Ex-Disney accountant alleges major accounting fraud in parks and resorts division

HmmmmmMMMmm

The kind of deliberate manipulation of stock prices is more criminal than the possible accounting irregularities.

Some disgruntled employee with literally no credible evidence or source makes a generic statement and these financial news outlets print it. Shame on them.
They have no credible evidence? You seem to know more than any of us know? How did you acquire your intimate knowledge of the the inner workings of this case?
hmmmmmMMMmm....

Chef Mickey

What is your basis for claiming the author is lying about having documents?
I’m speaking in general, but her issue isn’t new. The documents in question need to be verified for authenticity and Disney be given a chance to make a statement.

She may have documents, but she may not understand the entire situation even as an employee. I am in finance at a Fortune 10 and this type of stuff can be very confusing if you don’t have all the facts.

HmmmmmMMMmm

I’m speaking in general, but her issue isn’t new. The documents in question need to be verified for authenticity and Disney be given a chance to make a statement.

She may have documents, but she may not understand the entire situation even as an employee. I am in finance at a Fortune 10 and this type of stuff can be very confusing if you don’t have all the facts.
tl;dr: you're saying what you wish was true and not speaking with any facts? Doesn't that make you just as bad as what you're accusing this employee of?

ProjectXBlog

The kind of deliberate manipulation of stock prices is more criminal than the possible accounting irregularities.

Some disgruntled employee with literally no credible evidence or source makes a generic statement and these financial news outlets print it. Shame on them. They should be charged if this is a lot of nonsense...the ex employee and Dow Jones owned Marketwatch. You can’t just say this stuff without consequences. This is real money people lose. The same happened with GE last week.

CNBC does the same thing. No due diligence...just start reporting bearish news because that’s what gets viewers. Stocks going down is soooo much better for clicks and TV viewers that they’ve lost all form of honor or credibility in their reporting.

Same with AAPL. A few years ago was the worst during iPhone 6 and iPhone 7. Mysterious ZERO credibility “supply checks” say iPhone is struggling to sell, stock drops and Apple reports good numbers that negate it, but damage was done. No named source, just “people familiar” with the situation.

This manipulation is criminal and big institutions are behind it in many cases, particularly with the fake news.
i honestly have a hard time believing any publication would put an article like this out there without thoroughly vetting their sources. disney has garnered a reputation for literal decades as having a crack team of legal eagles that won’t hesitate to sue someone for putting mickey on a preschool, let alone libel

UNCgolf

They basically just reported that the SEC was investigating claims by a former employee and laid out those claims. There's nothing wrong with reporting that, especially with the SEC involved.

I deal with the SEC somewhat regularly, and the fact that they are looking into it certainly doesn't mean there's anything there, but they're going to do interviews and poke around and see what they find.

lazyboy97o

I wasn’t asking about the employee. I was asking about the author of the article who claims to have additional documents. Is she a known hack?

Chef Mickey

i honestly have a hard time believing any publication would put an article like this out there without thoroughly vetting their sources. disney has garnered a reputation for literal decades as having a crack team of legal eagles that won’t hesitate to sue someone for putting mickey on a preschool, let alone libel
It just happened to GE. Look, I’m just saying this needs to be handled VERY responsibly and many of these news outlets pick up a story and just print it. All of them aren’t doing due diligence. I’ve seen it plenty of times on other stocks like Apple.

matt9112

Seems like a bunch of things are going on...at once...during the week of D23...
ShockedEasyGermanwirehairedpointer-size_restricted.gif

Is the walt disney company invading iran this week?

If you get the joke internet high five for you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom