. :kiss:

Yes, time will tell. Thanks for the great info. I do like the Great Goofini idea a bit. It could work.

mp2bill

They'll probably have phased openings begininng in late 2011. Once it's all done, I would imagine they would have some sort of grand opening. I don't know what would be done earlier, but the expansion was originally going to open in 2012 so I'd say you'd have a much, much better chance of rides being open then.

Yeah, no exact dates, especially with all the proposed changes, but there were three phases opening in 2011 to start and ending in early 2013. At least that's the last official thing I read.

raiden

Why do I have this feeling all of TTF will remain but will be repurposed for a circus theme? All they really need to do is throw some paint onthe tents and move dumbo. Now you have a new land....

O and look who showed up! Mickey and Minnie love the circus so much they decided to build houses next to it! Mickey is even judging a pie contest and you can even meet him there!

Yes that could work

montyz81

They should demolish the entire stupid Speedway, not only shorten it ,it's such an enormous waste of space and only brings annoying noise and fumes into Tomorrowland at absolute minimal theming. I never understood what normal cars going around at speeds that are topped by any model train have to do with the future anyway, but today the ride is so ridicously obsolete and outdated that it makes the COP look like TSM. I didn't even consider doing it at any time.
Outdated yet the line is always long to get on it. Net net is that kids love it!! It is very relevant (aka: not outdated) as kids watch Nascar races more and more and feel like they are actually in a race when they go on this ride.

raven

Why do I have this feeling all of TTF will remain but will be repurposed for a circus theme? All they really need to do is throw some paint onthe tents and move dumbo. Now you have a new land....

O and look who showed up! Mickey and Minnie love the circus so much they decided to build houses next to it! Mickey is even judging a pie contest and you can even meet him there!

Yes that could work

Say goodbye to their houses while you can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom