exact date of opening?

jt04

Is Dumbo's Circusland, designed for Disneyland and never built, coming to fruition?...

Seems like it may be. I'd rather they create an area (placeholder) as they are doing at DCA where the mailboomer is or soon 'was'. Basically a nice park to sit and relax. At least until they get a budget for an actual attraction.

I think everyone would be better off if they waited until they had something that meshes with the FLE theme. IMO.

raven

Already did lol. So does that mean the tents are staying?

Current plans are for them to stay. Right now they are working on Phase I of Fantasyland (the bulk area). Toontown is Phase II. Might be a while before the phases after that.

_Scar

Current plans are for them to stay. Right now they are working on Phase I of Fantasyland (the bulk area). Toontown is Phase II. Might be a while before the phases after that.

So, Toontown as we know it is not changing at all? Or is it getting a circus theme?

raven

So, Toontown as we know it is not changing at all? Or is it getting a circus theme?

The only thing not being touched is the tents and Goofy's coaster. Everything else is going. They will be gutting the bulk of it and installing plumbing for a couple of new water play features (not existing Donald's Boat area). Even the train station will be redone/expanded and restrooms added onto it. All of this is Phase II though so I don't know when work will begin.

Horizonsfan

The only thing not being touched is the tents and Goofy's coaster. Everything else is going. They will be gutting the bulk of it and installing plumbing for a couple of new water play features (not existing Donald's Boat area). Even the train station will be redone/expanded and restrooms added onto it. All of this is Phase II though so I don't know when work will begin.

What are they going to be using the current M&G tents for? I realize they don't want to lose County Bounty but if they are gutting SWSA for M&Gs, what would go in those other tents?

If they really* are keeping the (supposedly rotten) tents, I hope there is a way that they could re-paint them so they are so faded.

* - i'm not doubting you, raven.

_Scar

I thought I read that Goofy's Coaster will be a circus Goofy theme? The Great Goofini :lol::lookaroun

jt04

That is correct. And I'm sure the tent buildings will be freshly painted as well.

Are the exteriors of the buildings some sort of plastic or canvas? I ask because the ovehanging sections look rotten/moldy and I assume if they keep them those areas will be replaced. I still think the area is better off if Toontown north of dumbo is just cleared until they have a better plan and a budget to match.

Horizonsfan

Are the exteriors of the buildings some sort of plastic or canvas? I ask because the ovehanging sections look rotten/moldy and I assume if they keep them those areas will be replaced. I still think the area is better off if Toontown north of dumbo is just cleared until they have a better plan and a budget to match.

Maybe it's cheaper to leave the tents and repaint them, than it would be to remove them?:shrug:

I'm not wild about it (still excited about FLE 2.0 overall) but, the tents were built with easy removal in mind maybe someday down the line they will replace the tents with some real attraction. Maybe.

docnabox

Tents? TENTS? Did you just say the tents are now staying?? Aww, say it ain't so....:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I thought they were rotten, mildewed, decayed and beyond salvage?

jt04

Maybe it's cheaper to leave the tents and repaint them, than it would be to remove them?:shrug:

I'm not wild about it (still excited about FLE 2.0 overall) but, the tents were built with easy removal in mind maybe someday down the line they will replace the tents with some real attraction. Maybe.

I was hoping they had moved beyond always going with the cheaper option. Removing the TL Skyway station is an example of something they did not have to do but in the long run it should be beneficial. I see the tents the same way. I thought they were un-Disney when they were installed and now they are even moreso. BatB, LM and the new Pooh queue are setting the bar high so I hope they keep that in mind as they reimagineer TTF.

ChrisM

If LM was being constructed in isolation and not as part of the larger FLE, I would have been surprised if it wasn't operating in a soft open mode by the end of 2011.

Given that it is part of the larger expansion, I really have no idea.

Animaniac93-98

If LM was being constructed in isolation and not as part of the larger FLE, I would have been surprised if it wasn't operating in a soft open mode by the end of 2011.

Given that it is part of the larger expansion, I really have no idea.

I also wonder would it be possible to make a temp path using construction walls so that if the rest of phase 1 ins't done the ride could still operate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom