Every Attraction Hints

Ziffell

1894311150_dc6040f518.jpg

sweetpee_1993

Unnoficial?! Does that mean some CM decided to get those letters and spell that just for fun!? :shrug:

I'm pretty sure that's what the "unofficial" hidden mickeys (which aren't always mickeys) are. It was explained to me that "true hidden mickeys" are signatures of sorts made by Imagineers or by crews decorating or painting or what have you. The unofficial ones are that the operations cast kinda fudge. An example given to me was the place setting in the ballroom at HM that has a plate and 2 saucers arranged into a classic Mickey. Supposedly under each dinner plate is a photo of that place setting's correct arrangement. The Mickey is supposedly not pictured. Also, I was told if an imagineer rides thru & sees it they will likely have it corrected....but it will mysteriously go back.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this. I realize it coulda been a big load of crap....but it sure sounded good at the time. Lol!

heartodisney

On Splash Mountain, on the final climb, as you begin your ascent, look up at the ceiling, where a little gopher pops his head out and shouts, "F.S.U" (curious it is a GOPHER, ha ha fsu fans). This is a Imagineer at work. Also, the "splash" is really a water cannon, not the log.

Captain Hank

Mission: Space has a couple of Mission to Mars (attraction) references. Every so often, a "Radar Alert" goes off on the mission control consoles. The video feed then changes to a bird crash landing--footage from Mission to Mars' pre-show. Also, inside the ready rooms, among the chatter is a page for Mr. Johnson, the host of Mission to Mars. Furthermore, there are two Horizons logos in the building, one at the center of the gravity wheel in the queue (itself a prop from the movie Mission to Mars) and another on the gift shop counter.

sittle

So is this true that every attraction has something hidden in it or on the ride it self??? Please need to know, going very soon and would love to find some or maybe all hahaaa. :ROFLOL:

There are some great hidden gems in many of the rides... The Winnie the pooh ride shows Toad handing over the deed to Owl, a reference to the Winnie the Pooh ride replacing Mr. Toads wild ride... Journey Into Imagination shows a door marked D. Finder a reference to the Dreamfinder that once starred in the original versions of the ride with Figment... The key under the Mat in the queue of the Muppetvision 3d... All sorts of interesting a novel things are to be found...

Check out the secrets forum.... lot's of great hints in there!! Happy searching!

IWant2GoNow

One of my all time favorite examples of this is actually at DL in the Indiana Jones Adventure. This attraction was built when the land DCA sits on was still the DL parking lot. The show building is so huge that they had to use a portion of the parking lot (specifically, the Eeyore section) on which to build it. In one of the rooms of the queue (the projector room actually), if you look up in the rafters there is an Eeyore parking section sign hidden up there. It is tricky trying to spot it even if you know what you're looking for and where to look.

Haha! That's a REALLY good one! I can't wait until I can make it out to DLR some day. I feel like I'm a WDW snob. :lol:

BrerFrog

I pretty sure that's what the "unofficial" hidden mickeys (which aren't always mickeys) are. It was explained to me that "true hidden mickeys" are signatures of sorts made by Imagineers or by crews decorating or painting or what have you. The unofficial ones are that the operations cast kinda fudge. An example given to me was the place setting in the ballroom at HM that has a plate and 2 saucers arranged into a Mickey silhouette. Supposedly under each dinner plate is a photo of that place setting's correct arrangement. The Mickey is supposedly not pictured. Also, I was told if an imagineer rides thru & sees it they will likely have it corrected....but it will mysteriously go back.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this. I realize it coulda been a big load of crap....but it sure sounded good at the time. Lol!

It sounds reasonable to me.

Tom

Beta Return
I pretty sure that's what the "unofficial" hidden mickeys (which aren't always mickeys) are. It was explained to me that "true hidden mickeys" are signatures of sorts made by Imagineers or by crews decorating or painting or what have you. The unofficial ones are that the operations cast kinda fudge. An example given to me was the place setting in the ballroom at HM that has a plate and 2 saucers arranged into a Mickey silhouette. Supposedly under each dinner plate is a photo of that place setting's correct arrangement. The Mickey is supposedly not pictured. Also, I was told if an imagineer rides thru & sees it they will likely have it corrected....but it will mysteriously go back.

Right, "unofficial" ones are the ones NOT designed into the original attraction by the Imagineers. Technically, Imagineers are the only people "authorized" to design and designate Hidden Mickeys, which (as sweetpea said) are not always actual Mickey heads. They are just "signatures" of the Imagineers involved with the project.

The HM plates have been an ongoing issue since day 1. At last report, the dinner plates were still an "unofficial" Hidden Mickey. I've ridden twice on the same day (and several times in a week) recently, and have seen them together AND separated.

The "official" Hidden Mickeys in the HM are the Donald Duck face (I don't buy it, but it's what they say) on the armchairs near the endless hallway (and now in the library, I think)....and the grim reaper floating in a tomb at the end of the graveyard scene on your right, just before you head out the tunnel. The person on the right can see it, but the person on the left will need to strain. Look as right as you can and lean out a little bit, and you'll see the reaper is holding up a Mickey Head with his left hand.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Right, "unofficial" ones are the ones NOT designed into the original attraction by the Imagineers. Technically, Imagineers are the only people "authorized" to design and designate Hidden Mickeys, which (as sweetpea said) are not always actual Mickey heads. They are just "signatures" of the Imagineers involved with the project.

The HM plates have been an ongoing issue since day 1. At last report, the dinner plates were still an "unofficial" Hidden Mickey. I've ridden twice on the same day (and several times in a week) recently, and have seen them together AND separated.

The "official" Hidden Mickeys in the HM are the Donald Duck face (I don't buy it, but it's what they say) on the armchairs near the endless hallway (and now in the library, I think)....and the grim reaper floating in a tomb at the end of the graveyard scene on your right, just before you head out the tunnel. The person on the right can see it, but the person on the left will need to strain. Look as right as you can and lean out a little bit, and you'll see the reaper is holding up a Mickey Head with his left hand.
HM is also home to a hidden Jack and Sally in the new attic scene.

Tom

Beta Return
HM is also home to a hidden Jack and Sally in the new attic scene.

Ah yes, the refurb brought a few new gems that I can't keep up with! :D

And don't forget the tombstones in the queue - all with names of imagineers involved with the projects, specifically Yale Gracey, master of special effects.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ah yes, the refurb brought a few new gems that I can't keep up with! :D

And don't forget the tombstones in the queue - all with names of imagineers involved with the projects, specifically Yale Gracey, master of special effects.
That reminds me...I need to get to work recreating those for the yard this Halloween.

Buckeye

There is a directory sign at the Tower's lobby, if you looked at the bottom of the sign you would see some dropped letters that would speel "Evil Tower U R Doomed". Google that phrase and you will find some pictures. :wave:

I have no idea why they removed that, though.

On a trip in 2007, my son was finally tall enough and brave enough to ride ToT. I couldn't wait to show him this cool "hidden" detail. My nephew was also with us on his first trip and he was excited by all the Disney details and looked forward to it as well. Upon arrival at the sign, there was a trash can placed right in front of it. As I stretched and craned to see Evil Tower U R Doomed, a cast member informed me that it was no longer there. He said that as it became more "known", more and more people stopped to look and it held up the line. What a shame, it was really clever.

sweetpee_1993

Also in HM, when you first walk into the foyer before you go into the stretching room where I think it's a portrait of Master Gracey hanging over the fireplace, look carefully at the frame around it. It's lots of classic Mickeys in a chain of sorts. And, don't know how true this one is but the spires on the top of HM are made to look like chess pieces because one of the Imagineers who did the facade design was really into chess (I think like competitively. I used to know his name but can't conjure it just now.) Coincidentally, this is the same Imagineer who reeeeaaaaally loves chess who did work on PotC. Think about the skeletons playing chess in the queue area. If the chess pieces for spires of HM are true, then notice there's no knight....because it's aaaaaalways night at the HM. Wokka-Wokka-Wokka!!!! That seemed a bit over the top for me but I'm gullible like that.

Also, the fact that "Hidden Mickeys" aren't always Mickey's is very true. Quite frequently they aren't even characters. Think of license plates, sequences of numbers or letters randomly placed, stuff like that. The numbers could be an Imagineer's kid's date of birth or another date of significance for them. Letters can be initials or acronyms. Think of the queue area of Test Track with the "mechanic's" random pics of children stuck the toolboxes or on the workbenches. Those are probably an Imagineer's children! I'm sure there's a zillion of them that we all see on a daily basis and have no clue. Can you imagine how cool it would be to be the family of an Imagineer who can see these things out there and smile because they know? :p

Master Gracey 5

Also in HM, when you first walk into the foyer before you go into the stretching room where I think it's a portrait of Master Gracey hanging over the fireplace, look carefully at the frame around it. It's lots of classic Mickeys in a chain of sorts. And, don't know how true this one is but the spires on the top of HM are made to look like chess pieces because one of the Imagineers who did the facade design was really into chess (I think like competitively. I used to know his name but can't conjure it just now.) Coincidentally, this is the same Imagineer who reeeeaaaaally loves chess who did work on PotC. Think about the skeletons playing chess in the queue area. If the chess pieces for spires of HM are true, then notice there's no knight....because it's aaaaaalways night at the HM. Wokka-Wokka-Wokka!!!! That seemed a bit over the top for me but I'm gullible like that.

The HM chess pieces is true to some extent - look at a picture of the building and the top spires. Anyone familiar with chess will recognize several different pieces built into the theme.

http://land.allears.net/blogs/photoblog/Haunted_Mansion_at_Disneys_Magic_Kingdom.jpg

With PotC, I've read that the chess pieces were actually laid out such that the game is in a stalemate, but that they often get moved around so this may no longer be true.

hbaker

On a trip in 2007, my son was finally tall enough and brave enough to ride ToT. I couldn't wait to show him this cool "hidden" detail. My nephew was also with us on his first trip and he was excited by all the Disney details and looked forward to it as well. Upon arrival at the sign, there was a trash can placed right in front of it. As I stretched and craned to see Evil Tower U R Doomed, a cast member informed me that it was no longer there. He said that as it became more "known", more and more people stopped to look and it held up the line. What a shame, it was really clever.

I actually think this was removed after 9/11.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom