Everyone's Best and Worst Dining Experiences?

admiral-ari-x

MK Best- Crystal Palace breakfast is fantastic, I could live off of that French Toast.
MK Worst- Casey's. I've never liked the type of hot dogs they use but that's just me.
Haven't gotten reservations to a good Epcot restaurant yet (I know, I'm behind haha) but Sunshine Seasons was definitely the worst. Just not up to par
HS Best- Sci-fi
HS Worst- Pizza Planet... not only disappointing in venue but the pizza is garbage.
As for AK, I've only ever eaten at Rainforest cafe (which is a shame) and I wasn't very happy with that experience.

With the hotels, Boma was my best experience- the pork shoulder was excellent and it was great offerings. Don't have a worst experience yet for hotels!

With Downtown Disney, best experience was Fulton's!
I haven't gone in a number of years which is why I don't have as many bad experiences. Though I do hope to go back verrry soon!

notslim99

MK:
Best is Be Our Guest. Their breakfast is my favorite on property.
Worst is Tony's Town Square. Chef Boyardee has better Italian food.

Epcot:
Best is Tutto Italia Ristorante. The risotto was fan-freaking-tastic.
Worst (which wasn't all that bad) was La Hacienda

AK:
Best is Tusker House. Best character breakfast on property.
Worst was Yak and Yeti (although I got a burger, so that may be the reason I disliked it.)

DHS:
Best is 50's. The food isn't amazing, but I love the waiters and the theming.
Worst was Mama Melrose. Again, it wasn't horrible, just not as good as I hoped.

Resorts:
O'Hana at POLY. This is far and away my favorite place to eat at WDW and one of my top 3 favorite restaurants anywhere.

DisneyFans4Life

I think my best dinner has been at 'Ohana with my worst being at San Angel Inn. I just wasn't impressed with the food that came at San Angel, but the ambiance was nice. We may try it again in the future to see if it was just a fluke or something.

Weather_Lady

It's interesting to see numerous people place Coral Reef as their best because after my experience, I swore I'd never go again. I hated every second that I spent in there. My mom also had a similar experience. I wonder what caused the difference? Maybe I should rethink my decision to never give it another chance?

I've had a "worst-to-first" experience with Coral Reef, myself. There were two significant things that I think helped:
(1) in between our visits (2012 and then 2014), the menu was overhauled, and we felt the food was drastically better the second time around; and
(2) the first time, we got the worst table in the place -- top tier, far end -- and could see very little of what was going on the aquarium, while the second time, we asked for a seat by the tank and said we'd be willing to wait as long as it took, and ended up with a gorgeous view from the second tier that made us feel totally immersed in the experience

Service was slow (not horrible, but a bit sluggish) both times, and there is ALWAYS a wait for your table with nowhere but the floor to sit unless you're one of the lucky few who score a bench seat, but those aspects weren't so bad either time that they had any appreciable effect on our experience.

Last edited:

GeoDonJac34

I love Biergarten, for many reasons. It's unique, a buffet, great entertainment, Schofferhofer grapefruit beer, and really good food. Worst to me Hollywood and Vine dinner, and Big River Grill a close second.

disneyfirstLJ

Best: Tokyo Dining(Japan Pavilion in Epcot), The Boathouse(Disney Springs), Landscapes of Flavor(Art of Animation food court), Boulangerie Paitisserie les Halles(France Pavilion in Epcot), Sunshine Seasons(The Land in Epcot) and Be Our Guest Dinner(Magic Kingdom)

Worst: Columbia Harbor House(Magic Kingdom) and Beaches and Cream(Beach Club Resort)

David B

Best: Tokyo Dining(Japan Pavilion in Epcot), The Boathouse(Disney Springs), Landscapes of Flavor(Art of Animation food court), Boulangerie Paitisserie les Halles(France Pavilion in Epcot), Sunshine Seasons(The Land in Epcot) and Be Our Guest Dinner(Magic Kingdom)

Worst: Columbia Harbor House(Magic Kingdom) and Beaches and Cream(Beach Club Resort)

Okay on most of these things, it's just a matter of opinion and I can understand that. But how in the WORLD can you claim that Harbor House (the best quick service in MK) and Beaches and Cream are two of the worst in all of Disney?? I think you have many more places you need to try in WDW if you think that haha

disneyfirstLJ

Okay on most of these things, it's just a matter of opinion and I can understand that. But how in the WORLD can you claim that Harbor House (the best quick service in MK) and Beaches and Cream are two of the worst in all of Disney?? I think you have many more places you need to try in WDW if you think that haha

I had the lobster roll at Columbia Harbor House in 2014 and it was mostly mayo. A true lobster roll should only have a little bit of mayo, the lobster is the main focus. I am from New England so I know a great lobster roll and that lobster roll was the worst thing I have had in a long time. Took one bite and tossed it. My daughter had the chicken nuggets and they were fried to death and had hardly any chicken.

At Beaches and Cream I had the grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup that everyone raves about. It wasn't anything special. The service was terrible and it took forever to get our meal. My daughter had a hot dog and fries which is hard to screw up in my opinion but it was cold and the fries were limp. Just wasn't impressed.

Every restaurant has bad days and not everyone gets a perfect meal each time but these were the two worst meals I have had at WDW in the last three years.

Hockey89

I had the lobster roll at Columbia Harbor House in 2014 and it was mostly mayo. A true lobster roll should only have a little bit of mayo, the lobster is the main focus. I am from New England so I know a great lobster roll and that lobster roll was the worst thing I have had in a long time. Took one bite and tossed it. My daughter had the chicken nuggets and they were fried to death and had hardly any chicken.

At Beaches and Cream I had the grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup that everyone raves about. It wasn't anything special. The service was terrible and it took forever to get our meal. My daughter had a hot dog and fries which is hard to screw up in my opinion but it was cold and the fries were limp. Just wasn't impressed.

Every restaurant has bad days and not everyone gets a perfect meal each time but these were the two worst meals I have had at WDW in the last three years.
Could not agree more on Beaches and Cream.... It's bad fast food.

David B

Okay I can understand that, but you're getting the wrong stuff! Get the salmon at Harbor House and a Milkshake at Beaches and Creme :) Wayyy better. I'm not saying Harbor house is amazing, but it's some of the best quick service at MK

MrHappy

Fun to read all the difference of opinions.

Worst: Spirit of Aloha show. The food was so so, and for being there for 2 hours I somehow felt rushed. Not to mention the weird blend of a performance that's part cheesy, part cultural, part Lilo & Stitch (just the song). The waiter I had was horrible - basically through the plates on the table, and it was like pulling teeth to get another disgusting wine. The Poly vibe is the ONLY thing that makes me think of going back and spending the big bucks for it.

Best: Love Biergarten - the food, the show, the atmosphere - all outstanding, oh and the Dunkel beir!!! I really enjoy 50s, the pot roast is always tender and juicy, the fried chicken is authentic too, great PB&J shake as well! Also really enjoyed Kona b'fast, somewhat standard offerings but the coffee is outstanding and how can you not like tonga toast?!?

Mrs. Piglet

My best experience is 50's Prime Time Cafe. The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is fantastic. Sticking with the DHS I really did not like the Sci Fi Restaurant. The Ribs I got were extremely tough.

Epcotfan21

MK Best - Crystal Palace...can't beat the breakfast here.
MK Worst - Cosmic Rays
Epcot Best - Le Cellier...I eat here on almost every trip and never had a bad meal/experience. From the pretzel bread, cheese soup, poutine, filet mignon. It's all amazing.
Epcot Worst - San Angel Inn...I'll admit that it was only one time, but the food was very dry and had zero taste.
Hollywood Studios Best - Mama Melrose...not amazing Italian, but I was pleased.
Hollywood Studios Worst - ABC Commissary...NEVER AGAIN
AK Best - Flame Tree BBQ
AK Worst - Honestly can't think of a bad experience with food at AK
Resort Best - California Grill, with Jiko as a honorable mention
Resort Worst - Big River Grill

StarWarsGirl

MK: Best is definitely BOG. Worst: probably Cinderella's Royal Table simply because of the pricing.
Epcot: Best are Teppan Edo and Chefs de France. Worst: Biergarten. Also, not necessarily bad, but I fail to understand the hype of Via Nappoli.
DHS: Prime Time. Worst: most of the QS locations.
AK: Best: Flame Tree BBQ. Worst: Again, not necessarily bad, but there are better choices than Restaurantasaurus.
Resorts: Kona for breakfast, Yachtsman Steakhouse for dinner. Worst: The extremely-overrated Spirit of Aloha Dinner show, which all did a terrible job of handling my food allergies.

Princess Kaylee

Best: Crystal Palace is always so peaceful and magical. Although we have done CRT we still feel more relaxed at CP. The food is yummy and the characters spend time at each table.

Worst: Although Chef Mickeys is fun we all got food poisoning from it. We were all throwing up in the resort last month. I also tend to believe this fun character meal is a little overpriced and in a chaotic location.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Worst: our first visit to Raglan Road. Not because of the food, but because we were seated in some back room off in the corner and then forgotten for 30 minutes. Had to go find a server to tell them that no one had come to take our orders yet (and we weren't the only ones seated back there) and it took another 15-20 minutes for someone to come take our orders and even longer than normal to get our food. I complained to the manager but since I was on the dining plan, our meal wasn't comp'd. However, there was no tip left and I fired off an e-mail to the company that runs RR (it's not a Disney restaurant). We've not experienced any problems like this with service on subsequent visits.

Best: CRT when it was at Citricos. Why? Well, we were able to celebrate my daughter's birthday with adult beverages at brunch, the breakfast steak was dinner quality and the best part, for her, was a visit from her favorite princess, Belle. Who is not part of the crew at CRT in the Castle. Oh, our dinner at Narcoossee's was pretty fine, too.

Mickey Ears

We have only been to WDW once before and I have to say the experiences with dining where 99% great. That being said the worst experience we had was at ESPN on the Boardwalk where at first they pretty much refused to sit us on the main floor area even though it was not completely full. We were a party of 3 and one of them was a 1 year old baby. I'm think they didn't want to waste a table in there for just 2 people. We fought that and got in there finally. Then the waitress accidentally spilled part of my husbands beer on him. The food was good though.

The best was O'Hana's the food was delicious and the atmosphere was beautiful. Even with a 1 year old the experience was wonderful and the waitress was fantastic. This was also at the Resort we were staying at.

KikoKea

Sanaa is our favorite place on property- never had a bad dish or server. We love the decor and we look forward to the samplers during the long months between visits.

AK: We've only eaten at the Flame Tree BBQ. Wonderful food and the eating area by the water is peaceful and pretty.
HS: Slim pickings here for us. We try to eat before or after this park (since we rarely spend more than 4 hours there) but if we need to get a meal, we just hit ABC comm or the other QS in the back for a burger or salad and hope for the best. Prime Time is not bad, but isn't great, either.
EPCOT: Worst is Coral Reef. Beautiful decor, but food was only so-so and the service was the worst we've had in any DW restaurant.
Best food is Akershus...if for no other reason than the brown goat cheese on the appetizer buffet! We try to ignore the yelling kids, the music, and the parade. We order our favorites, then always find a bit more room to try another new dish. Our servers have always been eager to bring out samples for us- I think they are surprised someone actually eats there for the food. Last time, we asked about seasonings in a dish and one of the chefs came out and chatted with us for a while.
Best snack is the Kringla Bakery
MK: We haven't been overwhelmed by any table service experiences, including BOG, so we usually use QS. Columbia Harbor House is the best. We hope to try Liberty Tree one day- maybe that will become our new favorite in the MK.

Wendy Pleakley

Best: California Grill timed to coincide with Halloween fireworks.

Bonus: this was quite a few years ago when our free dining plan still included appetizer, entree, dessert, and gratuity. Great value at the time, and great atmosphere overall.

Worst: Chefs de France on a rainy evening.

There was a lot of water dripping from the ceiling. I was floored that the restaurant did not appear to be waterproof. Still enjoyed it, the food was some of the best I've had at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom