News Evermore Orlando Resort - new billion-dollar, 10,000-room resort project is coming right next to Walt Disney World

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Unless there's transportation to and from it's a moot point. Families are gonna go with Skyliner resorts every time. Disney isn't worried.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I did. Just a second ago. I don't think they'll be a huge demand for this. Big gamble by Evermore.
Developers are paid to develop…they don’t actually care if they’re used after. So no gamble really

But I meant who’s comparing this to a war with pop century…not the same angle.

Orlando has had a longer period of overbuild than ever before…unless this inflation thing is solved - and that’s not realistic - travel is gonna take a big swing downward…
So any of these developments look stupid right now

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I think it's going to geared to a pretty vast audience. Maybe to some that aren't even interested in Disney. The thing a lot of you forget about is that there is a huge staycation market in Florida.

I've done 2 and 3 night trips to Gaylord and Hilton Orlando (best hotel pool in the area IMHO) without even factoring in a park. Evermore definitely seems like an interesting option. As does Great Wolf, being built in Naples.

Uber is a cost effective option for those visiting Evermore and want to visit Disney (Or Uni for that matter) and don't have a car.

JMcMahonEsq

What is the target market share/demographic for this type of property?

As a new "Luxury Resort" I have to imagine the price point is not going to be on the low side. So you are not competing for the demographic of people who want to vacation in Orlando, go to parks, but are on a budget and looking to save money. Those people are going to go to smaller Marriot style properties like Flamingo Crossing, or even Marriot World. Nor are they going to be able to compete with the economic on property resorts that provide free transportation/access to parks.

From a moderate and deluxe standpoint, you are going to likely be paying close to the same price, but without the benefit of early access to parks, early booking, and the ease of park transportation. This thing opens up and all WDW and UNI have to do is add back a perk or two to deluxe resorts stays, and I don't see any incentive.

I guess arguably, this could be for a demographic for upper spenders who are doing split trips between WDW and UNI, and don't want the hassle of moving between resort hotels. But that seems like a small target demographic, and a couple tweaks to on site perks from either park would even further erode that market. And your still going to have to deal with Transporation to/from park. One of the primary perks to Luxury Resort stays is the semi-all inclusive nature of the resort. Once your there you don't have to worry about leaving. Unless they have some pretty good free dedicated transportation services to parks, you lose that aspect of Resort stay, and you either have to rent a car, or deal with ubers. In this day and age of ride sharing not an insurmountable task, but certainly erodes the benefits of the resort stay.

Disstevefan1

In my mind, this looks to be an exciting addition to the area and a benefit to the tourist. The Disney company we know today is a reactive company but I doubt if they will do anything in response to this as their focus is away from parks and resorts and focused on saving their movie and streaming business.

JMcMahonEsq

In my mind, this looks to be an exciting addition to the area and a benefit to the tourist. The Disney company we know today is a reactive company but I doubt if they will do anything in response to this as their focus is away from parks and resorts and focused on saving their movie and streaming business.
I am sorry, did you actually say anything here?

What draws someone to this property? Who are they marketing too, other than just, It's Orlando, if we build it they will come?

The Orlando Tourist market is incredibly saturated. In order to stand out and grab market share your going to need to beat all competition in at least one area that customers care about.

1) Location - Not if one is looking to spend time at the parks, staying on property, either WDW or Universal is going to win out.

2) Price - If price is your concern, there are going to be significant cheaper options, or options at around the same price point that provide more "perks"

3) Features - Is there anything here that isn't being offered by Marriot World, Four Season, or any one of the other "Resorts" already in Orlando that make it unique. It can't compete with access to the parks that on property resorts have. So what is it that is offered here that makes it an exciting addition other than just new rooms.

4) Access - Again if one is going to Orlando and incorporating either park into your vacation, getting to/from those parks is alot easier on property, then staying off.

Disstevefan1

I am sorry, did you actually say anything here?

What draws someone to this property? Who are they marketing too, other than just, It's Orlando, if we build it they will come?

The Orlando Tourist market is incredibly saturated. In order to stand out and grab market share your going to need to beat all competition in at least one area that customers care about.

1) Location - Not if one is looking to spend time at the parks, staying on property, either WDW or Universal is going to win out.

2) Price - If price is your concern, there are going to be significant cheaper options, or options at around the same price point that provide more "perks"

3) Features - Is there anything here that isn't being offered by Marriot World, Four Season, or any one of the other "Resorts" already in Orlando that make it unique. It can't compete with access to the parks that on property resorts have. So what is it that is offered here that makes it an exciting addition other than just new rooms.

4) Access - Again if one is going to Orlando and incorporating either park into your vacation, getting to/from those parks is alot easier on property, then staying off.
You're right. Happy holidays. 🎄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom