Ex-Disney accountant alleges major accounting fraud in parks and resorts division

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
You're not entitled to an answer for your questions?
You want me to dox myself and give away my identity after the extreme reaction a handful of people have had to me?
I'm not a known user masquerading.
I'm someone who knows this site because I was paid to know this site at one point.
I don't know how to prove that to you and I don't have to.
I am saying what I feel like I can say and what I want to say about the things I have knowledge about.
You're not entitled to know who I am and what more I know... nor would I compromise my identity to do so.
This is no new moniker. I never said it was. YOU only said it was.
I have experience on this site because I was paid to analyze and strategize using this site.
I don't know how to make that more clear.
I don't care if you believe me, I know who I am and I know that I know what I know.
You're not entitled to more than I want to give.

Posting a username isnt doxing yourself

rudyjr13

It’s posts like these that are just silly and hurt the credibility you are trying to build in the past hour.

Edit: the post didn’t get quoted. It was @HmmmmmMMMmm post:
HmmmmmMMMmm said:
Nope. I'll out myself, I'm Michael Eisner watching my enemies fall. ;)

Sundown

You're not entitled to an answer for your questions?
You want me to dox myself and give away my identity after the extreme reaction a handful of people have had to me?
I'm not a known user masquerading.
I'm someone who knows this site because I was paid to know this site at one point.
I don't know how to prove that to you and I don't have to.
I am saying what I feel like I can say and what I want to say about the things I have knowledge about.
You're not entitled to know who I am and what more I know... nor would I compromise my identity to do so.
This is no new moniker. I never said it was. YOU only said it was.
I have experience on this site because I was paid to analyze and strategize using this site.
I don't know how to make that more clear.
I don't care if you believe me, I know who I am and I know that I know what I know.
You're not entitled to more than I want to give.

I only want to know...is it difficult to log-in given your long username? Do you have to count the 'm's and when to capitalize them?

I jest, but wow...logging in with your username must be a pain and a half! :D

Stripes

Premium Member
The author isn’t very smart.

http://www.teaconnect.org/images/files/328_669153_190522.pdf

Jobacca

I cannot find the article now,but I recall reading that Disney CLAIMED they had made $1 BILLION on the sale of lightsaber merch before The Force Awakens even came out. I did find this article where they were suggesting that STAR WARS could make $5 billion in merch the first year,compared to the $20 billion George Lucas had made over 40 years.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/star-wars-merchandise-sales-could-819004

Even as a fan I thought those numbers seemed INSANELY high,and now I wonder if there was some implied "multiple by 2x" directive given for these press releases. At the end of the day,who knows? As others have said,I doubt this will go anywhere and it wont even make a dent in the stock. Still odd that this story drops this week-somebody has an agenda.

the_rich

Besides the fact that the statement is factually not true, the conflation of attendance with revenue and profit displays an unfathomable lapse in logic for an accounting reporter.
Absolutely. Even if attendance was down a few percent instead of up, there are plenty of ways to still increase revenue.

loboftbl

By no means am I giving credence to the account report on fraud at Disney.....Bernie Madoff started raising red flags in 1991. If I remember correctly, it took several years before someone at the SEC would believe he could be pulling off a fraud. Enron is another with their accounting firm. Its not far fetched to run into the SEC glossing over a fraud report from 2017 and taking it up again in 2019.

kong1802

By no means am I giving credence to the account report on fraud at Disney.....Bernie Madoff started raising red flags in 1991. If I remember correctly, it took several years before someone at the SEC would believe he could be pulling off a fraud. Enron is another with their accounting firm. Its not far fetched to run into the SEC glossing over a fraud report from 2017 and taking it up again in 2019.

Those were pre Sox though....

Things have tightened immensely...

the_rich

That's not the part I'm questioning. My pause comes from the timing of the release right after the pr article and right before d23. This info was just gleaned recently? I think it would've made noise sooner than this. Just seems too coincidental.

loboftbl

Those were pre Sox though....

Things have tightened immensely...
People at the SEC did not even want to consider it at first....I believe they didn't even look at any evidence. Remember the Ratings companies in the late 2000's (07,08,09) Just saying people have looked past a lot.

bartholomr4

Mmmmmmm

Enron was a shell company and Madoff had a Ponzee Scheme going on..... Kinda hard to think either of these two things are going on at Disney.... And the number of people who would have to be involved to pull off such a crime..... The crime would be at the transaction level with a bunch of gift cards no less. Wouldn’t we would be talking about massive corruption? And this employee is the only one to notice?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom