exact date of opening?

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
Sorry if this has already been answered but I was wondering what the exact planned opening date for the expansion opening is. I ask because my family and I were planning a trip in 2011 but in between this and unsure financial status, we're thinking of 2012 instead but I'd like to know at least what month they're planning to open so we can book accordingly. Thanks in advanced.

SeaCastle

They'll probably have phased openings begininng in late 2011. Once it's all done, I would imagine they would have some sort of grand opening. I don't know what would be done earlier, but the expansion was originally going to open in 2012 so I'd say you'd have a much, much better chance of rides being open then.

DocMcHulk

I am REALLY hoping they have something open by late Feb of 2012, butmy gut tells me we wont see anything open until at least mid 2012

bgraham34

I am going to say since the MK opened on Oct 1st I would think that is the day they would officially open up the expansion in 2012.

ToTBellHop

Based upon where our Little Mermaid is relative to DCA's (along with knowledge of their opening date), ours could certainly open by late 2011. This assumes they are working at the same pace in FL as in CA, though.

jvalencia

Sorry if this has already been answered but I was wondering what the exact planned opening date for the expansion opening is. I ask because my family and I were planning a trip in 2011 but in between this and unsure financial status, we're thinking of 2012 instead but I'd like to know at least what month they're planning to open so we can book accordingly. Thanks in advanced.

I heard Mickey's Toontown Fair will close in 2011 and be completely demolished to make way for the expansion. Also, the Fantasyland expansion could open sometime in 2013.

TRONorail10

All press releases and statements from Disney have said that the expansion will open in phases starting in 2012. Work has been well underway for Ariel's Adventure and work on the Beauty and the Beast area has really been kicking into high gear. The foundations for AA are done and they are currently working on carpentry for the lower level of the ride building. BATB just finished its ground utility work and immediately put up steel framework for the base walls of the restaurant. Over the last week, they have been adding what looks like pre-fabricated pieces of concrete walls, so the building is really taking shape. Since these two areas were part of the original expansion plans, I would expect them to remain on course to open in 2012 at the earliest. Judging by the length of other refurbishments around the park, cosmetic work for these areas is going to take a LONG time to finish out all of the details. No immediate work on the proposed Snow White Mine Coaster has begun yet, so if this project does go through, it will most likely open in a later phase of the expansion project. As others have reported, Toontown Fair is slated to close in 2011 so that construction can begin for Fantasyland East. At present, it looks like Dumbo will move next to Barnstormer and the Speedway track will be shortened, however, there has been no official announcement about the remaining portions of Toontown. The only thing for sure is that everything is supposed to be done by 2013 at the latest. As far as your financial status goes, I would consider making friends with a cast member. CM's can give their family and friends vacations at WDW for practically nothing if you play your cards right. :animwink:

Spike-in-Berlin

At present, it looks like Dumbo will move next to Barnstormer and the Speedway track will be shortened, however, there has been no official announcement about the remaining portions of Toontown. The only thing for sure is that everything is supposed to be done by 2013 at the latest. As far as your financial status goes, I would consider making friends with a cast member. CM's can give their family and friends vacations at WDW for practically nothing if you play your cards right. :animwink:

They should demolish the entire stupid Speedway, not only shorten it ,it's such an enormous waste of space and only brings annoying noise and fumes into Tomorrowland at absolute minimal theming. I never understood what normal cars going around at speeds that are topped by any model train have to do with the future anyway, but today the ride is so ridicously obsolete and outdated that it makes the COP look like TSM. I didn't even consider doing it at any time.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Call me a skeptic, but I don't think the whole expansion will be finished until around 2015. Including all Phases/change orders/undecided attractions/etc...

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
All press releases and statements from Disney have said that the expansion will open in phases starting in 2012. Work has been well underway for Ariel's Adventure and work on the Beauty and the Beast area has really been kicking into high gear. The foundations for AA are done and they are currently working on carpentry for the lower level of the ride building. BATB just finished its ground utility work and immediately put up steel framework for the base walls of the restaurant. Over the last week, they have been adding what looks like pre-fabricated pieces of concrete walls, so the building is really taking shape. Since these two areas were part of the original expansion plans, I would expect them to remain on course to open in 2012 at the earliest. Judging by the length of other refurbishments around the park, cosmetic work for these areas is going to take a LONG time to finish out all of the details. No immediate work on the proposed Snow White Mine Coaster has begun yet, so if this project does go through, it will most likely open in a later phase of the expansion project. As others have reported, Toontown Fair is slated to close in 2011 so that construction can begin for Fantasyland East. At present, it looks like Dumbo will move next to Barnstormer and the Speedway track will be shortened, however, there has been no official announcement about the remaining portions of Toontown. The only thing for sure is that everything is supposed to be done by 2013 at the latest. As far as your financial status goes, I would consider making friends with a cast member. CM's can give their family and friends vacations at WDW for practically nothing if you play your cards right. :animwink:
Thanks for the info. Sounds like Dumbo probably won't be ready when he get there but that's okay since they should at least have Ariel's ride done by 2012. That's what we're most excited for. Now, WHEN IN 2012 is what I'd like to know. I'd hate to book a trip for May only to find out the ride doesn't open until June.

As for your Cast member idea; LOL Not a bad one.

raven

At present, it looks like Dumbo will move next to Barnstormer and the Speedway track will be shortened, however, there has been no official announcement about the remaining portions of Toontown.

Speedway isn't going to be shortened but the last curve merely slivered. Goofy's Barnstormer will get a new theme and a new name: The Great Goofinni. (No, I'm not making that up.)

BrerFrog

Speedway isn't going to be shortened but the last curve merely slivered. Goofy's Barnstormer will get a new theme and a new name: The Great Goofinni. (No, I'm not making that up.)

Ok, I just Googled The Great Goofini and got a book featuring Goofy. What is the story exactly?

Assuming you are being serious, and I am not being stupid. :lol:

Captain Chaos

The Great Goofini?? So Goofy will still be the theme of the Barnstormer, except he'll be some sort of male Madam Leota or wizard or something... And this fits the circus theme how?

yoyoflamingo

The Great Goofini?? So Goofy will still be the theme of the Barnstormer, except he'll be some sort of male Madam Leota or wizard or something... And this fits the circus theme how?

I was thinking more circus act, like an acrobat or something.

Still kind of an odd choice.

Captain Chaos

I was thinking more circus act, like an acrobat or something.

Still kind of an odd choice.

The clown/burning house theme would have been better... or heck, they could have themed it to the stork or the crows from Dumbo... the great goofini??? sorry, I agree, weird choice.. maybe it will fit nicely.. we'll see.. but yea, weird choice..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom