Trip Report Everything Is Just So Peachy Keen! *COMPLETED*

It certainly was for us Georgia peaches this last week! For those who may be new here, let us introduce ourselves. We are Tuvalu and Em, a mother-daughter duo who love traveling together to Walt Disney World. We take multiple trips per year (this was our third for 2022) and for us, time spent at our resort is just as important to us as time spent in the parks. Slow-paced relaxation is vital to us!

I’m sure this laid-back vibe is what draws people to cruises: pools, bars, a variety of restaurants and activities from which to choose . I can’t do ships. But I can happily “land cruise” at WDW!

Hope you decide to follow along and learn about the surprises on our most recent voyage.

When: July 20-27, 2022
Where: Disney’s Yacht Club and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resorts

7E160415-7A3A-4F3E-864F-F9C0094A947D.jpeg

Nothing can stop us now!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Kudos to Woody for the outstanding craftmanship!, also to Em for the beautiful design.
Gorgeous table!
That table is gorgeous!! Good job Woody!!
Hats off to Woody! That's a great coffee table.
Incredible Table!!
I can’t add anything that other posters haven’t said - that table is awesome!
Wow!! That table is FANTASTIC!!!
Fantastic table!
Great job on the table Woody!!!
That table is fantastic, Woody is so talented.
Tell Woody his table is beautiful and Em that the herringbone design is perfect!
Nice job Woody! He definitely seems like the woodworking type.

Woody is very appreciative of all the compliments!

Em took this pic of the project in process.

06321B49-A7CC-4719-B7BE-DD6AB5373F4F.jpeg

HOLY SMOKES!! That’s amazing and fantastic craftsmanship! Now I know why his name is Woody!! 🤩🤩
Wow, that’s impressive! I also now understand the nickname Woody! (Perhaps?)
Now, I know where Woody got his name -- he's a wood-working genius!! That table he made is absolutely gorgeous -- and Astrid approved!

kimmy schmidt smartie pants GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Tuesday, con’t

We did not stick around in Fantasyland after disembarking Pooh. We were off to Tomorrowland!

4BE919E8-C561-43E6-A2D5-3F099373E054.jpeg

Me: “Wanna ride the Speedway?”
Em: “No.”

This got a “yes.”

C2F34650-1B25-4DF9-B7D3-63EA67FAA4AF.jpeg

However, had we known what was going to happen, Buzz might have gotten a “no.”

523DD20B-BF91-4E7F-B175-68A9089A037C.jpeg

Just as we entered the load area the ride stopped. The CM motioned for us to come towards her. She walked us down to a XP-37 star cruiser (betcha didn’t know that’s what the ride vehicle is called 😉) and waited for us to board.

She had no way of knowing that SHARING a star cruiser was the LAST thing Em and I wanted.

I am highly competitive. I like to control the joystick. My intensity stresses Em out. She has more enjoyment riding by herself.

We looked at each other. “You can control the joystick,” she said as the ride began moving.

“I can’t control the joystick with my left hand,” I whined.

Em (sarcastically): “Are we having fun yet?”

What do you think, dear reader? Were we having fun?

8EE9CEC0-6E86-4CB6-BD4E-B82856C02A59.jpeg

Oh sure, a ride photo finally shows up in MDE and it ain’t even us!!!

I can’t say I was pleased with the outcome. But at least Em had fun….I think?

DADA6088-32B1-4F50-9CA2-9829A91ED161.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Early entry had begun a mere 15 minutes earlier and we were on our third ride.

F319259B-7136-4F5E-8102-6F26E71C5AE8.jpeg

Space Mountain wasn’t an option. We have no complaints with the Peoplemover and especially like the new soundtrack.

Front car!

AB2DECC1-C132-46B8-95C9-F7E80A025EB3.jpeg

824CE159-504A-47E9-9755-A5E0D575DF43.jpeg

It was almost park opening time when we descended the escalator. We decided where to head next, but first made a stop in Star Traders. I had to check out the Goofy pants I’d seen from above while on the Peoplemover.

E4E68955-7A12-446A-AB64-F47324063F7A.jpeg

Seriously, who would buy these? @riverside I bet these are right up your alley! 🤣

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It was almost park opening time when we descended the escalator. We decided where to head next, but first made a stop in Star Traders. I had to check out the Goofy pants I’d seen from above while on the Peoplemover.

E4E68955-7A12-446A-AB64-F47324063F7A.jpeg

Seriously, who would buy these?
They're um . . . colorful . . . :hilarious:

C'mon, admit it -- you bought a pair for you and Em! :p

lindawdw

I've never seen a score that high on Buzz so kudos to Em!!! It's a tough attraction to ride with another person. I used to ride the Teacups when my daughters were little but as I got older, my body started telling me those days were over! 🥴

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom