Everybody Loves MJ--Everyone Welcome!

Nemo14

DisneyBunny said:
I like Gilligan, but can't stand more than one episode in a month or so...
Tell me about it! They have seasons 1,2, and 3, and they watch them constantly. If I say anything about it, he acts like I'm the nut case!

DisneyBunny

Nemo14 said:
You;d think so. She had 3 little kids, and half the time you saw them they'd be in either just a diaper or underwear - she really was a winner. We had wanted to name our DD Amy after DH's grandmother (the Titanic survivor), but their youngest was Amy and I figured ours would go nuts listening to her screaming.

Whoa Whoa Whoa.... I may have missed this... Titanic Survivor? Was she the Amy who had the bracelet? I saw an Amy bracelet in the wreckage at a Titanic exhibit.

Nemo14

DisneyBunny said:
Whoa Whoa Whoa.... I may have missed this... Titanic Survivor? Was she the Amy who had the bracelet? I saw an Amy bracelet in the wreckage at a Titanic exhibit.
Yes, that's her. We had our picture taken with that bracelet, although there is no proof that it was hers (she was however the only Amy on the Titanic).We originally saw it on a documentary they had done about the Titanic, and they mentioned her name, followed by "no one knows what ever happened to her". We blew them away when we told them about her.

DisneyBunny

Nemo14 said:
Yes, that's her. We had our picture taken with that bracelet, although there is no proof that it was hers (she was however the only Amy on the Titanic).We originally saw it on a documentary they had done about the Titanic, and they mentioned her name, followed by "no one knows what ever happened to her". We blew them away when we told them about her.

AAAH! That's SO COOL!!! I'm a huge Titanic buff.. Always have been, ever since I was a kid. Man, it must be so neat to have some family history like that! I'm jealous :)

Nemo14

DisneyBunny said:
AAAH! That's SO COOL!!! I'm a huge Titanic buff.. Always have been, ever since I was a kid. Man, it must be so neat to have some family history like that! I'm jealous :)
We have tons of Titanic info. She wrote a journal not long after getting off the Carpathia, and we have a copy of that. The movie was pretty chilling to us, knowing some of the things we know. She was in steerage and her room mates were a nanny traveling with a small spoiled child. The little girl had a rather expensive doll with her that she never played with, but when they got on the lifeboat, she noticed the doll was gone and threw a fit about it. One of the opening scenes in the movie shows the doll sitting in the debris field. It really gave me goosebumps!

DisneyBunny

Nemo14 said:
We have tons of Titanic info. She wrote a journal not long after getting off the Carpathia, and we have a copy of that. The movie was pretty chilling to us, knowing some of the things we know. She was in steerage and her room mates were a nanny traveling with a small spoiled child. The little girl had a rather expensive doll with her that she never played with, but when they got on the lifeboat, she noticed the doll was gone and threw a fit about it. One of the opening scenes in the movie shows the doll sitting in the debris field. It really gave me goosebumps!

Oh, that's too weird. It's giving me goosebumps too! I've read so many books/accounts of the event. I was a fan looooong before the movie. That's a wonderful piece of history to pass down through the generations. Take care of that journal! Ever think of getting it published?

Nemo14

DisneyBunny said:
Oh, that's too weird. It's giving me goosebumps too! I've read so many books/accounts of the event. I was a fan looooong before the movie. That's a wonderful piece of history to pass down through the generations. Take care of that journal! Ever think of getting it published?
No, not really. She wasn't exactly a great writer, but it's interesting to read. Dave's uncle has some other things of hers too, but we're not exactly close to him. She died before Dave was born, so he never got any first-hand info from her - just what his father was able to remember.

DisneyBunny

Nemo14 said:
No, not really. She wasn't exactly a great writer, but it's interesting to read. Dave's uncle has some other things of hers too, but we're not exactly close to him. She died before Dave was born, so he never got any first-hand info from her - just what his father was able to remember.

Still, it's nice to have something that's touched history like that. :)

Well, I've got a meeting to go to... I'll be on later. :wave:

Nemo14

nibblesandbits said:
wow! Betty that stuff is really cool about DH's grandmother.
Yeah, DD wrote a story in 4th grade (long before the movie came out) about a Titanic survivor and her experiences on the boat. Then she ended it with something to the effect of "She grew up to marry _______. They had a son who had a son who had a daughter named me!" It was pretty neat.

Pongo

Wow Betty. I have to concur with everyone else, that Titanic stuff is AWESOME. I wish my family had some crazy history like that.

I don't even know my HERITAGE, let alone any stories about my elders.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
Pongo said:
Wow Dot. I have to concur with everyone else, that Titanic stuff is AWESOME. I wish my family had some crazy history like that.

I don't even know my HERITAGE, let alone any stories about my elders.
psst...Luke...that's Betty...:lookaroun

Nemo14

That's OK Luke, Dot and I are actually twins separated from birth! Do you know anything about your ancestors at all? We can trace mine back to the Mayflower.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
Nemo14 said:
That's OK Luke, Dot and I are actually twins separated from birth! Do you know anything about your ancestors at all? We can trace mine back to the Mayflower.
I don't really know anything about my ancestors either. I do know that I'm part cherokee indian...but that's about all I know

Pongo

Nemo14 said:

I know nothing about where I'm from.

I've asked around and can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone in my family.

I've heard German, Welsh, Irish, Scandanavian, whatever, thrown about. But I don't think anyone really knows for sure.

Both my last name and my mom's maiden name sound pretty German, but I don't know if that says anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom